Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • captaintomo
    Free Member

Ordered a Mach 3 on Sunday with an arrival date of 28th and it came yesterday. The PDA worksheet was dated May 2023 so that could be why it got out the door so quick. As for the quality of assembly it is actually way better than expected with grease on all the right parts, gears perfect and just looking good over all. Certainly came in a better condition than other bike shops that you would expect better from. Front end a tad low for me so will be putting a new stem and bar on from my spare bin.  For a £200 city whip can’t complain… its a weapon.

euan

Caved in and ordered some OE Lyrik Ultimate forks with 60% off Sunday and they arrived yesterday.

Planned refresh/upgrade for a bike it simply isn’t worth selling on second hand market at the moment, love the frame so may as well invest a bit…..

dukeduvet

I’ve been after a gravel bike frame and missed out on a full build Energie VR last Sunday so went for a Substance FB as it’s the same frame as the drop bar bikes.

It was due 28th Dec and got an email today saying they were snowed under with PDI checks on full bikes with a two week delay. But they are offering to send bikes without it to speed delivery up. I’ve gone for that and if you are waiting on a bike drop them a line if you need it sooner.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

@euan are they ultimate with charger 2.1 damper, are the decals coloured, is the offset as stated, it does say specs may vary from what’s written.

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

Where are you getting delivery dates for bikes?  I ordered on the first and all I can find is “order processing”.

euan

@noeffsgiven –  They are exactly what I ordered – Charger 2.1, 29 inch 160 mm 42 offset.  Decals are Lyrik in Green, Rockshox and Ultimate in white – which is what the picture showed on website when I ordered.

Hope this helps

Euan

niel11
    Free Member

I ordered on the 24th November and my bike was delivered this morning.

When you place the order you’re given a rough date (Approximately 3 weeks) and my bike was one day early.

winterhasarrived
    Free Member

No rough date given. (This is Chain Reaction, not Wiggle if it makes a difference).  I’ll email them I think. Cheers.

dukeduvet

I got a date when ordering at CRC but nothing on my account. If you blinked you would miss it or maybe that’s just me. As you say email them but be quick as a 48 hour time limit.

niel11
    Free Member

If you put any bike in your basket and go to checkout it’ll give you a rough date, at the moment it’s estimating 3rd Jan.

Merak

Prices are like a whoore’s drawers. Derailleur I bought last week is double the price today.

paulwf

Some things they seem to increase the price when there are one 1 or 2 left.

I’d have thought they would want to get rid of all of them so they don’t have that item to store any more

kerley
    Free Member

Yep, I just bought a second DT R470. First was bought a couple of months back at £24 but now had to pay £38 (which was still cheaper than elsewhere. Purchased on Wednesday lunchtime, arriving today via ParcelForce using free delivery option.

5lab
    Free Member

yup the nukeproof 15mm axle converter was £1 3 days ago, I was trying to fill a basket up to free postage and it went to a tenner.

cheekily, the prices that increase get applied automatically to the basket, but I think in my case a decreased price wasn’t applied till i added/removed it

nickfrog
    Free Member

Perhaps they are yield managing by balancing supply and demand, which after all is what determines price…

ogden
    Free Member

I had about 20 things in my basket to keep an eye on if they went to a good price, I’m down to 6 now that haven’t at least doubled in price now. Happy with few bits I did get a few weeks back though but nothing has tempted me since.

christophert21
    Free Member

ordered a gravel bike on 24th november. i ‘think’ they said delivery by 18th dec. emailed them yesterday to find out more, but haven’t heard anything back

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d have thought they would want to get rid of all of them so they don’t have that item to store any more

I can see the point, but unless you can clear a whole warehouse and turn out the lights there’s not much benefit. And they’re not necessarily organized in any logical order. Often it’s random so that you have XTR mechs, next to Altura socks in red, next to SRAM brake pads, next to a a balance bike, next to a 661 helmet. That way guy picking doesn’t need to know the difference between a GS and SGS XT mech as they’ll be in opposite corners of the warehouse.

didnthurt

Query on the 27.5 Prime Gravel alloy wheelssets. I received mine today and they look very nice and come with all the adapters you’d want. 

But the rear spoke build doesn’t look right to me. I’ve tried taking a pic but it doesn’t come out very well. The issue is that on the non drive side on the rear, the spokes don’t under cross the opposite ones like the other side does (the front looks fine). 

Is this right? 

branes
    Free Member

But the rear spoke build doesn’t look right to me. I’ve tried taking a pic but it doesn’t come out very well. The issue is that on the non drive side on the rear, the spokes don’t under cross the opposite ones like the other side does (the front looks fine).

Is this right?

The ‘Attaquers’ that I got are the same.

It’s fine. I actually prefer it as there’s no real structural reason for that crossover, although it is of course the most common. I build mine with no touching crossover and Shimano wheels I’ve had come that way too.

didnthurt

Cheers for that info.

miky2341

Was hoping to pull the trigger on a Vitud Rapide FS XC bike this weekened. Just gone to do it and its gone up from £2500 to £3500….. Thy mst be dong ok if prices are going back up!

mattconway1984
    Free Member

Pulled the trigger and ordered an XL Virus sentier 275 for £800, fox float performance 34s, DT swiss wheels, SLX groupset, dropper post… Price is pretty amazing for the spec, should be a pretty good winter bike, all my local trails are “flat” so I was tempted by the rapide but not sure I want a full xc bike, plus the sentier was way better value for money 

matt_outandabout

Thanks for the Poc helmet PSA – fits mrs_oab perfectly…

cheers_drive

Had a few things in my basket for a week, including a Christmas present for my wife, I thought I had better order to get delivery in time a stupidly didn’t check the prices that had mostly gone back to full price. Realised straight after and contacted them but have just been notified that it’s all been shipped. Everything but the present will be sent straight back.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Assume the days of bargains are gone and there is a buyer lined up? Or there is enough money to keep the lights on till January then back to the sales?

fooman

Prices are still in flux, I’m expecting delivery of my sub £100 pair of SRAM Codes Monday.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Nukeproof Dolos rims for 26″ DJ bikes were a tenner for a while then shot up to fifty quid, it’s quite a mad one when it comes to price fluctuations but I’ve got lucky a lot more than I’ve got stung so far, there’s nowt worse than seeing the price plummet just after you get one delivered.

ogden
    Free Member

Prices are still in flux, I’m expecting delivery of my sub £100 pair of SRAM Codes Monday.

They’ve been that price long before Wiggle/CRC went into admin.

joebristol

I’ve not seen Codes for just under £50 an end before. Seen Guide RE for that price, and for a while some Code RSC for £99 an end. Kicking myself I didn’t buy the rscs when they were that price tbh

ogden
    Free Member

I’ve not seen Codes for just under £50 an end before. Seen Guide RE for that price, and for a while some Code RSC for £99 an end. Kicking myself I didn’t buy the rscs when they were that price tbh

Paid £49.99 in August and I’d been looking at them for a while before I did.

fooman

Paid £49.99 in August and I’d been looking at them for a while before I did.

Well if you can get some more at that price now share the link I need a second set.

seadog101

Ordered som New forks, The fox 36 Performance Elite.  Arrived in a few days, but Evri left them on the door step for all to see… FFS.

Actally better than the spec online, the ones I’ve received have the little relief valves fitted and a better damper than what the was mentioned online.  An awful lot of fork (£900+) for £340.  I really am impressed.  Not had a chance to fit them yet (This time I will not cut the steerer too short…).

cookeaa

Assume the days of bargains are gone and there is a buyer lined up? Or there is enough money to keep the lights on till January then back to the sales?

I think the administrator was riding the black Friday hype to generate some cash and burn down stock levels.

If they’ve not folded or been sold by January, I’m guessing there might be a New year’s/Jan sale for one last flutter(?)

But yeah I reckon most of the meat has probably been picked from Chiggle’s bones now…

dukeduvet

Got an update today and my bike is due for delivery on Tuesday after waiving the pdi check.

jonnyboi

Strange pricing, looking a spare hub for my prime attacker wheels and the SR1D hub is still £29.99 whilst the SR2D hub which is the same interior but used J bend rather than straight pull spokes is upon from £19.99 to £60. They must be using an algorithm based on remaining stock levels?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Those Kenesis Lyfe e-bike variants reduced to ~£850, anyone pulled the trigger on one and seen how it performs, especially regarding distance/elevation?

matt_outandabout

anyone pulled the trigger on one and seen how it performs, especially regarding distance/elevation?

@n0b0dy0ftheg0at

Mrs_oab’s Merida eSpeeder 400 is the same motor and I think battery.

Bear in mind she is lighter than many people and judicious use of lower power, only switching up to middle and high power on steep hills. Currently on app set to 10%/30%/60% assistance. One button to control is crap, you end up mastering morse code, particularly if you want lights on. But you do learn.

It’s less powerful than a mid drive – in region of 40nm maximum iirc.

It’s smooth, odd monetary pause when setting off as it goes on crank movement not torque sensing. Also needs a ‘sit and spin’ to maximise assistance as again it is linked to cadence.

Currently we have done 55 hilly km around Loch Katrine circuit – and had 45% battery left. It regularly does 30-40km rides on 30-40% battery, all around Trossachs or similar.

Brilliant wee thing, even with a couple of foibles.

Andy

@n0b0dy0ftheg0at I have one of the Lyfe Equipped in the garage, bought to cut down car journeys and get up the hill I live on. Not built up yet though, but looks good quality apart from the FSA chainset which will be coming off. Good Michelle Arthurs-Brennan review on it. Says the single button is a pain but phone app good and whilst has limited battery life not an issue. Hoping to use it for the 16 mile food shop run in the summer.

Mine was £720, but they went down to £685 at one point. Bit of a bargain at that price.  There was also a Vitus for £1100 based on Shimano steps that looked a bit better but there were no XL available

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Thanks @matt_outandabout and @Andy , an unexpected ponder as a way to cover more miles and hills, if my long covid fatigue doesn’t improve.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.