Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Racin @ Cannock Chase this weekend you coming?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Course looks good and quick and its run by Pat and the crew so for £30 for two races are you having a go.
    http://www.nps.mfbiz.com/#

mentalalex
    Free Member

Not me rich, course is nice thou, rode it on sunday,

you out next sun ?

scruff
    Free Member

20 mph winding jumpy singletrack to 6ft concrete drop

:-0

postierich
    Free Member

Where you heading this weekend Alex?

wilma
    Free Member

I’d be there if it wasn’t for exams 🙁 Just hope i’m home next time there’s something going on!
    Have a good one!

postierich
    Free Member

Is Stu first aid trained I hear he is marshaling there @ the weekend,I was sussing a pussy line yesterday!

rOcKeTdOg

i’d rather eat my own arm

mentalalex
    Free Member

just round the chase, 9.30md

keef sicky won’t be out there at a stag do thing.

postierich
    Free Member

Anyone else?

neilb67
    Free Member

Yep me Rich….

But marshalling only..

Concrete drop is fun… 😆

MrSparkle

Iamin.

6′ drop?????? 😯

postierich
    Free Member

Does not look like much from this angle but hit it unaware @ speed it will be time to radio the meat wagon!

franki
    Free Member

Not me, mate. At a festie this weekend.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’ll be marshalling on Saturday.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Anyone got a tracklog or like of the race loop?

postierich
    Free Member

Looks as though there are going to be more marshals than rider :(s

Duc
    Free Member

I’m racing.
    I have already chosen my position – dead last !

Drillski
    Free Member

marshalling sunday, after a 100k loop in t’ peaks on saturday…..
    might not be the most energetic of marshalls…..
    and lack of energy may lead me to resolve any disputes quickly and simply with a bop on the nose!

st

See you there Rich.

CT are providing the marshalls and evening barby/beer spot, we might have had input into “bits” of the course too ;o)

weeble
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

I’ve just got back from riding the course and I can confirm it’s fast and fun.

The step entry to the descent postierich has pictured needs some care. Stay of the front brake, get your weight well back and it’s a OK, attack it with too much speed and I agree with postierich, you’ll probably visit the nettles either side.

It’s dry and dusty at the mo bt given the forcast I don’t expect that to last!

snakebite
    Free Member

I predict that that little drop will be renamed ‘collarbonecorner’. I also expect one or two ‘offs’ on the fireroad descent down to Birches V…Elite rider on your lef……arse! There’s some proper fast bits on the course, and if it does rain…ohhhhh.

Mud’X’s would be good to have on standbye, prob the tyre of choice for most locals during winter/spring.

postierich
    Free Member

we might have had input into “bits” of the course too ;o)

Are you sure, the course seemed to flow quite well 😆

st

**** orf, it’s 100% CT ;o)

Cheeky Munkey.

Pleased with finding the concrete drop, hope all the noodly Sids and bar ends can cope with it.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

that’s not the concrete drop after marquis drive centre on FTD is it? the big concrete lump?

that’s fun 🙂

st

Nope, that’s a big slab that people have at last found and started riding.

This is an odd mound of concrete buried in a bank that’s exposed enough to make the slope interesting. Not naturally occurring granite but not bad for the Chase.

0091paddy
    Free Member

Sounds fun, is it easy to locate the circuit? May go up tommorow.

Ciao.

NedFlanders
    Free Member

Postie,

I hope you have some clear lenses for your fake oakleys this weekend. Nice pic of the drop off

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I might be able to do a little marshalling….

postierich
    Free Member

Oi Ned got some pukka lenses for them I know what you mean about the oakleys, the geezer was well dodgy who supplied!

NedFlanders
    Free Member

Postie Never ever trust a northern Monkey selling discount shades….

0091paddy
    Free Member

Just got back in from riding what I think was most of the course. Practiced the drop a few times (and moved the upside down branch out of the way, before putting it back :-)). Agree with holding the speed back there, as plenty of speed can be built back up once you hit the bottom.

I noticed a section with two small yellow flags, is this part of the course?

neilb67
    Free Member

Yep, after the drop you go right up a short climb and then down onto the existing trail which leads down to BV

markrh
    Free Member

Paddy were you the man with a pump? if so many thanks, hope I sent you in the right direction. Looks like it should be good course, wished I was racing it myself,
    next year maybe. Good luck for Sunday, I’ll be watching my lad at Hopton throwing himself down a big hill, should be fun,
    Mark.

st

I forgot to remove the flags, that is the exit to one of the singletracks.

snakebite
    Free Member

what time is the under 12’s race?

Not for me obviously, I’m 14 st…

emac65
    Free Member

Nope,only riding Friday this week.Got a 40th on Friday night & off out for a meal on the Sat,followed by one or two drinks afterwards…. 8)

Rode most the course on Monday & it’s not bad tbh…..

st

ooh, the flattery…

snakebite
    Free Member

reckon the course designer is praying for rain…

0091paddy
    Free Member

Hey Mark, yeah I was the lad with the useful-ish pump! Cheers for showing me round those sections, managed to find a bit more when I ventured off.

Cheers for the good luck, just hoping the weather holds off! 😛

936ADL
    Free Member

Where roughly is the course?

I’m not sure i want to pay £30 to ride around the chase but i might pop up for a look at the racing.

Cheers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Racin @ Cannock Chase this weekend you coming?’ is closed to new replies.