Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Is that 9-9 aggregate score this season? Liverpool 3-1 wins?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Bad night for City and Barcelona, great night for Roma and Liverpool.

Two great ties!

theotherjonv

City lose 3 on the spin, and go to Spurs on Saturday……. they couldn’t, could they? No…..

weeksy

I know tonight went in Liverpools favour for the Sane goal, but I really hope VAR never comes in. It will take away the whole excitement and experience, whether good or bad, it’s part of the game and has been for 130+ years.

Great result. Night night.

binners

Spoken like a man who’s team has just been on the benevolent side of not one, not two, but three wrong offside decisions over two legs 😂

I’m sure If you were Pep you’d be expressing much the same sentiments, yes? 😉

theotherjonv

I tend to agree, not least because it means the game moves on without pauses……. I wonder though if a system like cricket might work, where each team has an appeal per half to use, so at least a glaring error is overturned, and then also means that teams appealing every decision might reduce – ‘if you’re so sure then use your review!’

weeksy

Over the course of a season all teams get good decisions and bad. Using VAR it could be argued the city goal may have been ruled out, who knows.

That’s the great thing about football.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Proper VAR needs to exist, too much in this and these decisions need to be right. Get VAR done properly and done in pace with the game. If the ball is in the net then 1min to review isn’t going to matter.

However City did run out of steam if you let 5 goals in you shouldn’t expect to go through

binners

Well with those two legs and the United game in the middle, it’s been one bonkers week of football for City to round off their season

Great to watch though. Three blinding games on the bounce

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Spoken like a man who’s team has just been on the benevolent side of not one, not two, but three wrong offside decisions over two legs

U ok binbins Hun?

weeksy

Proper VAR needs to exist, too much in this and these decisions need to be right. Get VAR done properly and done in pace with the game. If the ball is in the net then 1min to review isn’t going to matter

Why? It hasn’t been needed in over 100 years, why now? I know I’m banging a drum to an extent but the games I’ve seen with it, have been a farce.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Just read the stat – Man City had 3 shots on target over 180 mins plus of football!!!!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Why? It hasn’t been needed in over 100 years, why now?

I think some Germans from 1966 would disagree, Maradona would have been sent off for the hand of God and plenty more, what you mean is it’s not been there for the last 100 years.

theotherjonv

They would have had 60 on target but they hit James Milner 57 times

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^😀

binners

I could do with a hug if i’m honest Bravissimo

mikey74
    Free Member

The simple fact is that disallowed goal wouldn’t have been enough to put City through: They would have needed to score another 2, without conceding. Yes, it may have changed the course of the game but, then again, maybe it would have inspired Liverpool into action. Who knows?

In the end, you can’t concede 5 goals in the CL and expect to go through. Yes, it does happen, but it’s unlikely.

rogermoore

The current VAR test doesn’t work for me, slows the game too much and leaving the crowd in the dark whilst the ref trots off to the halfway tunnel to look at an iPad for what feels like an age isn’t the right option. I’m not a Luddite and appreciate all sports have to move with the times, but taking the fast flow of football away isn’t worth the return of being able to say “Yes yes all the decisions in this game were 100% right” Quite frankly I think that would be a bit boring.

I’ve never understood why the behind the goal assistant don’t seem more effective?

RM.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It hasn’t been needed in over 100 years, why now?

neither was goaline technology or cameras at rugby or cricket . Technology has advanced and most people are aware whether a decision was right or wrong because we then see it in slow mo from many angles unlike when the only way to see it was to be there and get one chance.

In genera i like it but it has to have the  refs call like cricket  has if its not clear one way or the other.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

<span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>I could do with a hug if i’m honest Bravissimo</span>

We can hug it out binbins. ❤️

binners

*snuggles in*

theotherjonv

i could live without decisions being 100% right, which is particularly hard when much is ‘in the opinion of’ etc., as long as clear howlers get corrected.

weeksy

Well i’m in the office and Liverpool are still in the Champions league, despite Mrs Binners plotting our doom 🙂

Another day begins …. Can’t wait for the insanity 🙂

mrmoofo

I can’t believe how bad Citeh were…. rabbits in headlights stuff.  Good to see our DNA is still true to form and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is still the MO.

loum
    Free Member

When was victory in their jaws?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Poor? Thought they played well first half and creating a lot more than Liverpool through the match. Looked like they tired a lot and score would have been different if the worked out how not to be offside

weeksy

score would have been different if the worked out how not to be offside

Yes, 2-2 🙂

theotherjonv

being caught twice on a short corner routine is rubbish, for a start.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Rockape 63..being relatively new to this thread I hadn’t realised you supported Arsenal ..

Are you ready for a hiding at the weekend ?

Actually Hodgy……not sure what I was thinking of suggesting 2-2 at the weekend, its got 0-0 written all over it!

hodgynd
    Free Member

Rockape …two months ago I would have settled for a point from this fixture ..but if we are to have any chance of catching Burnley ( given that 7th place probably gets you there this season) for that last European spot we need all 3 pts 😎😁.

( He said very much with his tongue rolled up twice inside his cheek !).

2-0 Toon …

Rockape63
    Free Member

Just about to say no miracles tonight and Juve score in the second minute!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Your fave commentator again Binners!  Steve (iz it because I iz a scouser) mac.

Also think Bale may have embraced the local culture a bit too much, as he’s wearing gloves….in Madrid! 😀

binners

Game on now!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes! Mon Juve!

Rockape63
    Free Member

What a game, Juve playing well and Ronnie making desperate attempts to win a pen!

theotherjonv

I said after the Liv-Man City first leg – doesn’t matter who you are, if you concede early that two goal lead is very vulnerable, when you start thinking ‘surely we can’t blow this, can we?’ Then the second goes in and then you’re one shot, one deflection, one missed tackle……

Caher

Juve level now.

Klunk
    Free Member

wtf!

Rockape63
    Free Member

3-3, who would have thunk it?  Not Mrs Binners I’ll wager!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Could be a very open Semi draw from here…

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.