Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,902 total)
  • Rugby 2021-2022 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

desperatebicycle

Dimbrandt

WTF?

tjagain

I shall watch that later AA but my moment was when Montoya stole the ball towards the end of the game against the all blacks – he knew that had won them a victory and the expression and body language is fabulous

tjagain

Matera not Montoya!  doh!

duckman

Did anyone?

given the fog 🙂

Could we just leave it now? 2 tickets and feeding a 6″5″ lump of a son who complains he is starving to death since he went to Uni. Oh; and I was driving.

gordimhor

1872 cup match off due to covid outbreak in the Glasgow squad

tjagain

Ruddy soapdodgers!

Quins / saints a cracker of a game

gordimhor

Ooh Soapdodgers is it. I’m an Honest Man but I’d rather be a Weegie than an Edinbourgeois

tjagain

🙂  Its the Edinburgh MFLs to you.

(Metrosexual festival luvvies )

duckman

Edinburgh; the world’s largest Georgain theme park.

tjagain

I’m an Honest Man

Frae the honest toon?

gordimhor

Frae the toun wham ne’er a toun surpasses

duckman

Leicester named as the club being investigated for breaches of the salary cap. Apparently it is over payments made to players over image rights, just like Salaries; sorry Saracens.

ads678

Leicester named as the club being investigated for breaches of the salary cap. Apparently it is over payments made to players over image rights, just like Salaries; sorry Saracens.

Not quite the same as Sarries, hopefully*, doesn’t seem to be on the same scale and not for the same amount of time. Seems to be that a few overseas players had a third party contract with an image rights management company, but it’s not obvious who set this up. If the player set it up with the company and Tigers were not feeding money in theres no problem, even if Tigers reccomended it to them. If Tigers were paying into this third party contract then there is an issue.

Good twitter thread pulling all the avaiable info together, although could be a load of rubbish as it’s supposed to be confidential!!

https://twitter.com/rollingmaulpod/stat … 5nluw&s=19

*I am a Tigers fan, so hope it’s not a major thing, but if it’s found we’ve done something dodgy then we deserve to be punished appropriatley. It is kind of funny though that we have been complete shit during that period!

tjagain

Edinburgh give Cardiff a doing and go top of the table!  WTF?

anagallis_arvensis

Was a good watch. Cardiff looked like a team who had been stuck in hotel rooms for two weeks though. Williams, Evans and Jenkins improved them when they came on

anagallis_arvensis

Ospreys v Glasgow on S4c next.

tjagain

Hard game to call – and a fairly critical one for both

Glasgow by 6

tjagain

Edinburgh game – is Frank Murphy the worst ref around?  This time his mistakes generally favoured us apart from allowing Cardiff players to continually try to rip heads off.  Bradbury even had to tell him he knocked on not scored!

duckman

Cheers AA!

anagallis_arvensis

Edinburgh game – is Frank Murphy the worst ref around?

My favourite was when he said Cardiff had knocked on despite Edinburgh having the ball.. mystifying…

anagallis_arvensis

Hard game to call – and a fairly critical one for both

Can’t see Ospreys winning

tjagain

Glass half empty again?

Mind you a good try takes glasgow into a comfy lead

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Edinburgh and Glasgow – nice! 😀

Cracking win for Munster, down to 14 men from 14 mins and turning it around in the second half to beat Ulster 18-13.

onehundredthidiot

Will the sco v eng game have any starting front rows? Sutherland red, Hepburn red, genge htf not a red but angry genge is back so it’s coming. Marker injury?

tjagain

Scotland have a bit of depth in the front row now so I am not too concerned.  Both Glasgow and Edinburgh Scrums have been going well.
    Scotland squad has 3 more looseheads in it all of whom have been playing well but 2 injuries and then we are struggling

Its a while since we had to go scrabbling around for a semi pro prop

anagallis_arvensis

Scotland have a bit of depth in the front row now

South Africa C, you mean!!

duckman

Still better than developing front row players for England though.

anagallis_arvensis

Still better than developing front row players for England though.

You lot are no fun anymore!!

tjagain

Na – we nicked their best players 🙂  nellie the scrumiphant and Shooooooooooo  Both are really dutch anyway

duckman

You know what AA; when you go into the brothers bio’s it lists the Welsh club they played for. The club’s website lists them in their capped player lists; truly the two that got away! How on earth didn’t they get grabbed by the WRU?

Still; two massive island boys who’s dad is a capped professional rugby player; easy to see how they slipped through the net!

anagallis_arvensis

How on earth didn’t they get grabbed by the WRU?

God knows. Vunipola the younger got a scholarship to some posh school…I guess it comes down to money, combined with a bit of typical Welsh ineptness. Imagine Wales having had Warburton at 7, Faletau 6 and Billy at 8, that would have been awesome!

duckman

It happens though, it has been NZ and OZ’s policy for years. They actively pursue promising kids from the Islands with scholarships and who wouldn’t make that choice for your children; especially if you are living in some of the grinding poverty you see in the Poly Islands ( drum roll) and Wales.( boom tish!)

On a serious note about qualified imports, I don’t understand why you guys aren’t doing it. We followed the lead of the Irish and the only guys not doing it are England who have such a player pool they don’t really have to with the odd exception such as Hughes and sorry England supporters…Teo. Hadley Parks is the only one off the top of my head for Wales.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Imported players do not bother me. There have to be some rules, and there will always be people who show up the rules, no matter where the line lies. I mean we are talking about a kind of verified nationalism, whis is as we all know is pointless. Any of us could claim heritage or allegience anywhere. TJ is a plastique, my family are all Irish, but I was born here.
    How many of the rest of you can claim true, emerged from the soil, type heritage?

Meanwhile does Hepburn have to think over biscuit options?
    As a neutral I kinda felt sorry for him as these things happen so fast, I am sure he did not intend it, its just ended up that way.

Bear
    Free Member

AA with that back row you’ll have to play Tipuric in the centres then

tjagain

TJ is a plastique, my family are all Irish, but I was born here.
    How many of the rest of you can claim true, emerged from the soil, type heritage?

Oh dear blood and soil nationalism what an outdated concept 🙂  where do you live?  yer about as Irish as all those americans who claim to be irish 🙂

tjagain

I actually think the qualification rules have been too slack – they re supposed to be being tightened.

I loath the mercenarys who show no loyalty to the country but its so hard to tell before they end their careers.  For every Sean Lineen who made the country their home and became a scot there is a Putney or Leslie who effs off home again as soon as they are dropped.  I would like imports to have to take out nationality and get a passport

Still – we are not as slack as athletics – there are people who have represented 3 countries at olympics

tjagain

England does poach players as well – they have had loads of imports over the years and still do.  tuilagi, vunipola, Hughes and so do Wales!

5plusn8
    Free Member

where do you live? yer about as Irish as all those americans who claim to be irish

Well exactly, I support England, I was born here. I don’t claim to be irish, my folks are though.

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,902 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.