Viewing 7 posts - 1,161 through 1,167 (of 1,167 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

£799 for rochshox Judy silver and sx

£999 for rockshox 35s and nx

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBOOSCGX/on-one-scandal-sram-gx-mountain-bike

Considering the frame is £499 but has ranged between £150 and £799 it’s a pretty good deal.

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

Just ordered the 160-180 version, I think my others are 180-203…

Bu99er, same as the ones I already had.

And after another hour of faffing, can’t see how to get the caliper mounted ‘square’ to the rotor face with any of the various adaptors I’ve got…

Has anyone actually managed to mate up the Guide RE brake that came on the Scandal with a 180 rotor, and which adaptor did you use?

Premier Icon damascus
    Free Member

I’m running shimano xt with 180 rear rotor with zero issues

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

I might just junk the SRAM Guide RE, as I’ve a pair of Formula R1’s on an old bike.

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad

So, after buying a frame 18 months ago, I’ve finally got around to building it. Took me so long due to cash flow, slow procurement of parts and prevarication due to it being my first build. In the end it flew together in a couple of hours with zero issues and I’m really chuffed with it.  A budget build from a mix of new and second hand parts, SLX 11 speed drivetrain, SLX brakes and 130mm travel Reba forks. Not pushed it yet and need to fiddle with the ergonomics etc, but it rides brilliantly. I can see the full sus getting neglected for a while.

Premier Icon mrchrispy

tidy. i really fancy one but I’m a total fancy arsed roadie now

Premier Icon blokeuptheroad

i really fancy one but I’m a total fancy arsed roadie now

Do it! You’re obviously not a complete lost cause if you opened this thread! 😉  It’s all cycling, it’s all good 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1,161 through 1,167 (of 1,167 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.