Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

• This topic has 2,748 replies, 481 voices, and was last updated 12 hours ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 2,749 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
    Tom83

@flyingmonkeycorps I’m the same, around 35ish waist. I’ve gone for the large to be on the safe side.

frogstomp

If you’re unsure of the sizing on those Spada trousers there is free returns when you order from Amazon (link from the STW article).

honourablegeorge

Easton bads and stems, including the EX70 AX carbon gravel ones on SportPursuit

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/easton-sep24?sp_nav=ct-10.ev-27101.

hooli

Proviz jackets at mountain warehouse for £22, free delivery this weekend too – https://www.mountainwarehouse.com/proviz-reflective-windproof-cycling-jacket-p56347.aspx/black/

keithb
    jimmy

I’ve ordered small and medium spada trousers.  Usually a 32″S so will see which fit best, or if they’re both just ridiculously long legged (like beyond a lengthy 31″).

mattbristol

Banana industries have their techy riding glasses for £40. Comes with 3 lenses.

Merino socks down to a few quid on their site too.

Banoptics Performance Eyewear, riding, hiking, driving

jonba
    Free Member

I think those glasses have been on offer a while. Good site to keep an eye on though as there have been some good bargains on there. Tyres are worth a look.

Anyone know how thick the socks are? I was after thin merino ones as liners for hiking.

Tom83

@jonba I’ve got a few pairs of their non merino ones and they’re ‘sports sock’ thick.

submarined
    Free Member

Has anyone actually used those Spada trousers? Because all I can find in terms of ‘reviews’ are simply press releases or a regurgitation of the website… Including the one on here.

Gotta say, I’m sceptical.

Ambrose

I hope they are OK, I’ve just ordered a pair in XXL.

chakaping

Has anyone actually used those Spada trousers? Because all I can find in terms of ‘reviews’ are simply press releases or a regurgitation of the website… Including the one on here.

If Mark off of here vouches for them as his fave winter clobber, that’s enough to take a punt on them IMO

Mine are arriving early this week, fingers crossed. I’ll report back when I’ve ridden through enough puddles.

jimmy

IMO if waterproof trousers fit well that’s 90% of the battle won, and that’s personal.

damascus
    Free Member

Re the spada trousers. What size would you recommend for someone 6ft3 and 34 waist? I’ve looked at the size guide and still not sure. Does the waist cinch in well with that ratchet design? And does it dig into your waist at all? I’m leaning towards a large and hoping they are both long enough and stay up.

Thanks

spannermonkey

I’m 32″ waist & leg all day long in most trousers. Just had the Small & Medium of the Spada waterproof trousers arrive and despite their sizing guide I can’t get the Small any higher than my thighs and the legs are verging on spray on. Medium is ok, but still a slimmer than usual fit/cut.

Also FYI the pricing on the Spada site is the same as on Amazon, and they offer free shipping over £50 plus free returns

seantemple
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Spada jacket also? looks like it might be worth a try for the money.

halifaxpete

Cheers for the heads up on the Spada trousers, needed some more longs for the winter!

frogstomp

Rockshox Lyrik Select+ (2021, 29″, 160mm, Charger 2.1) for £299 at SportsDirect but should be 20% off (£240) from midnight with the code EXTRA20 (also applies to other items in their clearance).

Rich_s

Just to confirm that EXTRA20 does indeed work on those forks ⬆️

2POC

Can these get reduced to 140mm?

frogstomp

Can these get reduced to 140mm?

Yes – you just need to change the air shaft.

flyingpotatoes

Pc game xcom 2 £1.74 on steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/268500/XCOM_2/

Spent many hours playing the original xcom. Going to see if this is as good.

tabletop2
    Free Member

Ordered those Lyriks to replace my 4 year old Lyrik ultimates that have been creaking really badly. Tried all the Loctite tricks and nothing works.  As far as I can tell these are the exact same damper except from no HSC dial – so aslong as the internal setting they use is fine it will ride the same

Hopefully Sports direct will be ok with warranty if i this one creaks but I am doubtful!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

that 20% code does not work on the lyrics ‘basket does not meet the requirements of this discount code’

tabletop2
    Free Member

Weird it worked for me this morning

slackboy

some steep discounts on Felt bikes at merlin:

https://www.merlincycles.com/brand/felt-bikes/?sort=discount-max

e.g. Claris equipped bike for £449 or 12 speed GRX gravel bike for £999

At that price they come boxed / unassembled. But if you are happy building your own bikes, its looks like a good deal .

didnthurt

Pedal Power have a sale on right now, if you’re in Scotland’s central belt and are looking for a new bike, I can definitely recommend them.

https://www.pedalpower.org.uk/products/cannondale-topstone-carbon-lefty-3

a11y

20% off code isn’t workign for me eiother on the Lyriks, but £300 still a great price for them.

I was interested to see what was included in their 20% off promo (although searching using Evans rather than SD). 20% off many bikes inc Spesh 
    Turbo Levo Comp Alloy 2024, £5.7k down to £3.9k inc the 20% off, in all sizes.

frogstomp

20% off code isn’t workign for me eiother on the Lyriks, but £300 still a great price for them.

I guess they were in the clearance section by mistake, or were removed from the section once enough had been sold.

captaintomo
    Free Member

No wonder they are selling off those Spada trousers. Couldn’t even get the damn things back off over my feet as they are so tight. Nice quality but the fits way off.

chakaping

Just tried mine on too, why the hell have they made them so tight at the bottom hem?

Just about fit OK, but will need to try with kneepads as the mediums are a very “tailored” fit for my mighty oaks.

Ambrose

Oh bugger, I’m a bit worried now :-(

nickingsley

Yep, tight around the ankle and a challenge to get my ankles through in either direction.

Seem very well made and similar in quality to my TLD Resist Pants.

scruff
    Free Member

The Spadas are definitely an aero DH fit.

flyingmonkeycorps

This does not bode well for my yeti pistons.

I’ve ordered large and medium though, so we’ll see.

chakaping

Anyone tried the large and medium? How do they compare?

I can just about fit in the medium but I feel like I’m in a noughties indie band, they’re so tight.

dove1

Sizing is way out on the Spada trousers.
    You need to take a couple of inches off the waist measurements quoted in the size guide.
    Stupidly tight at the ankles as well. Bad enough getting them on in the dry. Will be a real struggle when wet and cold.

mudita.cc

Got the medium Spada strides and waist and length fine (34″ and 6’2) but God knows what they were thinking on those ankle hems.

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah I just got my mediums. I don’t think the sizing is wrong per se but the cut is unusual. The waist is true to size IMHO but they’re very tight around the thighs and the ankle is incredibly narrow. I can’t work out if that might keep me drier somehow. I’d be interested to know how a large compared but a larger waist is not what mine need.

OTOH they look well made and the material feels nice. Perhaps I’ll keep them.

jkomo

Got my large Stradas on way- are they able to fit pads?

Viewing 40 posts - 2,681 through 2,720 (of 2,749 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.