• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • plus-one

Ok if only the £75 off code still worked 😉

Kryton57

Price of the GX has shot up.  I can get a Clockwork Evo for that price.  SLX, Rev….

big_scot_nanny

Jeez, that black one is a great looking bike, superb proportions. Don’t need one!

brant
    Free Member

Prices went up on Sunday night as highlighted. Over the weekend we sold more than a months worth of forecast stock.

We’ve also now got a new wheelset on there which is also on our Big Dog complete.

The On-One Wide Trail 29er Boost wheels are built for us by our great friends at Superstar components on their uk made hubs and rims they’ve sourced for us.
    Really high spec.

windysurfer
    Free Member

fitting a 180mm disk on the rear is very tight. Anyone else struggle or is it my bolt just a bit too long?

damascus
    Free Member

I want to change the rear maxle as I don’t want to carry round an 8mm Allen key.

Anyone found good, reasonably priced replacement yet? Thanks

sguiom
    Free Member

Finally received my XL scandal frame. The weight is 2130g without the axle, which is about 50-60 g. I will build a setup as light as possible for a reasonable cost.

superstu
    Free Member

That black one looks mint. Let’s see more of all of yours as you build them up.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Are the wheels going to be available separately?

matt_outandabout

Anyone know if those Vittoria Gomas are ok tubeless?

My O-O Goma’s were the £16 for two with a camelback bottle deal. They may be different from what comes on the bike.
    They’re the easiest tubeless tyres we’ve got. Straight on, tight but no tools needed, inflate every time.

brant
    Free Member

Are the wheels going to be available separately?

Yes. We have wheel plans.

bob_summers

Cheers Matt. From what I can work out, tubeless version has TNT on the sidewall but I suspected the normal ones would work.

Confused about the wheels now. Are they shipping with fulcrums or superstar? Still waiting for a confirmation email btw, though it does show up in my order history as awaiting stock.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well it’s arrived and was delivered to my neighbour as I was out, although Planet-x had said it was being returned to sender.

Also got several e-mails saying the replacement order (with the build yourself discount) is being built and shipped next week.

Ahh well, sort it out on monday. In the meantime it is VERY orange!

fossy

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES 🙂

medlow
    Free Member

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES 🙂

Agreed, more pics please.!!
    I was sooooo tempted with the initial pre-order frame discount but for some stupid reason I didnt jump at it. What a fool.
    I’ll just have to stick with my 26″ Scandal V2 for a bit longer.

lovewookie

I think a 32t standard would go. I think a 34t boost might too. But neither are standards that frame was designed to do so ymmv.

I can confirm, non boost 34t is v tight, but it’s just enough.

Any hints on routing a xt hose internally. The banjo means it needs to go bottom up, but the removable plate is at the bottom. Looks like I’ll either need to try old skool fishing for the hose, or get new hose with a bolt on banjo kit.

damascus
    Free Member

@lovewookie I’ve kept my cables the same side as the levers. My xt brake fed in from the bottom and out the top via the removeable guide. It’s nice and big and easy to fish out.

lovewookie

Ok. I’ll give it a go. Fishing top down wasn’t a problem, but was a bit concerned as the upper isn’t a removable guide. If it finds its way ok, that’s good.

Ta

damascus
    Free Member

@lovewookie

Just out on mine waiting for a mate

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”></span>

lovewookie

Ended up getting a new hose anyway as mine was too short. The lbs had a compression fit banjo so fitting the new hose should be a doddle

bob_summers

Mine’s due in mid Nov, second container?

brant
    Free Member

Mine’s due in mid Nov, second container?

We have the frames. We have just smashed through six months of SRAM stock in a month. Sorry.

lovewookie

Ended up getting a new hose anyway as mine was too short. The lbs had a compression fit banjo so fitting the new hose should be a doddle

Ignore me, it was late last night and I was half asleep. The removable guide is at the top. Dur..

windysurfer
    Free Member

Just finish building mine. Fork steerer still needs a trim and I may have the get new brake hoses as they’re both on the short side.
    Probably the last time it will ever been clean!

windysurfer
    Free Member

Just noticed the On One logo is upside down on one side!

Are they all like this?

brant
    Free Member

Are they all like this?

That’s a limited edition.

bonzodog
    Free Member

windysurfer

Are they all like this?

That’s a limited edition.

*dashes off to see if theyre any cheaper on the Eno-No site*

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

nuke

😂 Brilliant. Good old On-One

damascus
    Free Member

#howmtbusedtobe (but with a dropper)

Just got back from my first ride, 30 smiles today, 3000ft of climbing, mixture of road, mud, gravel, roots, stairs, drops, big climbs, long descents. Loved it.

Mines all retro, 1×10, bar ends, inner tubes, 2 finger braking, rigid forks, mudguards and not forgetting the mount for the bar bag.

Unfortunately mines not limited edition. Here’s a gate in front of a gate.

The on one stickers are not coming off! They are under the lacquer. Do you sell black ones I can stick over the top for a stealth look?

brant
    Free Member

That looks great. What fork. What length?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Looks like the fork off a Genesis Yarn. It’s supposed to be 120mm corrected, iirc. I’d be e interested in the A-C too.

plus-one

@windysurfer is yours a size small ?

@Damascus
    are you running 27.5 wheels ? Or it’s just a huge frame ?

damascus
    Free Member

That looks great. What fork. What length?

@Brant
    it’s a carbon fork from a genesis tarn. Plenty of room for a plus tyre.

are you running 27.5 wheels ? Or it’s just a huge frame ?

@plus
    one it’s an xl frame with 29er 2.3 tyres front and back. Plenty of room to go much bigger. It’s big isn’t it! It rides great. I think I’ll try a shorter stem next.

windysurfer
    Free Member

Limited edition eh? Lucky me.

@plusone
    mines a medium,2.6 x 29 on the front and 2.4 x 29 on the rear

Just taken it for a quick spin after added a cunningly placed piece of black tape:-) ( and ruining it with mudguards!)

no no

slackman99
    Free Member

From memory the Yarn forks are 510mm a2c.

Will fit 27.5×3.8 on a 45mm rim and 29×3

slackman99
    Free Member

*Tarn not yarn

maycontainnuts

Anyone know if those Vittoria Gomas are ok tubeless?

My O-O Goma’s were the £16 for two with a camelback bottle deal. They may be different from what comes on the bike.
    They’re the easiest tubeless tyres we’ve got. Straight on, tight but no tools needed, inflate every time.

Hmm, I seem to be struggling somewhat (though maybe not as bad as some others on the forum). I have found them very slack, soapy water made them go up but not seat at all. How’s everyone else finding them? Unless others aren’t having troubles/have some tips, I think I’ll just stick some tubes in until I can be bothered to replace them.

On that subject,the frame says it’ll take max 2.6, How about the forks?

Cheers

damascus
    Free Member

@maycontainnuts. How many layers of tubeless tape have you got? You might have to build it up?

bigjim

I hope mine is a NO NO too

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.