Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • anagallis_arvensis

Saunter off and warm up in their own 22, perhaps

Campese used to do it all the time, there was also a game where the All Blacks chased the opposition into there own 22 to do the Haka right in front of the, cant remeber who it was now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Resulted in the vile Leicester coach being knocked out out side a night club

Yeah of course it did.

rusty90
    Free Member

Remember Wales’s response in 2008, just staring back at them and not moving when it finished ?
    And Graham Henry’s reaction ?

The Haka is a war dance. If you’re going to stand there like that then in the past people would have charged, but it’s a rugby match and you can’t do that.
    People back home will have been hurt by what they decided to do. Standing in the way like they did is asking for a fight.

Er, unlike a war dance, which obviously isn’t asking for a fight in any way whatsoever.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rusty90
    Free Member

Glitchbump

anagallis_arvensis

bump

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FumpetyBuck!

Pigface
    Free Member

dumbbumpyfuckerypokery

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

4600….it’s getting worse! 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

hello?

anagallis_arvensis

Dont upset the Moari elders people…

“he threw some grass, he threw some grass, spear him now”

“OK” says Kevin and Tana

Pigface
    Free Member

Wrecker go look it up.

Stuey01
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Saunter off and warm up in their own 22, perhaps

exactly what campese and others used to do and IMO the best response

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker go look it up.

I have. Handbags and a black eye are recorded but no mention of anyone being knocked out.

Pigface
    Free Member

Agreed I cant find any version of him being knocked out but I am pretty sure I read it some where. Maybe it is a bit of folklore.

Colin Jones was meant to have flattened one of the Moriarty brothers in Swansea over something as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

Love a bit of gossip. I heard a rumour that Calzhagi banged out Powell in Cardiff once. It’s highly likely to be bollocks though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It would be hard to tell if Powell had just been knocked out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It would be hard to tell if Powell had just been knocked out.

😆

anagallis_arvensis

Powell certainly got the shit kicked out of him by some football fans a while back.

IdleJon

namastebuzz – Member
    It’s been a great thread.

Probably time to lock it eh?

Move on to the next 6N where:

IS there no rugby between now and then? 😉

wrecker – Member
    Love a bit of gossip. I heard a rumour that Calzhagi banged out Powell in Cardiff once. It’s highly likely to be bollocks though.

I think that this is probably referring to Mike Phillips in Chip Alley, Cardiff, banging on about how he could beat Calzaghe in the ring, not realising that the old guy behind him was the boxer’s father. Result, Phillips knocked down by an old man…

Gossip, of course, but pretty believable. (And it may have been Maccarinelli not Calzaghe. And it may never have happened. :?:)

anagallis_arvensis

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IS there no rugby between now and then?

🙂

Hydrogen Cup starts in a couple of weeks. Woo!

My boys are in a fairly tough group – Castres, Northampton with Scarlets. We haven’t had an “easy” side in bloody ages! A great competition that flanks either side of the 6N. Who knows, a Welsh or Scottish side might make the QFs which would be a remarkable success. Can Wales step up and send a team through to the knock out stages? After all, they’re the fourth best side in the world at the moment. Some (roughly as many people that inhabit a country the size of Wales) even reckon they may be at least the second best in the world, and but for a few missed kicks and a Irish refereeing conspiracy are possibly the best.

NZCol

I physically touched Beaver and the William Web Ellis Trophy today. Quite exciting.

trailmonkey

I physically touched Beaver

congratulations. i naturally assumed that you rugger types had no interest.

Stuey01
    Free Member

So according to L’equipe Dusautoir was the best 7 in the tournament, despite being a 6 and the French playing Bonnaire at 7 all tournament.
    L’equipe shoe-horning in their main man, whilst accepting that Kaino had a stormer and had to be the top number 6.

anagallis_arvensis

After all, they’re the fourth best side in the world at the moment

Not according to the IRB there not.
    Cant see any of the Welsh teams doing well TBH, Scarlets have no front five, Ospreys have lost Phillips, Hook, Byrne and Adam Jones is broken those are huge boots to fill, they also as usual have an extremely tough draw. Blues have a decent team if they all stay fit but they lack a decent 10, cant see Henson filling that hole mind you: 9. Rees/Willimas 10. Henson, 11 James, 12 Roberts, 13 Laulala, 14 1/2p, 15 Blair looks good on paper 😆

anagallis_arvensis

So according to L’equipe Dusautoir was the best 7 in the tournament, despite being a 6 and the French playing Bonnaire at 7 all tournament.

French eh!! Next we’ll have Burger as the best 7!!

duckman

Blues have a decent team if they all stay fit but they lack a decent 10,

What,is Parks injured?

anagallis_arvensis

No, he’s shit, Ceri Sweeney is better and he’s shit

mikey3
    Free Member

Could someone who knows about these things explain how wales have dropped 2 places in the ranking while ireland have gone up one? guess its because they beat the aussies?

thegreatape
    Free Member

So according to L’equipe Dusautoir was the best 7 in the tournament, despite being a 6 and the French playing Bonnaire at 7 all tournament

The French don’t really differentiate between 6 and 7. They often just go for two balanced flankers. The way he plays Dusautoir is hardly out of place on the openside.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Powell certainly got the shit kicked out of him by some football fans a while back.

ACTUALLY…

from a reliable source i might add.

footie fans kept on at him, he was calm and collected, and decided to leave the pub. on the way out they shouted severe abuse, he took about 3 guys out then one lad smashed a bar stool over his head.

top bloke but dull as a box of frogs

anagallis_arvensis

Yes, doesnt that count as having the shit kicked out of him? There was video footage around at the time, not sure about having taken out three first, the video doesnt show that, just shows him being decked then smacked with a bar stool whilst he was on the floor as I recall. Seem to remeber some Wasp england player was with him at the time too.

hels
    Free Member

Yes, England players do seem to want to bring a Football sensitivity to the game.

Although having said that, quite a few of the Hurricanes players have I believe seen the inside of the Police cells of a weekend.

wrecker
    Free Member

Yes, England players do seem to want to bring a Football sensitivity to the game.

What a stupid statement.

hels
    Free Member

Sorry was trying to avoid calling them a bunch of ignorant thugs, but of course my mistake, that is the fans not the players. Will be less diplomatic next time (just when you though this thread was dead).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Why would Andy Powell want to play for England? 😕

wrecker
    Free Member

I’ve got it, you’re a stupid comment bot. Shame your mum didn’t teach you any manners.

anagallis_arvensis

Seem to remeber some Wasp england player was with him at the time too.

Tim Payne, that was the useless tub of lard…. now what are you lot arguing about now I cant make head or tail of it but would like to join in.

Andy Powell is better than Nick Eater :mrgreen:

Viewing 40 posts - 4,601 through 4,640 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.