Home Forums Bike Forum PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,752 total)
  • PSAs that may or may not be amazing enough to warrant their own thread
  • nuke

Chanced one last order on the 12th, £35 and most of that is for a couple of Fohn bits so can’t see it turning up.

Putting an order in on 12th was not chancing it… rookie behaviour. I put orders on 15th & 16th with stuff that was just in my basket and not even on the website anymore …thats chancing it 😎

niel11
    Free Member

I’ve still got things in my basket that don’t appear anywhere and was tempted to put the order in!

Strangely, when I access my basket it asks me to remove some items as they’re out of stock but the other items are still there and I can increase the quantity.

I think I’ll see what happens tomorrow morning, I can’t see either of the stores being open this time next week if I’m honest :(

nickfrog
    Free Member

@nickfrog
    I bought a bike with t type on it recently (by accident, CRC Vitus bargain). I was very skeptical of the electric shifring….but I’ve got to say I am a total convert. It’s the effortless precision of it.

Sounds good and a no brainer in the circumstances. However now that you know how good it is would you still upgrade to it on your next bike if that came with cable GX? At a cost of £400 minus selling on the old GX for say £100 so £300 net?

el_boufador

Well, the t type is getting me annoyed at the XT 12sp on my other bike.
    May have just ordered the axs…

flyingpotatoes

Are those brandx cassettes any good?

Just received my dhb softshell in XL but it’s too big for me.

We could do with a swap shop on here.

dc1988

My bargain Giga 297 frame has just arrived, I’m hoping the carbon and X2 shock don’t cause too much trouble…. At £470 I thought it was worth a punt.

bens
    Free Member

Are those brandx cassettes any good?

I hope so… I bought 2.

Haven’t fitted them yet.

Got a BX one on my turbo trainer. Shifting isn’t great and it’s a bit noisy but I’m only running a cheap SRAM chain and deore 11sp shifter so not really much of a comparison!

5lab
    Free Member

last deal I can find on the site – 27.5″ inserts for cheap https://www.wiggle.com/p/nukeproof-horizon-advanced-rim-defence-ard-pair

rockhopper70

I’d spotted those inserts too, but reviews are poor, suggesting they stretch then annoying rattle in the tyre and soak up sealant.  The old adage, but cheap, buy twice, might be applicable.

5lab
    Free Member

ok stock is back up and some things have been decimated in price, but gone out of stock as well – shimano kit down to under a fiver. Good luck hunting!

Rivett
    Free Member

I’d say that’s it as everything remaining looks out of stock.  A sad end for a company that has provided for so many over the years.

zerocool

I assumed that one of the bigger shops (Planet X, Merlin, etc) would swoop in at some point and scoop up all of the remaining stock for pennies on the pound in a big “I’ll take the lot of your hands for £x” style.

grahamt1980

Will wait and see if the 2 outstanding orders come through. Am hoping they do

ogden
    Free Member

My 2 orders from last Monday showed up with evri today.

Bit of a weird one because I’ll be sad to to CRC go but until the recent sales I’d barely used them for the last 2-3 years. Back to Tredz, Sigma, Bikeinn & Merlin for me now.

kitchener
    Free Member

Anyone else kind of feeling relieved that we can stop checking this thread soon?  And then…..maybe…just going back to buying kit when we need it or want it?

rascal
    Free Member

Sad times – for us as consumers of late and over the years. Been using CRC for probably over 20 years 😕.

Hope the employees get sorted sooner rather than later.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Anyone else kind of feeling relieved that we can stop checking this thread soon?  And then…..maybe…just going back to buying kit when we need it or want it?

I think I agree with that sentiment. My Prime wheels and £10 dri release top eventually arrived today from CRC, ordered last Thursday evening. Both will get go9d use, but neither arguably needed Still waiting for my last Wiggle order, showing as “shipped” on Wiggle order page, but still says “were expecting it” on the Evri tracking page (despite it also saying itll be here by tomorrow) …fingers crossed as has some Oakley lenses id been after for a while…

a11y

Will wait and see if the 2 outstanding orders come through. Am hoping they do

Most recent FB post on both CRC’s and Wiggle’s page said they’d fulfil all orders placed. That was 6 days ago and I’m hoping that remains the case – I’ve got an order that’s not moved past the progressing stage since placing it on the 13th.

nickjb
    Free Member

My order placed on the 11th arrived this morning. Zero updates from CRC, one email from evri this morning just before it arrived. Looks like they have a bit of a backlog, but still processing

drewd

I’m still awaiting an order placed on the 11th, the estimated delivery date was today or tomorrow. I’ve not heard anything from Wiggle but it was marked as shipped late on Saturday. Evri also state that they’re expecting it, so not sure where it is.

I’ll give it a few days before I chase it up though, one of my previous orders disappeared for a day or two but did turn up eventually.

Blazin-saddles

They’re still processing.  I placed an order on the 9th and it turned up today.

honourablegeorge

Noticed this in red on one of the German sites, re price matching

Best Price Request
    If you find an item at a lower price with another commercial internet retailer, you will receive it from us at the same price, provided the conditions listed in the link are met. This is how it works:

– The competitor has not filed for insolvency.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I, more or less, gave up looking when a load of their stock disappeared from the site.   Did anyone manage to bag any Ultegra BBs for £1.99?  Wouldn’t have minded bagging a couple of those…

doolie
    Free Member

My order from the 12th has finally shipped, echoing other recent posts , they are getting round to some older orders.

Sad times, likely my last order with them.

walowiz

Still waiting for shipping on my confirmed order placed Friday 15th.
    Definitely my last CRC order, first order was at the start of 2015 ! It’s always been my go to for bike parts and kit, I’ve always had good service, no delivery issues, been brilliant.

Hope all the team there get sorted once this is all done and dusted.

frogstomp

Wiggle & CRC sites both showing holding pages now – guess that could be it? Unfortunately that also means you can’t get to your orders page to check status of anything outstanding…

a11y

Well, that’s that then. Sometime overnight my one outstanding order with Wiggle changed from processing to shipped, and thankfully I’d opened the tracking link to EVRI (who’re still expecting it) so looks like I’ll receive that final one. Sad times.

Wiggle over

a11y

And CRC:

CRC over

dander

Frogstomp – the app is still working for me to check order status. Mine is saying ‘shipped’ but it’s not with evri yet 😬

5lab
    Free Member

annoyingly the last thing they had in stock (dolos wheels) was something I’d have bought at a bit more off the price – they were showing at £150 with 6 in stock 10 mins before the site closed. Oh well :)

johnnystorm

“I’d opened the tracking link to EVRI (who’re still expecting it) so looks like I’ll receive that final one. Sad times.”

Or be like me and have the parcel apparently sit in an Evri depot for the last four days… 🫣

sboardman

Eep I’ve still got one order without a dispatch note. I’ve just emailed the customer service address and it hasn’t immediately bounced…

dyna-ti

I’ve still had no replies back on the email i sent them over a twisted fork. And tbh doesnt look now like they’re going to do anything about it.

Al I can do is resend the email asking for a partial refund to buy a replacement, but im not holding out any hope they’ll entertain that either.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

The website always had to close before every order had been shipped, I reckon you’ll still all get your orders unless the courier loses them.

frogstomp

The website always had to close before every order had been shipped, I reckon you’ll still all get your orders unless the courier loses them.

Yes, I’m still confident I’ll get my last order – just would have been useful to know when to expect it or be able to track it in case of courier issues.

niel11
    Free Member

I’ve got 1 Wiggle order I’m waiting for and they took payment from my bank this morning so I assume it’s been sent but I haven’t got any tracking details. Hope I get what I ordered as they were out of stock immediately after I placed the order!

geomickb

+1 for payment takes this morning.

walowiz

Using the links in the confirmation email, I contacted CRC this morning and my order is still on track, as most are probably to be fair. With a lot fewer staff and a high volume of orders, it can clearly take a while to get through the backlog, which is understandable.

Since the closing down of the company was announced and the many redundancies, only a very small amount of staff are left and it can take up to 6 working days for orders to be shipped. Your order should be packed and shipped on or before the 23/03/2024

squirrelking
    Free Member

@5lab I was watching those as well but they would have to have been hella cheap to entertain them – the freewheel/sprocket hybrid is going to be a pain in the arse to hunt down when it wears out and might even write the hub off.

riddoch

The order I placed on Friday never had any shipping emails from wiggle just the Evri one when it was out for delivery. I don’t think the site changed to shipped till about the same time as it was delivered.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 2,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.