Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,902 total)
  • Rugby 2021-2022 Season
  • anagallis_arvensis

Great win for Ireland!!!!

tjagain

Wow. Not just scraping the win either.

POMis a love to hate player. Fabulous player and a real warrior. Did he wind the all blacks up into getting cards?

5plusn8
    Free Member

How come Genge did not get sent off? Surely that was a red?

desperatebicycle

Long arms of the Lawes… my fave accidental pun! 😀

anagallis_arvensis

How come Genge did not get sent off? Surely that was a red?

At the very least a yellow,mind boggling how he got away with it.

desperatebicycle

Phew that was tense. Despite being ahead all the time, seemed like it could turn at any point during that second half. Good win. Nice to see England actually playing some good rugby

anagallis_arvensis

AWJ binned for hands in the ruck and he was about 2m from ball, awful decision

anagallis_arvensis

first ever Wales win SA

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There’s got to be some kind of first in here somewhere. Australia, NZ and SA all losing at home to NH teams on the same day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

first ever Wales win SA

It should be the second after last week’s debacle. Cracking results for Ireland and Wales today.

gauss1777
    Free Member

France #1 and Ireland #2 in the World rankings 😀

tjagain

Just Scotland to play. Poor selection again so not much chance

Kryton57

It should be the second after last week’s debacle. Cracking results for Ireland and Wales today.

And England.

anagallis_arvensis

AWJ yellow for hands in the ruck, pretty sure it wasn’t for a deliberate knock, either way wtf?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And England.

Nah, not really. It’s only Australia.

France #1 and Ireland #2 in the World rankings

Only picking up from the42.ie’s rugby man, but he tweeted that Ireland only needed one more point to go #1. Not sure if correct, and whether that was before NZ scored at the end.

Somebody had fired the full game up on YouTube (gone now) so I got a chance to see it. That first half was as ill disciplined a 40 minutes of rugby that I’ve seen NZ play. They just lost it. Felt they were lucky to just have the one red card.

Peter O Mahony’s funt in the second half that turned out to be a 50:22 was just the cream on the top of what was an extraordinary display by him today. Combative. Turning possession over. In their faces. Just love him.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Only picking up from the42.ie’s rugby man, but he tweeted that Ireland only needed one more point to go #1. Not sure if correct, and whether that was before NZ scored at the end.

I just had a mess around on the World rugby rankings calculator site, it appears Ireland would have needed to score another 5 points (ie 28 points). Gotta be happy with 2nd for now though eh 😀. Save #1 for after the next match.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gotta be happy with 2nd for now though eh

On a day with an away win in NZ, something I thought I’d never see, I couldn’t give a shite about the rankings. 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Great win in Bloemfontein, really chuffed with that, lots of injuries though, Ireland really good exposing just what bad losers Kiwis are 😂

olddog

The week I don’t watch the rugby…

tjagain

Large steaming pile of mince from Scotland. When will the SRUaccept Townsend is not up to the job?

duckman

Dunno, when we stop pumping teams away from home?

gauss1777
    Free Member

Well, well, well, congratulations Scotland. 4 turnaround from last week, who’d have predicted that!?!

tjagain

Second half was better but did you see a sigle first or second phase move work? How many lineouts went astray? The backs looked like the met in the carpark before the game. A couple of individual bits of good play won us the game.

We have gone progressively back inder Townsend

5plusn8
    Free Member

Great wins by Wales and Scotland too. Good day yesterday. Of the 4 sides I give Ireland the most. As DD said POM was incredible, Aki was like a rhino riding a lazer beam, Porter gave his lifetime best. Ringrose and Henshaw were ruling the midfield, all in a top perfomance.

duckman
    Dunno, when we stop pumping teams away from home?

Exactly, I can’t see what there is to complain about. All clicked in that game. V good.

England not as bad as everyone says, I’m hopeful..

Kryton57

England not as bad as everyone says, I’m hopeful..

Still no midfield threat.

tjagain

Exactly, I can’t see what there is to complain about. All clicked in that game. V good.

2 tries from centres cutting angles off 9 from close range. Argentina cocked up 3 good chances. Lineouts a sham les. Restarts a shambles. Not one backs move of more than one pass worked.

Players out of position all over the team

Playing as we are we will not get out of our group in the WC

It s obvious the players dont buy into what Townsend wants them to do.

desperatebicycle

Oh my, Sky Mix channel repeat of the SA Wales 2nd test. One of the worst games I’ve seen in recent memory (that doesn’t involve England 😂), 10 mins into the second half and it’s still not got going. Couple of mins ago… George North’s name said for the first time! He’s been on since the start?! Dismal. Still, Wales go on to win? 👍

anagallis_arvensis

Oh my, Sky Mix channel repeat of the SA Wales 2nd test. One of the worst games I’ve seen in recent memory

Yep, and I thought the first test was shit but this one was worse…try was nice though..

desperatebicycle

Yeah! 77minute wasn’t it!? And the kick from Anscombe, legend 🙂

duckman

Still no midfield threat.

In all fairness, you haven’t for years.I thought that was why Jones had picked 3 guys good at cutting in from the wings to keep the OZ backs honest in the first test. Some pack though!

anagallis_arvensis

Some pack though!

Would love to see Johnny hair puller Hill try that shit with Etzebeth!!

5plusn8
    Free Member

Can I just apologise for that again? No true England fan has time for that bullshit.

anagallis_arvensis

You don’t need to apologise!! Every team has players who do stupid shit everyone in a while!

In other news, so long and thanks for all the fish.

It’s difficult to know where to start when it comes to thanking those who’ve influenced and helped my career. There are too many to mention, but in time, I hope I get the opportunity to share a glass and thank you all individually.

“To my parents Jackie and Norman; taking me to my first rugby session as a six year old lit a fire in me that would eventually inspire me to achieve in the sport. Your support has been unwavering and for that I’m forever grateful. Throughout my youth, my school teachers and age grade coaches were a huge inspiration. Thank you for being my mentors and your commitment to nurturing my talent.

“Much hard work is done beyond the players on the field; from coaches to kitmen, referees to touch judges, S&C to medical staff, chefs to analysts, boardroom staff to groundstaff. There are countless others. So many wonderful people and characters across all the environments I’ve been fortunate to be involved in. I thank you all.

“To those in the media, thanks for the praise as well as the critique. As a professional sportsman, the scrutiny that accompanies life in the public eye can bring significant pressure at times. I thank you all for being respectful through good and difficult times.

“To the most important people in our sport, the supporters. I can’t thank you enough for the love and kindness down the years. From beers in the bar after a game, a selfie in the street, or a conversation in the supermarket, the relationship with the supporters is one I have cherished my whole career and I hope will continue well past my playing days.

“I value dearly the opportunity the sport has given me to travel the world and expand my horizons beyond Wales, whether through touring or moving club. Taking those strides to challenge myself outside my comfort zone, although daunting, provided the pressures I craved.

“Those pressures to challenge myself beyond the game also permeated to the lecture theatres and hospital wards. A sincere thanks to the staff at Cardiff University, UWIC, Loughborough University and lastly Cambridge University, where achieving a Blue ranks among my proudest moments. Thanks for your support and understanding while I pursued success on and off the field.

“I’m extremely grateful my club career has spanned five countries and allowed me to experience several tight-knit club families, as well as enjoy a wonderful lifestyle in some of the worlds best cities outside of Wales; namely Paris, London, Bath, Cape Town and Sydney. The playing experiences at each club were unique in their own way and I’m delighted that each environment provided opportunity to learn, improve and challenge myself; from my first game for Cardiff until my last for the Waratahs 16 years later.

“Representing my country was always a childhood dream. I’m fortunate it became reality. It meant the world to me and forever will. I’ll also never forget the immense pride of captaining my country.

“Singing the anthem had the same impact whether at home in Cardiff, away at some of the most iconic stadiums in world rugby, or during two World Cups. I’ll remember fondly reaching the pinnacle of representative rugby and touring twice with the British & Irish Lions.

“The joys and despair I experienced on both tours amounted to nothing short of experiences of a lifetime. The rugby experience with the Barbarians, culminating in victory against the All Blacks, also ranks high amongst my favourite weeks in rugby.

“My experiences in the game have indeed taken me to immeasurable highs, as well as desperate lows, eliciting every emotion possible along the way. Above all, the game has provided a sense of belonging, friendship and healthy competition. There’s no doubt I’ll stay with the sport past retirement. Whilst I figure everything out, that will be predominantly in a broadcasting capacity.

“I’ll miss the changing room, the matchday buzz and the aches and pains. I guess most of all I’ll miss the lads. I’ve had the privilege of playing alongside and against many of the modern day greats; not just great players but great men. I’ll forever appreciate being able to rub shoulders with some brilliant guys that I’ve learnt a huge amount from. To all those I’ve been fortunate to share the field with, it was a pleasure. For a short while, we have the best job in the world. Never forget it.

“I finish with some incredible memories and a heart full. I’m proud to finish knowing I found my calling at number 12. That battle on the advantage line defined me on and off the field. Time to spend some quality time with Nicole and our two wonderful children Tom and Elodie. Signing off from (across) the gainline. JR (Doc).”

tjagain

I just watched the Ireland game. Lessons there for Towsend and Jones because virtually no shithousery, nothing too complicated just a settled side with a simple gameplan that suits them and precision in execution with players actuallyin the right positions. Error count seemed really low. Sexytoes had a great game i thought. Nothing over complicated but took the right options. Brick wall defense. Really fast ruck speed

Fabulous win by Ireland and well deserved.

gauss1777
    Free Member

C’mon Ireland!

gauss1777
    Free Member

I fear I am missing a great game here. Having to follow via Guardian minute-by-minute

pk13

Anyone seen the NZ defense?

tjagain

Wow

Im watching it on the ferry

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Great stuff from Ireland – they’re out All Blacking the All Blacks!

Kryton57

This is amazing. To echo TJ, Ireland showing everyone how to win Rugby with 15 players, very exciting.

I fear a massive come down for me in 2 hours though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,801 through 1,840 (of 1,902 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.