Home Forums Chat Forum Rugby world cup

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • anagallis_arvensis

I would assume a penalty to Dragons for Munsterman not releasing the player, or ‘playing’ the tackled player, ie moving him and not allowing him to place ball?

If as you say the tackle was finished the tackler should release completely before going back in. Some SH teams were standing up and clapping after the tackle for a time.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bumping on…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lewis Moody ruled out of England’s opener.

BBC Story

duckman

Should completley release the tackled player,and get to feet. Once on feet if ruck not formed he can pick up the ball. If the tackled player tries to stop him;penalty. I always call “ruck no hands” once I have deemed it to have been formed.At this point the initial tackler/3rd man in is supposed to release the ball (aye right!)

anagallis_arvensis

Bring it on!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Might have to delay our ride plans on Sunday for the Wales game…! 🙂 Especially as I shall be in the Land of My Fathers…! 😉

monkey_boy
    Free Member

im in bits already and wales aint playing till sunday morning…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

…my fathers…

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, Darcy, as my father was born and raised in Wales, as was his father and his father, etc, yeah, i’d call it that 🙂

How’s the craic in Brizzle? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I know flashy, that’s what I was laughing at. 😉

Only teasing.

Craic’s eighty nine in Brizzle but it was ninety in the Isle of Man.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I loves rugby, I does! You can only get this quality of banter with rugby! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

jesus christ just watched the opening game, **** me what shit comentators, the current match on the scrum v red button thing has better comentary and they arent even watching the game. Gommersal was a shit scrum half and is a even worse comentator and I had no **** idea who the other bloke was but he was about as entusiastic as a wet fish.

at least Sonny Bill took his shirt off, makes up for a lack of gavin 😆

DezB
    Free Member

I dunno, people moan if commentators are too enthusiastic, too quiet, too loud, too opinioated, not opinionated enough…blah blah… I thought they were ok, just let me concentrate on the game without really noticing them.
    That sonny-bill is hot though eh?

NZCol

I was installed on the sofa with wife plus friend. Palpably hotter in the room when his top came off.

wrecker
    Free Member

Blah blah commentators blah. Turn the **** sound down then princess.
    Jesus, be grateful the tournaments not on sky. Moaning ****.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

@duckman, @IdleJon, @a_a…just a question about a part of the breakdown which confusses me 😳

When there’s a ruck, sometimes you see a player from the defending side standing up and dragging the jerseys of one or two players that are at the top of the “pile-up”. There then follows a bit of bitch-slapping, sometimes the defending team’s player will then lob his foot into the ruck, or the two lads with their jersey being pulled will go back down again. There’s usually a bit of gesticulating at the referee by the defending team (eg. Paul O’Connell 😛 ).

What’s going on here?

hels
    Free Member

Sonny Bill took his shirt off ? I might bother watching the 2nd half of the ABs game now, sounds worthwhile use of time.

IdleJon
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

@duckman
    , @IdleJon, @a_a…just a question about a part of the breakdown which confusses me

When there’s a ruck, sometimes you see a player from the defending side standing up and dragging the jerseys of one or two players that are at the top of the “pile-up”. There then follows a bit of bitch-slapping, sometimes the defending team’s player will then lob his foot into the ruck, or the two lads with their jersey being pulled will go back down again. There’s usually a bit of gesticulating at the referee by the defending team (eg. Paul O’Connell ).

What’s going on here?

Probably means you aren’t watching the right sport. Take up tenniswatchery, it’s simpler! 😆 Oh, and red card against Ireland even if they aren’t playing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bugger off ya bollix. It was a serious question!! *kiss*

Pigface
    Free Member

Damn the Japenese were entertaining 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

¡Vamos chicos!!!

IdleJon
    Free Member

wrecker – Member

I caught soem of the Japan – France game before work this morning and was soooo relieved when the commentators informed me of the English involvement (the touch judge). I was concerned that I hadn’t heard any mention of England for at least 20 minutes.

But honestly, the Welsh commentary on S4C is far better and I don’t even speak Welsh.

IdleJon
    Free Member

I may need to be IdleJuan for the rest of the day. And I’m hoping that work isn’t busy for the next 2 hours….

duckman

Defending team spoiling, dd. Dunno why people do it because ref is never going to give a penalty against the guy with his jumper over his head,and you are just making your own side of the ruck a mess.It’s like the guys who take a huge step over a body into the ruck when it is formed,making themselves a target and they will be the last man out.Rush of blood to head maybe?

anagallis_arvensis

wrecker – Member

Am I allowed to say **** of ****?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers duckman. Just wondering. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus, this is poor kicking from Sexton. 2 from 6!!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Jesus, this is poor kicking from Sexton. 2 from 6!!

Is it the new ball?

Another in the long list of great Irish RWC performances 😕

duckman

Don’t think any of us have bragging rights just now(sorry A-A,jumping the gun). Personally I could do with watching a decent free flowing game as I stood on a pitch yesterday while at least 20 players went at it hammer and tongs for 5 mins resulting in both police and ambulance visiting a leafy Edinburgh suburb, all in front of my refs coach.

anagallis_arvensis

arse

duckman

What a game. Cheer up A-A,EASILY best of the home nations openers.

anagallis_arvensis

Lawes no cited and Hask rowing back on accusations of gouging, a conicidence?

Pissed off about Wales, so near and never cross the finish line in recent years.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unlucky Wales. Fantastic game to watch.

Ireland weren’t that bad FFS. It was a 22-3 game until a wild pass in an effort to go for a bonus point went astray. The only (major) worry for me was how dire Sexton was. They were certainly a lot better than any of the warm-up games. And a lot better than anything in 2007.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The USA are a pretty poor side though so it doesn’t bode well for Ireland unless they improve.

I thought Wales were great – if only they’d had Stephen Jones they’d surely have won. James Hook looks about as solid at full back as Iain Balshaw……

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A “poor” side coached by the guy who knows the green machine better than anyone else outside the Irish camp. Anyway, job done. No major injuries. Mr Can’t-Tackle is still the more dependable fly-half. Basically, we’re **** anyway. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and a quick vote for discussing the games here on this thread as they happen. Works perfectly well for the 6N when it’s on.

anagallis_arvensis

– if only they’d had Stephen Jones they’d surely have won. James Hook looks about as solid at full back as Iain Balshaw……

I cant help but think that if Wales had been able to bring on the two injured Jones’ with 15 to go things could have been different. And whilst Hook aint great at 15 he’s not that bad, shame Byrne has been so rubbish recently.
    Intrested pice in the observer today by Dean Ryan on Englands woes, breakdown pens given away due to the extra pressure put on all by playing the Hask at 7 meant England were pinged off the park.

Scamper
    Free Member

Good piece in the Times today by Barnes as to why Wales were right to have picked Hook at fullback in this game.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.