Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,700 total)
  • Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread
  • binners

We’ve had all the talk of transfer nonsense on t’other thread (I see Arsenal are making Sanchez sulk for a year before he goes on a free), but I thought I’d start this seasons thread as we’re getting close to the business end.

Tonight we’re off to this Glamour tie

Our local team – the mighty Ramsbottom United – aare taking on former Premiership Champions, now turned chicken-related basket cases (see what I did there?) Blackburn

Should be a good laugh. KFC anyone? 😀

MSP

I was just thinking of starting a new season football thread.

Did my fantasy football team this morning and was wondering how to restart the stw fantasy league.

muggomagic

My fantasy team will be chock full of Brighton players for the first (and possibly last) time ever.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Non-League or nothing! Last night the mighty Stourbridge FC of making it to the FA cup 3rd round fame (Evostick Northern Premier league) took on Birminghams U23 development squad and beat them 2-1 despite facing a completely different fresh 11 in the second half and on average being twice their age. There was much rejoicing/taking the piss.

Garry_Lager

Bolton sound like they are in some trouble – winding up order issued today by HMRC.
    Sad to see a founder member of the league in that position – didn’t their owner wipe the slate clean of debt not so long ago?

Klunk
    Free Member

Conte signed a 2yr contract extension an increase to his contract termination reimbursement.

john_drummer
    Free Member

New owner. New head coach. 10 new players and counting. Can we go one better than last season and not fall away during April?
    Too many unknowns there but if we can get another CH and a LB we might, just might, be able to improve on seventh in the EFL Championship.
    MOT WACCOE ALAW etc

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’m too old to cope with the pre season nonsense these days, so much shite written to fill the sports pages!

I’ll await the games to commence!

(Wenger Out!)

Cletus

Mourinho starting the season classy as ever. Expect a herd of giddy rags on Friday if they manage to beat City’s C team.

ElShalimo

Arnautovic to WHU for £24M
    WTAF!

scuttler

Terriers to spend up (I think they already did that) and stay up!!

mefty
    Free Member

Terriers to spend up (I think they already did that) and stay up!!

+1 , in an optimistic moment, as long as we bite a few bums I will be happy.

StirlingCrispin

Glory Hunters!
    I was at Stirling Albion’s game against Inverness CT in the Betfred Cup on Tuesday. Finished with the lowest scoring penalty shootout in Scottish football history (0-2).
    It was hilarious.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Bournemouth to get a Champions League spot

scandal42
    Free Member

Hopefully we wont disgrace ourselves as much as last season (domestically)

I fancy an assault on the European spots where we can once again shame the English ‘big clubs’ who fail miserably every season.

Leicester

PrinceJohn
    Free Member

This is the first time in my life where I have actually zero interest in the forthcoming season.
    It all just seems so far away and out of touch these days, I just can’t get excited any more

scandal42
    Free Member

I understand that feeling PrinceJohn, and if it weren’t for the time spent with the old man and tradition of pre game beers with the lads I’d probably stop going.

MSP

Rumours that Real have agreed a 160 million quid deal for Mbappé.

ransos
    Free Member

Arnautovic to WHU for £24M
    WTAF!

Arnautovic, Hart, Zabaleta and Hernandez represents the best summer business I can remember.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Hernandez

is a steal at £16m in this bloated transfer window, he’s always scoring

Rockape63
    Free Member

I think I sort of lost a bit of interest when City paid the Spuds £50 for Walker. I mean seriously….they must have soooo much cash its ridiculous. That for me has to be the most inflated price Ive ever seen….EVER!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Arnautovic, Hart, Zabaleta and Hernandez represents the best summer business I can remember.

And possibly more to come! COYI, can’t bloody wait.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Absolutely ridiculous fee for Mbappe, football is shIt*

*its not I love it

dragon
    Free Member

I think I sort of lost a bit of interest when City paid the Spuds £50 for Walker.

Better value than John Stones.

Also why have Man City also bought Danilo who apparently is a bit rubbish and Madrid are laughing at the price paid.

Prices bring paid now are mental for fairly average players and mostly subsidised by BT and Sky customers, many of which will hardly be earning more than the minimum wage.

MSP

Wow, so La Liga have thrown a hissy fit and refused to accept the Neymar buyout payment. As ridiculous as the fee is, they are embarrassing themselves.

weeksy

I’m not sure anyone is coming out of the whole Neymar situation well right now

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

New owner. New head coach. 10 new players and counting. Can we go one better than last season and not fall away during April?
    Too many unknowns there but if we can get another CH and a LB we might, just might, be able to improve on seventh in the EFL Championship.
    MOT WACCOE ALAW etc

Lots of unknowns but I can’t remember the last time we went into the start of a season generally with this much optimism. Desperately need a CB and a LB – rumour about the young left back from ManYoo coming on loan and still rumours about Pontus’ team mate Hellander. Be nice to bring in a proven goal scorer as well as backup to Wood although who knows, Ekuban might be a monster in front of goal!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think I sort of lost a bit of interest when City paid the Spuds £50 for Walker.

Come to the north east, sensible transfer deals, nothing too stunning and not flashing the cash 😈

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Wow, so La Liga have thrown a hissy fit and refused to accept the Neymar buyout payment. As ridiculous as the fee is, they are embarrassing themselves.

Are they though?

My understanding is it’s only the player who can buy himself out of a contract in Spain, not a 3rd party.

If Neymar isn’t buying himself out of the contract then by rights the deal is off.

If true, I fail to see any embarrassment.

muggomagic

Neymar has paid them €222m so he’s no longer a Barca player.

BBC sport

weeksy

Wowsers! It’s a crazy world!

muggomagic
    MSP

Are they though?

My understanding is it’s only the player who can buy himself out of a contract in Spain, not a 3rd party.

If Neymar isn’t buying himself out of the contract then by rights the deal is off.

If true, I fail to see any embarrassment.

La Liga had refused to accept the payment from Neymar’s lawyer, although they have subsequently now done so. That is how it was described on the bbc earlier anyway.

Jamie
    Free Member

La Liga had refused to accept the payment

A few greased wheels later….

blader1611
    Free Member

that neymar transfer is just bonkers and no surprise that la liga are making a mess of the financials, true to form. I guess Barca will now be linked to every player going now.

stevedoc
    Free Member

198 million for one player !!

Lets put that in context, for that kind of money a family of 5 can go to Centre Parks for 2 weeks and do all the extra activities !!

Mental

blader1611
    Free Member

Stevedoc – but you wouldnt be able to afford the bike hire charges unless Neymar sacrificed a couple of weeks wages.

Jamie
    Free Member

There we go.

Who needs rules when you’ve got 200m.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, cos it’s only them dirty foreign leagues that circumvent the rules…..

Jamie
    Free Member

Aye, cos it’s only them dirty foreign leagues that circumvent the rules…..

That is quite staggering….even for this place.

Bravo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,700 total)

The topic ‘Soccerball – 2017/18 jumpers for goalposts megathread’ is closed to new replies.