Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>binners
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I think Real’s European experience will show and they’ll just edge it

</div>

Imagine that? 🙂

hodgynd
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong ..I think he is a fantastic footballer ..but just to restore some football Karma.

I hope Salah is clean through on goal ..Ronnies running back gets alongside him and gently makes contact about 30 yards out ..but Salah throws himself theatrically to the floor and poor old R ..gets a straight red ..

Picking himself up after he “recovers ” Mo then throws a wink in Klopps direction ..places the ball for the free kick and rifles it straight into the top corner of the net to score the winning goal.

Karma restored .

( Yes I know it was in an international match ..but what goes around n all that  and I’ve never found it in me to forgive him ) 😁

henderson
    Free Member

Liverpool  will play very bravely, but Real win experience. It was amazing final 😉 i’m looking forward 🙂

MSP

Guardiola extends his deal, good news for city.

Looks like Arteta will be appointed at Arsenal. Is he just a patsy to get over the post Wenger mess before the real rebuilding starts in 12 months time?

theotherjonv

Police have been warned to watch out for Fulham fans with flares at the play off final.

At least, that’s what they were wearing last time they went to Wembley.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

The Grecians – fabulous tonight. Very fitting for the last home game for Steve Perryman. Now his very final game will be at Wembley.

ransos
    Free Member

While I’m no fan of Moyes, letting him go when they don’t have anyone else lined up is just stupid. Better, I think, to have given him another year, stabilise the club, and then see if we could attract a better manager. I have more sympathy for Everton’s board, having had the misfortune of watching the “football” Allerdici served up at West Ham.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Dunno, good to let him go now and get a new manager in well before next season. Few rumours today linking Rafa but it would be a sideways, if not downward move, I think for him.

Garry_Lager

Looks like Arteta will be appointed at Arsenal. Is he just a patsy to get over the post Wenger mess before the real rebuilding starts in 12 months time?

I think it’s a bit of a two-way shot – Wenger leaving is a meteor strike and will turn that club upside down, meaning anyone who comes in, even someone really good, stands a big chance of failing and probably the next two guys after that. So it’s maybe not a bad time to role the dice – Arteta is completely untried but he’s a serious person, it’s not like they’re appointing Paul Ince or someone like that. There’s a small chance he could make it.

Wenger’s appointment was the greatest managerial decision in premiership history, in terms of risk-taking, so maybe they’ll catch lightening in a bottle twice.

Risky for Arteta if he ends up with the position – might be hard to recover a managerial career if things go pear-shaped there. Used to love watching him at Everton so would like to see him do well.

ransos
    Free Member

Dunno, good to let him go now and get a new manager in well before next season.

That’s contingent on getting someone better. The dildo brothers and Lady Brady’s negotiating skills don’t inspire confidence…

zippykona

Big Sam needs a job….

binners

Who the **** would want the West Haaaaaaaaam job?

Mind you….. working for Mike Ashley or the Chuckle Brothers….?

binners

Right! Now all that nonsense is out of the way, on with the real issue of the day….

footy 😃

I’m not anticipating a nine goal thriller, to say the least

What is a nice touch, after his career with both clubs, is the trophy will be presented by Ray Wilkins wife

PiknMix
    Free Member

Who the **** would want the West Haaaaaaaaam job?

Pellegrini, he’s currently flying in from China to discuss the terms.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

1 – 0 United in a snooze fest.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Game livening around the hour mark…so much diving, I was wondering where Tom Daley was playing?

Cletus

Not the most entertaining of games but the right result as Chelsea got a pretty ropey deal from the officials. Jones should have seen red and the Young handball should have been a penalty. Why no VAR for that?? – it was pretty blatant.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Don’t get onto that subject again…..we’ll have another half dozen lengthy posts on the subject 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Would have been better to go out in the quarters for Jose there….

PMK2060

The big final is next week….

Rotherham v Shrewsbury. Up the millers!

binners

That was dire! Awful! Got to say that when I saw Jones challenge I thought “well done… that’s us down to ten men” can’t believe he didn’t get a straight red for that

not that it did us any good. We were absolutely woeful first half, second half was a bit better but still awful.

its going to be interesting to see how many of that squad are still there next season.

MSP

I think city should put an offer in for Rashford after the world cup, give him a chance to fulfil his potential with a manager who develops players.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

was it not the double punishment rule thing. i.e a pen and red is too harsh.

As usual with United losing my highlight was Mourinho’s interview afterwards. Deranged as always, brilliant!

senorj

I would be happy if Liverpool signed Rashford. Must be better than playing for Mr Pricklepants. 🙂

MSP

Unal Emery has been appointed the gunners manager. Rumours earlier in the day that Arteta was going to turn them down due to lack of say in transfers.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah that came out of the blue!  Lots of rumours, but that one is unlikely to be true.  Some complications over the backroom staff gave the board the chance to get cold feet over an untested new manager. Fan backlash had been building for a while, so they’ve gone for a more sensible appointment.

Totally rubbish process though!

Garry_Lager

Darron ‘not an alcoholic’ Gibson has evaded a custodial sentence, again, for drink driving. He was sentenced to community service and banned for 40 months yesterday, for being 3 times over the limit at 9am and ploughing his 4×4 through a row of parked cars in a housing estate.

A couple of years back he ran over three cyclists mending a broken chain on the pavement, and was apprehended at a petrol station, drunk, filling his car in bare feet (embarrassingly, my club continued to employ this shithouse afterwards).

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/darron-gibson-court-ex-sunderland-14685655

PrinceJohn

Wonder if he’s off to the pub to celebrate staying out of jail.

RicB

Ive tried to be patient with Jose but the only positive is that the football is better than under Van Gaal. Which is faint praise indeed.

The future of the team team should be Rashford, McTominay, Martial, Fosu Mensah, Lingard, Pereria and Bothwick Jackson. Plus Shaw if there was someone to spend a bit of time building his confidence.

Only lingard and McTominay have progressed this season, all the others have regressed or disappeared. Jose only interested in 29yr old finished players, which isn’t the Utd way.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I didn’t realize Lingard was as old as he is but I agree he’s done pretty well. Rashford should just stick it out – Jose will be gone in a couple of years, tops. McTominay – what’s happened to him? Seemed to being doing well, became a regular starter and then disappeared.

binners

The football under Jose this season has been absolutely dire!

I’m sure that he’ll now offload half the squad, including Rashford and Tony Marshall, spend a fortune on expensive imports, then set them up to play anti-football, the same as this season.

Its difficult to see how we can possibly compete for the title against City with his mindset. And if Liverpool actually build a defence, then they’ll be up there scrapping it out as genuine title contenders too.

Its because the creative attacking football of City, Liverpool, and Spurs has been so great to watch this season that the contrast has been so marked with Jose’s dull, tedious and toothless ‘style’. We’ve got great attacking players who aren’t being allowed to play.

i don’t know a single United fan who’s happy with the situation. Jose keeps banging on about finishing second. So what? Pick any season and ask yourself who finished second? Nobody cares. Especially if the football you’re watching to achieve that is as bloody awful as it’s been this season

weeksy

But consdiering the way Chelsea played under him, none of this is a massive shock ? It’s who he is and what he does. He plays terrible football, kills games and stifles players, but is effective generally in results.

MSP

which isn’t the Utd way

It always surprises me how many fans actually believe the mythology around their clubs, utd have always bought more ready made players than they have developed youth, the class of 92 was exceptional, but they are not the norm.

I mean the city way is to look promising then completely **** it up, and we haven’t even delivered on that this year.

binners

Indeed Mine. I’m also  getting increasingly concerned that next season may see the end of the ‘Liverpool Way’ .

Shipping loads of late goals to throw comfortable leads away 😉

No sign of that yet though, thankfully.

My prediction for Saturday is liverpool scoring 2, or even 3 quick goals in the first half, then Real pegging them back and equalising, then Ronnie getting the winner with the last kick of the game.

Should be at s belter of a match!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Good luck to Fulham in the playoff final today ( can’t stand Villa ) ..and in particular to Mitro..hope you have a blinder son and score a hatrick pushing your value up to the £20m mark  ..then go on to have an outstanding World Cup ..and push your value up by another £5m.

I’m one of the toon fans who think you have had a bit of a raw deal ..but if Rafa doesn’t fancy you and you are to be sold then we need as much dosh as possible for you as it’s looking like our billionaire owner is keeping his hands in his pockets again this close season ..will we ever be rid of him ?

My own opinion is that Wolves will be your home next season …

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’d like to see Fulham up too – and see Sessegnon v the big boys. Looks the real deal and I hope he stays with Fulham for a couple more seasons.

Champions League prediction? 5-3 to Madrid.

anagallis_arvensis

Come on the Villa!!!

rogermoore

Do the Man United fans think they’d be as aggrieved at the dull style if they’d have bagged one of lesser trophies (i.e. league/fa cup) this season? Attractive football is great for the neutral, but benchmarking Spurs and Liverpool – neither of whom have won a trophy this season* seems odd to me when you finished comfortably ahead of them in the league.

RM.

* – yet. Good luck Liverpool tonight!

theotherjonv

Watching the play off final, good game so far. But the real questions…..

How long ago did Steve Bruce retire, and has he spent ALL that time eating?

He’s going straight into my fat ex-players XI, along with Barnes, Garth Crooks and of course the man mountain that is big Nev.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,601 through 1,640 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.