Viewing 20 posts - 1,681 through 1,700 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • beagle
    Free Member

Yes.  It’s maths.  At 1-1 you are always in the game and 2-1 down you are within reach.  No matter who is dominating play.  As United were in 99, at 1-0 down and getting totally dominated.  The difference was having subs like Bale (or Ole/Teddy) to come on and win the game.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>And resources can’t be blamed either.  </span>

senorj

Never mind. There’s always next year.  Real are a different class in big games like that. Bale’s goal was sublime. Was Klopp asking for his email at the end?

Me and little J watched it together,his first full game . He reckons if Sergio Ramos goes to Liverpool for his dinner, he should get cat litter sprinkled in it!

🙂

hodgynd
    Free Member

What a wise little J …he should have his own membership on here as he’s certainly hit the ground running..😁

Klunk
    Free Member

you’ll never walk alone (unless your name is Karius) you’ll never walk alone  (unless your name is Karius)

spekkie
    Free Member

Not a big football fan but I have to say they’ve been showing last nights goals over and over on the news here in Spain and Bales goal was a cracker.

hodgynd
    Free Member
    Rockape63
    Free Member

I think the upcoming World Cup is worthy of its own thread…..whoever wants to start one!

BTW….had a dream last night that I was playing football with Ronaldo, he got the award for most goals and best player, but I got an award for the best goal. 😀

binners

Get one started Rockape! Really looking forward to it now. Just did my Fantasy Football squad this morning.

Anyway… Big Sam to Real Madrid? 😀

hodgynd
    Free Member

Lacelles to Everton for £30m….😂

Not happening that’s at least £20m light ..and why would he want to ?

MSP

Why?

Because Everton are investing while fat Ashley is selling, it is only a matter of time until Rafa walks, he will get more money and 30 mill is generous.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Not generous enough for a 23 year old English centre half / our club captain ..and better than the dummys Southgate is taking to Russia …

He was outstanding last season and is only going to get better…and besides which why would he want to join a team that only finished two places above Newcastle playing in a crap little stadium….hardly a career move !

Ashley isn’t selling anything ..wether that be the club or any player that Rafa wants to keep ..and you have totally misread what Rafa is asking for ..which basically is to spend any transfer budget the way he sees fit and not neccessarily on a number of crap players if there is say one player who would blow the whole budget ..its not about personal gain ( he already is one of the best paid managers ).

Where I do agree with you is that Rafa will definitely walk ..not next season while still under contract ..but at the end of it as Ashley IS a complete cheapskate and conman ..I thought my loathing for the man couldn’t reach much higher ..but it would appear that it still has some way to go .

hodgynd
    Free Member

Don’t know if this bloke read my post ..but it certainly seems like it ..even if his article is written a tad more eloquently..

Everton signing Jamaal Lascelles from Newcastle United? Why the media are having a laugh

MSP

Yaya Toure and his agent have gone insane again and cursed Pep with African shaman.

It is a real shame, he was a fantastic player in his prime but has been in decline for the past 4 years, and the reality is hasn’t merited that much playing time for a while now, Pellegrini gave him more playing time than he deserved 3 seasons ago, it was clear then that he was slowing city’s movement down, now even a blind man could see it.

binners

Did Pep forget his birthday?

dannyh
    Free Member

I listened to some of the 5 Live interviews with the England squad. A mixed bag, some mindless corporate platitude bullshit, but actually quite a lot of character being shown.

One thing puzzles me, though. Why do all of the England players (except the scousers) sound like some poor extra from Eastenders, innit, bruv? The daft faux patois just makes them sound like dickheads.

Garry_Lager

Looks like trouble brewing at Villa – missing promotion has put the club on its back, CEO suspended, HMRC knocking on the door. Sad to see a founding member of the league in disarray.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Forgive me if I don’t share your sadness ..after Sunderland they are my least favourite team ..purely down to the way their fans behaved when we got relegated a couple of seasons back and for no apparent reason ..” Sob On The Tyne ” etc.

Try and Holt back the tears ..

Garry_Lager

Forgive me if I don’t share your sadness ..after Sunderland they are my least favourite team ..purely down to the way their fans behaved when we got relegated a couple of seasons back and for no apparent reason ..” Sob On The Tyne ” etc.

One would need a heart of stone not to laugh at the Geordies being relegated, hodgynd – be fair. Villa are a grand old club and it does no one any good to see them go under.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Edit search is shit, got last years thread.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,681 through 1,700 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.