Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • jonnyboi

Kind of lost track on all the different threads about these … but do you get the end caps/skewers for QR axles?

YMMV but looks like F&R QR caps, 15mm front caps, cassette spacer, WR skewers, tubeless valves and four spare spokes.

a11y

I was after the three speed Nexus hub version but it’s sold out in my size.

I wanted that version too but couldn’t for the same reason. Ended up going for the Mach 3 VR with regular gears instead. A whole £315 (plus the £20 delivery). I then grudgingly spent a further 12% (£40) of the bike’s cost on a set of full length guards for it.

Vitus

euain

It might reassure anyone buying big things – I’ve just returned a bike to ChainReaction and got a refund. (And a different bike delivered).

It all went very smoothly – from them arranging pickup to refund arriving back in my account this morning.

A bit relieved that it worked well – but you’d not have known there was anything going on at CR/Wiggle other than seeing this thread/reading the magazine.

Fueled
    Free Member

Is it brown then?

I think he means that he won’t mind if it gets muddy

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Hmm, how quick are people seeing their orders processed?  I ordered early on 5th and it’s still not shipped – anything to worry about? (to be fair, relatively low value with 5-6 clothing items so I anticipate that’s a pig to pick)

chakaping

Hmm, how quick are people seeing their orders processed?

It’s varied but I’d expect to get a notification today if I were you.

It’s tended to be 1-2 days for me, but one of them took 3 days I think.

nuke

Hmm, how quick are people seeing their orders processed?

Same as you… ordered 5th, small items low value and nothing yet

jonnyboi

It varies. don’t panic. I had mixed bag of stuff ordered on 4th that has just shipped.

cp

I’m finding orders with several items in are leaving much more slowly than orders with a single item in which usually ship same or next day

chakaping

Anyone else trying to stay strong and NOT put another order in today?

bigrich

I think it’s ironic that the death throes of CRC are people buying heavily discounted stuff they don’t really need. 

ogden
    Free Member

Anyone else trying to stay strong and NOT put another order in today?

@chakaping
    is there even much worth having at this point? I feel like most the “bloody hell, for that price” bargains have gone at this point.

chakaping

@chakapingis there even much worth having at this point? I feel like most the “bloody hell, for that price” bargains have gone at this point.

Nice try mate, I’m not gonna look though.

jonnyboi

Not a big deal. But the bike I purchased at heavy discount is out of stock now, but has had the RRP reduced from £1099 to £899. Is that actually allowed?

dcxs
    Free Member

Still no Giga 290 since 24/11, will cancel order if not shipped tomorrow. I don’t expect CRC to exist in its current form after Christmas and would at least like to get the bike before that.

a11y

Still no Giga 290 since 24/11, will cancel order if not shipped tomorrow.

Get on the live chat with them – they’re still very helpful I’ve found. I ordered my Vitus hybrid on 27.11.2023 and it was shipped today, but that was only after me responding to their e-mail about receiving the bike without undergoing the usual PDI checks.

anagallis_arvensis

Unboxed my £90 prime attaquer wheelset, absolutely lovely

And mine, look great. No harribo though the **** 😜

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

The orders with lots of little bits n bobs do seem to be processing a lot slower, as a former order picker/packer I can confirm nobody enjoyed getting those order sheets especially when it’s close to breaktime, a quick reshuffle sorted that out, probably all digital now though.

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

Thanks all, still nothing but not in a rush beyond some of it being needed for skiing in 3 weeks time.

Good to hear re: the Prime wheels looking nice, I went for the cheaper Prime Baroudeur as I didn’t want them showing up the rest of the bike :)

rwoofer
    Free Member

Well I’ve just put yet another order in today – over 10 since the offers first started! Can someone just buy them to stop me getting tempted again!

weeksy

IMG-20231207-WA0002

jonnyboi

At the moment I’m done with ordering.  The prices have gone up in the last few days so the fact I ‘could’ have got stuff cheaper is a psychological block atmo. Thankfully! 

submarined
    Free Member

Same. I don’t think I could stand another. Somehow this lifetime flat pedal rider that was curious now has three sets of SPDs *shrugs*

jonnyboi

A lot of stuff is being deleted as well after it goes out of stock. You can’t even link back to the brand x carbon road bars anymore. Same for a lot of things I had ordered.

jamesmio
    Free Member

I was after the three speed Nexus hub version but it’s sold out in my size.

Aha. If it was a medium I’m afraid I snaffed the last one a week ago. Sorry about that.

Arrived and built it up on Thursday and took it a run across town. It’s a great thing. Way zippier than I expected it to be, comfy enough, 3 speed is all I need for in n out of town/pub bike duties. And, the real motivation for purchase, it means I no longer have to leave my beloved old Cotic Soul locked up in town anymore.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Bagged a pair of hope tech 4 E4,s for £258

The guy above whinging @bigrich what difference does it make .if the sales at least get the cash in to pay wages before Christmas then let people buy stuff you either think they need or not.

molgrips
    Free Member

My £10 carbon road bar arrived. It’s insanely light.

jonnyboi

Bonkers light, I got the road bars, carbon seat and attaquer wheels and reckon I will take a kilo off my road bike for just over £100

molgrips
    Free Member

Just had a look at wheels. Hope i35 wheelset was £999 now 10p!

Out of stock though… obviously..

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Those nukeproof blackline short sleeve jerseys didn’t take long to disappear at £10, you snooze you lose strikes again, I’ll never learn, I’ve already got three pairs of blackline pants but at £30 do I need some more 🤔

simon_g

Bought a couple of spare headsets, the weird internal routing ones that my Vitus ebike uses. Partly because they’re cheap (£2.99 upper, £9.99 lower), partly because I reckon the industry will have moved on from this terrible idea by the time I really need one.

molgrips
    Free Member

you snooze you lose strikes again, I’ll never learn,

Well I didn’t snooze buying my base model Reactor in the summer – if I’d waited I could have got the top alloy model with a better fork (my only complaint on the base model) for only an extra £50, so you don’t always win :)

Not too bad though, ISTR someone on here bought one full price just before they were discounted by nearly half. Ouch.

andyeez
    Free Member

I got excited too soon and bought the £59 Baroudeur wheels before I had seen the 200g lighter Attaquer wheels for £40 more. Looks like I might have to buy again with a few extras this time (£5 helmet, socks, beanie…) now the initial excitement has calmed down and they are still in stock…

spyke85
    Free Member

Ordered some rotors Tuesday, arrived today.

OEM stock so no packaging, but no worries there.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

One less temptation for some of us, those £99 Attaquer Disc wheelsets are all gone.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

I ordered the Attaquers yesterday afternoon when they were showing low stock, then after ordering them they became out of stock, so may have got the last pair or may be getting a refund. Hoping the Barodeurs don’t sell out in the meantime if it’s to be the latter.

finbar
    Free Member

I purposefully bought the Baroudeurs over the Attaquers for my winter bike – brass nipples and J-bend spokes. I stand by my decision :-)

andyeez
    Free Member

Maybe I got the last set of Attaquers this morning but still showing in stock for me. Fingers crossed…

rascal
    Free Member

Placed an order with CRC for multiple items Monday and they arrived Weds. Ordered some Nukeproof Horizon pedals on Tues and yet to even get a delivery notice. Those pedals were out of stock the next day – should I be concerned?

t3ap0t
    Free Member

Rim brake attaquers are in stock but not the disc.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.