Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,902 total)
  • Rugby 2021-2022 Season
  • Kryton57

Farrell is in yes. Not a surprise, this is the Jones / Farrell era after all.

If itoje has to wait another 2.5yrs for a Captaincy i reckon thats holding him back, i only think Jones will allow that if Farrell is off the field and Itoje proves its not a distraction to his game.

Best “other” player for me is o’Driscoll. Probably the best centre of the recent era, we havent really seen much better although SA are on the verge with a couple.

duckman

Favourite non-Scottish player is Itoje, despite playing in the Championship he was fantastic against the Saffers.He has also cut out the bell-endery that got him a broken nose against Glasgow. By the way; good luck to all the Englandshire supporters with Cockers in situ. The story is that he would invite senior players at Edinburgh who attempted to give input out to the car park. With apologies to TJ, Embra needed a bit of steel when he took over but maybe not THAT strong an approach!

tjagain

I think thats a fair enough summary on cockers – he was what we needed at the time but seemed to have taken the team as far as he could

I would have given him another year tho as last year was just a disaster for the scots teams with more than half the season played with less than half a squad

chrispoffer

So I knocked BT Sport off at the end of last season. It was fantastic coverage of the Premiership, they showed every single game, every weekend which was especially good considering we couldn’t go and watch.

They’ve now gone back to business as usual and are just showing selected games. No problem thought I, I’ll save my £25 a month and watch the excellent CH5 weekly roundup. Which has disappeared!

It’s now on https://www.premiershiprugby.com/prtv/ . Flatman’s still on it and they do show games after transmission free to air too. It’s quite smooth to watch via XBox on yer big telly too just in case anyone else was missing out and doesn’t want to watch on your laptop……

Try of the week is worth a watch too, there were some crackers in the first round.

tjagain

Oh no

the Mish has cut off his mullet!

Will he ever be the same player again?

anagallis_arvensis

One match into the Welsh rugby season and we already have an outside half injury crisis. WRU money grabbers are playing NZ outside the window so Biggar and Sheedy can’t play. Jarrod Evans injured last night along with Priestland… That leaves Anscombe who has played 20mins in two years and….erm…..hang on….. Sam Davies and Stephen Myler,,,oh hang on he’s not Welsh, OK CAI Evans….he’s shit…

tjagain

We appear to be seeing a new Edinburgh – one that can attack! Ok its only halftime…………….

anagallis_arvensis

Disappointing lack of a lineout in last 10mins for Scarlets, was exciting though!!

tjagain

The opening weekend of the Pro 24 URC has produced some cracking games. Scarlets / Edinburgh was a beauty

anagallis_arvensis

Nice to be able to watch the games too

tjagain

I have always watched them all. I have a special VIP box 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Yes I have watched too, it’s nice to do it legally and more reliably!!

BruceWee

Sorry for a link to the Sun but…

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/16253034/exeter-chiefs-tony-rowe-native-american/amp/

When the **** Sun is trying to tell you to be less racist maybe you should have a long hard look at yourself.

duckman

Problem is that a lot of the Chief’s supporters agree with him, so he is playing to the gallery. But yeah; they could and should have have binned it last year.

tjagain

they could still be called the chiefs just change it to a fire chief! Or police chief

tjagain

Anyone know of any decent rugby forums preferably ones that cover more than one country? The one I use has been wrecked by trolls and poor moderation

5plusn8
    Free Member

Autumn Internationals are here soon, the first games that interest me are Japan vz Oz next Sat, and then Scot vs Tonga and Wales vs All Blacks on the 30th. There is also Spain vs Italy A, will be interesting to see if anyone else in Europe is raising their game.

Meanwhile I saw this daft question on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/q9uuyz/is_it_bad_form_to_wear_a_3rd_teams_jersey_to_a/

Seemed odd, as if anyone gives a damn what you wear to a rugby match.

onehundredthidiot

Murrayfield used to have the bloke who was at the wrong match, usually in the non clock terrace (which ages things a bit) Scotland France in a lull up would pop an Irish flag with a huge shout of irrrrrelaaaand. Almost every match I went to he did it.

anagallis_arvensis

Wales vs All Blacks on the 30th.

I will be hiding behind the sofa, no England based players available. Navidi, Tipuric, Jarrod Evans, Liam Williams, Halfpenny all injured.
    Liam is the only 15 in the squad and just had his appendix out. Anscombe who has played about 4 games in 2 years and a 240 000 year old Priestland are the options at ten.
    Still could be worse, at least NZ are rubbish!

duckman

Yeah,the AB’s have have been terrible this year; rather you than us playing S/H teams that are in form…oh wait. Don’t know why your lot didn’t get a easier tune up game first, all about money I guess. The SRU can’t normally wipe their bum with both hands but at least were decent enough to line up the weakest Island nation first.

tjagain

240 000 year old Priestland

I was shocked how old he looked when I saw him play recently

bob_summers

Wainui killed –

anagallis_arvensis

all about money I guess

Yep, this

5plusn8
    Free Member

They have to make money at least. I want the game to thrive. I have no issue with obvious money fixtures. I want to see world class players, I will pay.

tjagain

One siding stuffings are not much fun tho – seen too many of those as an Edinburgh and Scotland fan!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I used to go to the dogs and do £1 each way bets on rank outsiders, it was a waste of money but every so often one would come in and give us all a thrill. I’ve seen people spend 150£ on beer taxis night club fees so it is all relative, my 30 quid at the dogs lasts all night and is bloody good fun. These fixtures are like that. All the teams have had a win or near miss agaisnt the AB’s. You never know, and that on its own is what makes it worth it.
    You could stick 25quid on Scotland and enjoy losing it, or maybe get a fat meal out or a bottle of something on the back of a bit of glory.

anagallis_arvensis

All the teams have had a win or near miss agaisnt the AB’s

We haven’t beaten NZ since 1066 or something

onehundredthidiot

Jones has gone for a fast interesting young squad.

5plusn8
    Free Member

We haven’t beaten NZ since 1066 or something

Yeah but you lose so entertainingly, come v close a few times. I remember a cardiff game in the noughties there was only a try in it?
    One day it will happen and it will be a great day.
    Scotland lost by a small margin to AB’s a few years ago too?

duckman

Draw at Murrayfield is the closest we have ever got to the AB’s. I only bet on the 6n, I bet a tenner on the table positions; it’s easy, bottom up; Italy,Scotland,France,Wales,Ireland/England.The best I have ever done was betting on ht/ft in the grand slam decider against Will Carlings mob. I was living in London at the time and the odds against Scotland down there were so ridiculous as to make it rude not to.Worst atmosphere I have ever experienced at a match though,truly poisonous.

duckman

Anthony Watson has done his ACL.

tjagain

Jones has gone for a fast interesting young squad.

Apart from keeping old slowpoke Farrel as captain and presumably 10?

In that mad 38 all draw a couple of years ago McInally our hooker outpaced Farrell to the line over 30 m. Now McInally is fast for a forward but even so…………….

onehundredthidiot

LCD done ankle which brings Jamie George in. He’s playing well but him and Farrell and itoje may well impose a Saracens mindset which is not what this squad is designed to do.

anagallis_arvensis

Apart from keeping old slowpoke Farrel as captain and presumably 10?

Your constant dismissal of a good international player is getting wearing tbh. I mean I am happy to have Faz as a panto villain, but he is a good player, better 10’s in the world for sure, maybe better in England but he is a fine player.

him and Farrell and itoje may well impose a Saracens mindset which is not what this squad is designed to do.

Is it the winning mindset you don’t want?

tjagain

AA – was just laughing at him being outpaced by a scottish forward and at the idea that this is a young fast squad with him at 10

5plusn8
    Free Member

TJ show the video.
    Oh no I will…
    At no point in this is he quicker than Farrel, he outplayed him, but as a point of fact Farrel closes on him both times.

duckman

Are you sure you have the right player 5plus? I have no doubt Farrel would murder him over 50m but in that clip Farrell only gets near to him after he avoids May?(short socks, so I am guessing) and does so by cutting the corners McInally runs to avoid the tackle. The first 20m Farrell isn’t closing but McInally has to avoid May twice.

Teej; Itoje is currently the best lock in the world. He was scary good on Sunday, his first game back. Why would you leave him out?

tjagain

Yup – thats the clip and Farrel cannot catch him over 60 m when he only has 3 m to make up.

it must be a bit embarrassing not to be able to catch a forward when you are a back 🙂 watch the first half of the run. Both flat out and what happens to the gap – it gets no smaller and what duckman says – McInally actually has to run further to side step the other back.

Mind you McInally is obviously burst at having to run so far so fast 🙂 good job it was near halftime. He needed his bit of orange

Want a laugh tho – find the clip of Jonny Gray breaking thru into the backfield. He gets caught in 20 m with a 10 m start. Lumbering is the expression 😉

Whether you rate Farrel or not speed is not his bag.

tjagain

Teej; Itoje is currently the best lock in the world. He was scary good on Sunday, his first game back. Why would you leave him out?

I wouldn’t – brilliant player and improving all the time. Got his aggression under control now but still a bit of a penalty magnet but mhe is still young and will get better at that.

I guess you are asking me that because of someone elses post

I would have Itoje as captain and first man on the teamsheet. He might even be better than ickle Jonny 😉

tjagain

Here you go – first clip from this Carthorse comes to mind Its not the clip I was thinking of but its still funny.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,902 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.