Home Forums Bike Forum Tell me about the Altura Trail near Keswick

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tell me about the Altura Trail near Keswick
  • forge197
    Free Member

Is it worth the trip looks ok on paper? Thinking both loops then a bit of lunch then same again, how long does each bit take as the distance's don't seem too long.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Its about an hour per loop. The North loop is better than the south from what I remember.

stumpy01

I went there at the beginning of April. It was pretty good. I was at Center Parcs that week about 30 mins away. I did the North & the South loop in under two hours (and I'm not particularly quick).
    I think there's a blue loop that's opened up since I was there that's meant to be quite good too.

Decent visitor centre & some waymarked walks too, if you are taking any non-bikey people along.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

2 x South, 2 x Blue, 1 x North yesterday.

Having not ridden for about a month i enjoyed it. Quite slippy atm but it can be even worse in the dry tbh due to loose shail. Its a very up or down trail. There arent many sections that dont require either effort going up or control coming down.

I think its a success tbh.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Road it for the 1st time last Sunday. South loop is way better than the north IMO. I like the more rocky/mountain feeling on the south loop.

Didn't do the blue but from others were saying on Sunday it is definitely worth a ride.

I was also rather impressed with the quality of the bike shop. Plenty of stock and a nice range of stuff to.

forge197
    Free Member

Sounds like it would be worth it for a trip out. Would head to GT or Inners but here it can be a bit chocker at the weekends so saving that for a week day off!!

Thanks for the feedback.

lowey

Depends how far your travelling IMO. anything over 1.5 hours and I'd say do the natural stuff instead… far better.

I hated it, but most people give it the thumbs up.

unsponsored
    Free Member

Winlatter was chocker on Sunday. We arrived at 9ish and there must have been a dozen cars at most. By midday the car park was full. It was the 1st weekend of the school hols and the weather forecast was so wrong.

boxelder

It will be busy at the W/E – it was fairly busy today. Ride the Blue loop – it's blue and a half and good fun – gives a flavour of the south loop.
    As a first timer, I'd do blue, south, north, south and then see how you feel.
    I prefer 'natural trail' riding, but would be happy driving 1 1/2 hours to ride there (fortunately I can pedal to the start in 15 mins).

forge197
    Free Member

I'd love to investigate the natural stuff but don't know any of it and am not going to get chance to plan a route think that will be a future as is the natural stuff around the Stanes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about the Altura Trail near Keswick’ is closed to new replies.