Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • theotherjonv

why Hey Jude – from the immediately recognisable everyone knows they’re from Liverpool band?

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’m not a betting man ..but if you wanted a bet with fairly long odds it surely must be for Gini to score ..?

I don’t think he ever has away from home ?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Hello…

theotherjonv

and the arse puckering begins…….

binners

Odds of Liverpool finishing this game with 11 men on the pitch?

hugo
    Free Member

Fair play to the ref. Normally that would have been a foul on van Dijk by Sterling in Europe, but he’s setting the tone as FA Cup quarter final, and the game will be better for it.

Ederson, what a weapon…

hugo
    Free Member

Odds of Liverpool finishing this game with 11 men on the pitch?

3.3 to 1 for a red for either team.

theotherjonv

Mane has been unlucky, a pure slip with no malice; and then not to react to 3 or 4 pushes by Ederson .

But City look deadly.

hugo
    Free Member

Weird and risky arm thing by Robertson on Sterling. Not quite sure why it stopped his legs from working?!

Caher

Referee will decide this game, seems really card happy. Hate that it a physical sport.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Odds of Liverpool finishing this game with 11 men on the pitch

no chance at this rate but at 1-0 down after 45mins the second half could be quite different.

theotherjonv

Offside?  was just about to say good decision – the GK is usually one of the two – but I think it came back off Milner

MSP

i don’t think that was an offside, but i need to see it again.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Breathtaking stuff! :-0

theotherjonv

He was ‘in an offside position’ where the GK had run past him, but can’t be offside until a team mate plays the ball, and as I say i think it went to him from Milner’s knee.

binners

The ball came off Milner so the goal should have stood.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mon Liverpool, into the northern Chelsea.

binners

Great game! I’d hate to be that poor kid who seems to have Silva and Sane constantly running at him, with De Bruyne joining in for a laugh

MSP

So if the offside decisions had been got right over the two legs, city would be 3 and Liverpool 2.

That one wasn’t offside on 2 counts FFS! coming off Milners knee, and Chamberlain playing him onside.

theotherjonv

Yeh, and if Sterling could finish you’d have beaten Utd by 6 on Sunday.

In another world you’d be down to 10 men for 4 separate bookable offences by Ederson on Sane.

What’s your point? Humans make errors, control what you can not what you can’t.

theotherjonv

That one wasn’t offside on 2 counts FFS! coming off Milners knee, and Chamberlain playing him onside.

Oh and wrong. Badly wrong.  Go and learn the laws before talking shite.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

MSP

control what we can, we have, we keep putting the ball in the net, what the **** else more can we do?

theotherjonv

I’m looking at the score and it says 1-3, what’s your point caller?

Law 5:

Decisions of the referee

Decisions will be made to the best of the referee`s ability according to the Laws of the Game and the spirit of the game and will be based on the opinion of the referee who has the discretion to take appropriate action within the framework of the Laws of the Game.

The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final. The decisions of the referee, and all other match officials, must always be respected.”

Rockape63
    Free Member

It’s pretty poor that in this day and age, such an important goal can be incorrectly ruled out!

theotherjonv

I can easily see why the assumption would be that the city player played it, either whole or in part, but with the action triangulated between ref, assistant and goal line assistant that shouldn’t be missed. Fact is though, it was, and that’s where football needs a (functioning) VAR system

theotherjonv

That one counts though. What a finish.

binners

Was that Salah’s first touch? Great finish!

In other news: Roma are 2-0 up

Caher

The Roma game is a cracker too.

Rockape63
    Free Member

It’s all over now.

Caher

Yes as a neutral I thought city might get less of  beating from Madrid/Barca than Liverpool.

binners

I can only listen to Steve McManaman commentating for so long before I want to hacksaw my own ears off and hurl them into another dimension

I’m now past that point by some degree

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m watching Roma now!

binners

Oops! That was a bit of a howler!

Man of the match? Milner? How many blocks has he put in tonight?

Alexander-Arnold has put a hell of a shift in in the first half against Sane and Silva

hodgynd
    Free Member

Well done Liverpool..fully deserved over the two legs ..

Pretty football from city ..but if you don’t take your chances ..

Rockape63
    Free Member

Wow Romaaaaaaa!

theotherjonv

Fair play, they’ve been clinical when they needed to be. Sadly, the blame will go to the officials when frankly some of the defending has been scandalous, he might as well have rolled a red carpet out for his path to goal.

I don’t really remember either keeper having a difficult save to make, which for such an open attacking tie is a surprise. Mind, Milner’s been like a one man wall, he’ll be black and blue (and red all over) tomorrow

Imagine losing over 2 legs to a team that openly admit to shaving their chests in the team showers 😉

hodgynd
    Free Member

Hell 4-4 ..just turned over in time for Roma’s third !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hell that Roma score could mix this up a lot

Caher

Pity that really don’t want Real to win yet again.

rogermoore

Wijnaldum is the man of the match for me, broken up so much of City’s play on the edge of the box where they can be so dangerous. Liverpool definitely the better team over the two legs, tactically smarter in both games.

RM.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.