Viewing 40 posts - 4,641 through 4,680 (of 4,700 total)
  • Rugby world cup
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Well Wrecker the england players hardly covered themselves in glory both on and off the pitch.

What amazed me was they couldnt actually see the car wreck that was going on around them, when Cueto was interviewd he just blamed the press.

anagallis_arvensis

bump

anagallis_arvensis

bump

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BUMPERCARBUMP!

Pigface
    Free Member

glitchytitwank

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BUMDAFUKUPBEEEEEATCH!

Pigface
    Free Member

grrrrrrrrrrrr

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

GLITCHORAMA!

Pigface
    Free Member

bump

wrecker
    Free Member

Well Wrecker the england players hardly covered themselves in glory both on and off the pitch.

Not the first though are they?
    And lets be honest, what they did was fairly minor in the scheme of things. I’m not making excuses, I just see most of it as a bit of a non event. Jumping off the boat was a bit daft, but a bit of drinking, a comment and a bloke getting kissed on the top of his head isn’t in the same league as scrapping or drink driving is it?
    How many rugby players have been arrested on tour? I have.
    On the pitch, yes they’re in turmoil. I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do. Oh well, it was a good tournament and the best team won in the end.

anagallis_arvensis

On the pitch, yes they’re in turmoil. I couldn’t figure out what they were trying to do.

Sums up england pretty well, Scotland despite having an extremely limited gameplan at least had one. Had england done better on the pitch the off pitch stuff may have been of less intrest.

a bloke getting kissed on the top of his head isn’t in the same league as scrapping or drink driving is it?

2 out of three for HRH Tindall then, although lets not forget he’s been done for drink drving twice 😆

wrecker
    Free Member

And he still made more headlines for getting kissed on the top of the head. 😕

anagallis_arvensis

To be fair it was just a few weeks after he married into the royal family. Dance with the devil and your gonna get burnt

thegreatape
    Free Member

Apparently, some Welsh chap got a red card in one of the games. I’m surprised it hasn’t been discussed yet.

Sam Warburton on Sam Warburton

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL @ greatape!

hels
    Free Member

It’s his parents I feel sorry for, they got a last minute flight to go and see the game, there was a piece on the BBC news showing them heading to the airport. I shudder to think what the tickets cost !

To watch their beloved get sent off after 10 minutes. Not exactly the trip of a lifetime, hoped the enjoyed the scenery and the boiling mud, threw themselves off some bridges etc.

DezB
    Free Member

Wales captain Sam Warburton had a stark reminder of the darkest moment in his short rugby career when he was forced to sit next to Vincent Clerc on his departing flight from New Zealand after the Rugby World Cup.

Funny – http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10763884

zokes
    Free Member

Now that is quite amusing!

Scamper
    Free Member

And meanwhile back home the RFU remains a laughing stock. The independant review is cancelled allowing Squeaky Andrew to carry out yet another one of his Reviews, while somehow managing to increase his power base. Staggering.

anagallis_arvensis

hey Zokes:

and just to rub salt into old wounds:

Wales’ James Hook kicked a long-range drop goal and two conversions as he starred on his fly-half debut for Perpignan at Toulouse.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

f*ck all the above, bloody rain in Newport friday night!!!

gutted! had a quick chat with mr roberts and mr brew though, think they were a bit p*ssed off aswell!

“Wales’ James Hook kicked a long-range drop goal and two conversions as he starred on his fly-half debut for Perpignan at Toulouse. “

amazing what a change of shirt can do eh!

Pigface
    Free Member

If you think the Ospreys Scarlets draw was a bit dull check out Swansea Neath result 😯

Leicester Not nots was a draw as well.

Amazed there was so much rain at Rodney Parade.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

33-33!

A Gravell on the score sheet as well. Related to Ray, I assume. Must hurt to be playing in that shirt, rather than a red one….! 🙂

IdleJon

CFH, there are a huge number of Gravells living in west Wales.

I worked with two who were unrelated to each other (that they knew anyway) and apparently unrelated to Ray.

Thinking about it, John Gravell had a son who was a handy rugby player but I can’t remember his first name.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, knew there were many, but seemed more likely given the rugby! A bit like being a Quinnell!

IdleJon

A bit like being a Quinnell!

I’ve not come across many Quinnells but…..

I worked in the creamery lab in Whitland just before it closed down in 94. One morning I answered the phone:

Me: Hello, Jon speaking.
    Caller: Morning Jon, Derek here. Derek Quinnell.
    Me, looooong pause : My hero!

His firm supplied cleaning chemicals iirc.

Also my wife claims that one if his sons dated her sister and unfortunately for her my wife has seen a hairy Quinnell backside in the wrong sort of action.

ocrider

Wales’ James Hook kicked a long-range drop goal and two conversions as he starred on his fly-half debut for Perpignan at Toulouse.

And still lost by 4 points. USAP catching heroic loseritis?

Pigface
    Free Member

So is this the end of BOD, 6 months at his age is a very long time.

Heineken Cup this weekend so off the see the Ospreys play some french chappies 😀

IdleJon

Are you in Swansea yet then Pigface?

Pigface
    Free Member

Aye now resident in the ugly lovely town 🙂

IdleJon

Been exploring on the bike? (And what do you ride, so that I can abuse you if I see you on Kilvey….. 😀 )

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes but not on an MTB just using the Thorn to go along the front and to commute on. Got a Pugsly on order so will be hitting the bay when it arrives.

Pigface
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, Edwards is sniffing around the poison chalice, I see.

Pigface
    Free Member

Would the Jackets at HQ take a northern oik who never played the game?

IdleJon

Pigface, I’ll throw poo at any Surlys I see then! 😉

Don’t forget to join us on our Thursday night rambles: http://www.mtbpigs.co.uk

Pigface
    Free Member

Thursday is badminton night 😳

IdleJon

Actually I’m never going to see a rider on a Surly and shout, “Oi Pigface” I suppose…..

It’s worth checking out the MTBPigs forum because there is always someone riding somewhere during the week.

Where did you end up living? (If that’s not giving too much away?)

ocrider

So is this the end of BOD, 6 months at his age is a very long time.

Was thinking the same thing.

Off to see les Cistes play some West Brits on Saturday afternoon!

Viewing 40 posts - 4,641 through 4,680 (of 4,700 total)

The topic ‘Rugby world cup’ is closed to new replies.