Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • MSP

Prawn sandwiches?

Yes, lots of them, but watch out for the portly Spanish looking waiter.

hodgynd
    Free Member

The tie is already over ..Liverpool will be playing Barcelona ..( I reckon )

binners

So Manchester people, where to watch the game tonight that will be good for the neutral

Anywhere really. How toxic do you want the atmosphere?

If I’m in Town then I always like watching the footy in the White Lion on Liverpool Road M3 4NQ. Its a proper reds pub with equal animosity towards both sides playing tonight. Its a good boozer.

Rockape63
    Free Member

The tie is already over ..Liverpool will be playing Barcelona ..

Lol….you wouldn’t be saying that if you were a LFC fan!   You’re probably right though…but how about some predictions on the scoreline?  I’m going for 4-2 (not agg)

Rockape63
    Free Member

So Manchester people, where to watch the game tonight that will be good for the neutral

Come on Binners, you can’t be 100% neutral…..who d’ya wanna winnit? 😮

hodgynd
    Free Member

2-1 ..Man City to win the match ..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Its a proper reds pub with equal animosity towards both sides playing tonight. Its a good boozer.

Flat roof, plastic glasses and guaranteed fights?

Might head down there, I’m expecting goals this evening and maybe extra time (that is only is it’s 3-0 city?) a few yellows and possible somebody off

binners

who d’ya wanna winnit?

I’m genuinely not that bothered. Probably City, just because I’ve been listening to plenty of scousers who think that not only is tonight a foregone conclusion, but that they’re then go on to win the Champions League, bless ’em.

I think it should be a belter of a match though

Flat roof, plastic glasses and guaranteed fights?

Far from it….

Image result for the white lion liverpool road manchester

MSP

It will be interesting to see how city set up at the back tonight, Stones should have been given more game time recently, if you look at earlier in the season, a lot of city’s control at the back came from his comfort on the ball, he isn’t as good as Kompany at making challenges or clearances, but he doesn’t need to he restricts opposition chances in other ways. So I am hoping for a back line of Walker, Stones, Laporte and Delph. In previous years it was a no brainer to pkay Kompany, the team played better with him in it, but this year I am not seeing that.

Then it is down to who the striker will be, I can’t call that, as I have said previously, I think Aguero would outscore Jesus, but with Jesus the team is likely to score more goals.

Still I dream, but am not hopeful.

binners

Do you lot want me to keep you informed of Mrs Binners betting selections?

weeksy

but that they’re then go on to win the Champions League, bless ’em.

You realise you got drubbed by the team we beat and they knocked you out of the Champions League ? You know, ages ago…  We’re still in it… So we’re not the ones who are really ‘bless ’em’  The simple fact is, right now we have a MUCH higher chance than Utd of making the Semi Finals….

binners

Image result for reeling a fish in

weeksy

Yes dear, make out like you were just being funny.. .When actually you were just being bitter as usual.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well of the 8 left I’d only say Juve and Roma are completely out of it, so after this it’s 3 games to the trophey and realistically anyone of the teams here could and can win it. Liverpool and Man City can create and worry teams on the score more than you principle.

binners

Jesus… lighten up sweetheart. You don’t half get over-sensitive, you lot.

#stillaboveyou
    #stillneverwonapremiership
    #20times

😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Mask slipping again today binbins. You’ve managed quite a bit of this thread maintaining the small shreds of dignity you had left. But even they’re gone now. So much hate. So little love. 😥

martinhutch

So much hate. So little love

Let’s just link arms and give a rousing rendition of ‘All Together Now’…

binners

Oh come on Bravissimo. Not you too with the ruffled petticoats? Did the nasty man say hurty things?

Seriously….. have a word with yourselves. Its football FFS!

I’m looking forward to a good match tonight, and I’m not particularly bothered who wins. It won’t be us. I actually registered the bit where we got knocked out. Whats the problem?

The irony of this is that I’ve spent the last couple of hours sorting out some of my scouse mate Maxime’s (who i go to Anfield with) sketches of Liverpool players to go on the Liverpool FC fan pages. I’m sorting her print run out for her this afternoon. Getting them done on a digital wide format… they should look great

They’re brill. What do you think….? If you’d like one, let me know. They’re off to the printers this afternoon. A3 size. She’s done loads of older players Stevie G, Dalglish etc as well. I think the Salah one is my favourite

Rockape63
    Free Member

Lol at Binners pretending he doesn’t care about Liverpool winning! 🙂

Very good pics those….not sure about Klopps hair colour mind!  Think the first and last are the best.

weeksy

Clearly quite talented. The Salah one is great. I bought my lad a Salah kit for tonights game. Gave him it yesterday, he’s not actually taken it off yet !

binners

I think the Klopp one was the first one she did. Prior to that she hadn’t drawn owt for 20 years. She’s honed her technique a lot. The latest ones are brilliant. She’s just done a blinding Cantona one which I think I need up on the wall.

She had a meeting with the merchandising bods at Anfield a couple of weeks ago, so they could be in the club shop before too long

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not me at all binbins – I care a little of course but I’m more worried about you and all the hate you bottle up inside – all over football.

I even cheered for your boys in red at the weekend because I was thinking about you (#strangest) and how your whole season had come down to this one game to define your whole year. I know how important it all is to you so I quietly supported your red boys in the hope that it would cheer you up. But everything just seems to be making you more angry. Is it time to ditch the Sky Sports subscription and get out a bit more instead of sitting in front of the TV like some modern day Wayne, gambling your earnings away and drinking Stella?

If it’s something you’d like to talk about, we’re all here you know.

p.s. The pics are great but the Bobby one needs more brilliant white teeth. 😬

binners

Your concern for my welfare is duly noted Bravissimo. I’m feeling’ the love!

Rockape – RE: the ‘proper reds pub’ I suggested for tonight…… back in the day when the peak of the Premiership season was the Keane/Vierra wrestling match, there was a solitary Arsenal fan who used to come in there. A North London ex-pat exiled in the North.

He’d walk in on his own, in his Arsenal shirt, in a pub in the middle of Manchester, plonk himself down right in front of the telly and sit and watch the United/Arsenal battle in a pub packed full of United fans.

Nobody ever gave him any grief as everyone worked on the principle that if you’ve got the stones to be doing that, you probably deserve some serious respect

Well, that and the fact he was a serious ****ing man-mountain too 😀

hodgynd
    Free Member

On the subject of teeth / Colour of Klopps hair ..

That tone of yellow perfectly matched Jurgens teeth before he had some dental work ..man they were proper minging when he first came to Liverpool..

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Do you lot want me to keep you informed of Mrs Binners betting selections?

would make a change from the usual aftertiming

Rockape63
    Free Member

Quality Binners…..we’re all like that at Arsenal dontcha know?  😉

hodgynd
    Free Member

Rockape 63..being relatively new to this thread I hadn’t realised you supported Arsenal ..

Are you ready for a hiding at the weekend ?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Rockape 63..being relatively new to this thread I hadn’t realised you supported Arsenal ..

😮 Really?  You see you are so utterly engrossed in the MA nightmare, you can’t see the wood for the trees!

You’ve certainly got a good chance seeing as the mighty Welbz will be upfront for us and our once half decent centre back Mustafi, has had a frontal lobotomy! 🙁

hodgynd
    Free Member

It’s true …word is that he has now upped his asking price again with safety now more or less assured !

Depending on your own viewpoint you might also know what it’s like when someone overstays their welcome ( although I personally think he has done a fantastic job )

Should be a decent game on Sunday ..but I’m really looking forward to what unfolds tonight first ..

binners

You’ll be looking over your shoulder and watching those Burnley results though, eh Rockape? They’re on a roll again at the moment. Unbelievable where they are in the table. Thoroughly deserved too!

theotherjonv

Yeah right.  As a passive Mags fan, I can’t think of a more bogey team. Quick google reveals this millenium we have played them 37 times, and have secured 4 wins and 9 draws in that time. Using the league points system (allowing for some of them being cup games) that’s 21 points out of 111. And we’re on a 10 match losing streak currently.

The only chance we’ve got is if Mrs Binners backs us.

binners

Mrs Binners ALWAYS bets on Burnley at home. She’s had some big wins there!

She’s not back home yet so I’ve not had the Oracle’s opinion on this evenings outcome. I’ll keep you posted 😀

Rockape63
    Free Member

I don’t think we have anything to fear from Burnley to be honest, we’ve got a reasonable straightforward finish, but as you say….fair play to them, its been a fantastic season for them.

We are now in purgatory (the real meaning) whilst we await Le Prof’s moment of leaving and the chance to re group and move on.  Wenger’s best days are behind him, but he needs to go now, before he truly f*****s up his legacy!

I think it will be 2-2 against the barcodes!

hugo
    Free Member

Some people on the this thread need to learn how to take a bit of needle.

Jesus wept, I dread to think what would happen if certain individuals  had to  play an actual competitive game of football in which someone could  say mean things or do a tackle thing on them.

WHERE’S MY SAFE SPACE!?

[whimper]

binners

I’m sure i’ve no idea who you’re referring too….

😂

Anyhooo….. she has spoken. She’s being bold. She’s not only bet on a City win, but also by enough to go through.

Mystic Mrs Binners has asked me to add the disclaimer that she accepts no responsibility for anyone losing all their money

hodgynd
    Free Member

I hear what you are saying ( theotherjonv)..but on current form we are 5th in the league for this calendar year ..on a bit of a roll and I really fancy us for a win ..

hugo
    Free Member

Certainly not yourself, Monsieur Binners!

theotherjonv

City 9/2, might have a bit on that

Newcastle 12/5 despite being the form team and at home.  Arsenal evens. Bookies not often wrong

binners

fernandinho as a centre back?

hugo
    Free Member

City 9/2, might have a bit on that

5.6 to 1 on Betfair….

My pick would be the draw on the  90 minute result. Again 5.6 to 1 seems like great value. The market seems very polarised!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.