• This topic has 1,231 replies, 200 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by brant.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,232 total)
  • The new Aluminium Scandal 29er from on one / planet x
  • windysurfer
    Free Member

My frame has just arrived 😎

mattcartlidge

pics?

windysurfer
    Free Member

It’s at home and I’m at work!

I had the “WTF have you bought now” text

Kryton57

Complete bike has been delivered…. Unfortunately I’m working away all week. Oh well, let’s hope for a bit of sunshine to trial it for the weekend.

Looking forward to a review please….

bob_summers

Enjoying the typo still in the url

the-new-alliminium-scandal

Those who’ve bought – did you ever get a confirmation of order? I’ve just got the PP receipt. Though I ordered on Sunday night so expect I’m way back in the queue.

lovewookie

I got order confirmation and notification of shipment.
    frame arrived a couple of hours ago. 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I had the “WTF have you bought now” text

You must be on first name terms with your yodel driver. I just get a generic message

JackHammer
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

This appeared in my inbox….

😂

damascus
    Free Member

Why is the maxle separate to the frame for the big dog?

Is the big dog a steel version of the scandal? Shame you didn’t leave pannier mounts on the scandal.

Looks like my scandal frame will be delivered tomorrow.

Looking good so far. Any pics?

faustus

Awaiting delivery of my black frame. Going to be a fairly old school build due to limited funds, so it’s getting fork, brakes and 1×10 drivetrain from the parkwood. Going boost at the rear with an adaptor kit for now. First thing will be to paint over / vinyl wrap the pesky decals (unless they come off easily!).

tomcrow99

My XL has arrived, looks good. Just waiting for headset as added to order yesterday but clearly the frame had already been dispatched!

misteralz
    Free Member

Genuinely excited now. I’ve even got a buyer for the remains of my Zaskar now, so it’s working out cheaper, kinda…
    Hopefully see it here in NL next week?

stanstorey
    Free Member

Just putting my GX build together with my own tubeless tyres, bigger discs, dropper etc.
    Looks a great build and nice quality frame for the money.

Only comments so far… The carbon bar is 740mm… Can I go back from 790mm!?

And its arrived with a chip in the top tube, presumably brake lever has bashed it in transit, rather frustrating!
    Will see what they say via online chat in the morning…

rich1377
    Free Member

Frame just arrived but forgot to order headset any recomendations as Selcof one is out of stock .

damascus
    Free Member

chip in the top tube

On ones legendary paint work. Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll get plenty more chips. Invest in some nail polish.

redmist
    Free Member

Sorry if I’ve missed it in the previous 9 pages, but can anyone comment if this needs a specific boost chainset, or if I can get away ok wth a standard?

weeksy

On ones legendary paint work. Don’t worry about it, I’m sure you’ll get plenty more chips. Invest in some nail polish.

My 29er Parkwood looks perfect and is 4 years old.

brant
    Free Member

My 29er Parkwood looks perfect and is 4 years old.

Same factory as the Scandal too actually.

brant
    Free Member

Sorry if I’ve missed it in the previous 9 pages, but can anyone comment if this needs a specific boost chainset, or if I can get away ok wth a standard?

I think a 32t standard would go. I think a 34t boost might too. But neither are standards that frame was designed to do so ymmv.

redmist
    Free Member

Thanks for the super fast answer Brant, I’ll give it a go and see how I get on.

faustus

I’m going to be using an old slx triple with a 32t ring, so I’m hoping to come up with a spacing combo that works!

Good to know it’s from the same factory as the parkwood, mine’s been faultless for the past 4 years too.

brant
    Free Member

Good to know it’s from the same factory as the parkwood, mine’s been faultless for the past 4 years too.

They also made the Fatty Trails too though. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They also made the Fatty Trails too though. So

Ive still got one of those frames in the shed as i never got arround to getting a fork for it (and still ride my original fatty without noticing the weight hence the lack of impetus to replace it).

damascus
    Free Member

You know you’ve bought a gate when……

They have to modify a box to fit your xl frame in it. 🤣

stanstorey
    Free Member

Just in case anyone is remotely interested… Here’s my scandal and transmitter… Those of you that are married will appreciate the joy in being able to buy a bike with almost identical colouring as the old one 🙂

Scandal is gx build but I’ve added
    -xt ice tech rotors which are cheap at halfords
    -Dhr2 and dhf tyres tubeless
    -Brandx dropper
    -Azonics bar from transmitter
    -image ruining mudhuggers to be fitted shortly…

bob_summers

Looking good. Maybe should’ve ordered the black one.
    Just remembered I gave my shock pump away years ago because I “was never going to ride an MTB again”. Oops.

Still waiting for the confirmation email btw. Money’s gone out, but only had the Paypal email.

brant
    Free Member

Money’s gone out, but only had the Paypal email.

Spam box

bob_summers

Not there either. Though I did find emails from PX from almost 20 years ago, had a bit of a chuckle at the things I used to buy

damascus
    Free Member

Just built mine up, It looks well built and very neat. Internal routing worked well and was easy to fish out.

The bad bits which have nothing to do with the frame are:

The ashima boost kit is fiddly, the rear maxle takes an 8mm Allen key! And my rear brake hose is on the short side and chain line needs some more work.

Now it’s almost built it looks very nice, can’t wait to ride it.

Brant, thanks for all your input. 👍😁

bigjim

Awaiting delivery of my black frame. Going to be a fairly old school build due to limited funds, so it’s getting fork, brakes and 1×10 drivetrain from the parkwood. Going boost at the rear with an adaptor kit for now. First thing will be to paint over / vinyl wrap the pesky decals (unless they come off easily!).

exactly the same here

Parkwood paint has lasted 4 years really well actually! Gone a bit shiny on the top tube from leg rubbing but good paint.

bigjim

Mine has been despatched but how they turned the delivery address I entered on the website to my name twice, the company twice, then the town name, I do not know. Could be interesting but hopefully the delivery driver has enough local knowledge to know where it is…

bobodaclown

Looks a decent frame, now need to get the bits to build up.
    Headset annoying as wanted to add to the frame order but no response to my request before the frame shipped 🙁

bobodaclown

@brant
    The dropouts look identical other than flat mount Vs post mount to the Bowman’s pilgrim, same factory?

k1100t
    Free Member

@thisisnotaspoon what size of fattie frame…? I one to replace my cracked Dune frame.

brant
    Free Member

@brant
    The dropouts look identical other than flat mount Vs post mount to the Bowman’s pilgrim, same factory?

No idea.

Dropouts are a catalogue part.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Its a large, but i have a set of wheels and cranks so the plan was to find a fork and get it built. Although that plan has been on the shelf for about 3 years!

bob_summers

Anyone know if those Vittoria Gomas are ok tubeless?

plus-one

Anyone running/planning to run 27.5 wheels on the scandal ?

brant
    Free Member

Me!

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,232 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.