Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
    branes
    Free Member

Wanders off muttering…….

If it makes you feel better I used OUTLET 10 to reduce mine to £180.

Lalala, felt like a great deal anyway.

andy4d

Well that’s my second order gone in. Nukeproof jacket down to 30 quid, would of been rude not too.

ogden
    Free Member

Looks like all the discount codes have been pulled now? 

jonnyboi

Thank goodness. After two bikes and six random boxes of stuff I need them to put prices up, not down. 

borosilicate
    Free Member

Looks like all the discount codes have been pulled now?

Yes. Err, probably not much help posting this now but I’m quite detail oriented about this kind of thing.
    ‘Cyber week’ EXTRA10 on both sites was due to run ’til 5/12/23. On Sunday I got a CRC mailshot saying it was ending that night – it worked after midnight but seemed to get pulled about mid morning Monday. Only today have the promo codes t&cs and the top banner changed to remove EXTRA10.

CLEAR2023 and OUTLET10 had no listed expiry. These were working after the big price shakeup that happened yesterday afternoon, my guess is that it worked on all items tagged as ‘sale’ under the current ‘Warehouse clearout’ campaign rather than the intended set of earlier ‘clearance’ items, and seemed to stop working this morning some time. Again the site was pretty slow to catch up and still had clearance advertised after it stopped working.

BTW anyone looking for some big travel forks there’s a few more Lyriks and a Zeb listed.

niel11
    Free Member

Really don’t understand the pricing of things at the moment. I had a pair of pedals in my basket for £9.99 and now they’ve gone up to £31? It seems like they sold everything too cheap at the start and now they’re trying to claw back pennies on the random stuff that’s left?

spyke85
    Free Member

Or they have a new buyer confirmed and less of a rush to make money now?

nickfrog
    Free Member

Really don’t understand the pricing of things at the moment. I had a pair of pedals in my basket for £9.99 and now they’ve gone up to £31?

They haven’t had £9.99 pedals for a while. You know the basket thing is not a real basket where a geezer at the warehouse walks around with your basket to lock prices, right? Why didn’t you just buy at that price while you could?

nickfrog
    Free Member

It’s about cashflow at this stage, not even sophisticated yield management.

villageidiotdan
    Free Member

@nickfrog.  I noticed that, I’ve been adding things to get the rush of shopping without spending anything lol

I’ve held out for 4 weeks as don’t need anything but bought the £60 Prime road wheelset when it dropped a couple of days ago in the hope it spit-polished my old road bike enough that I avoid the temptation oof buying a whole new bike

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s about cashflow at this stage, not even sophisticated yield management.

This was my assumption too, while headline task of the administration is to make money back for the lenders. In the short term that means keeping the lights on so there’s a business they can sell, which will mean selling £X0,000’s of stock every day. Someone somewhere sat at a spreadsheet with an algorithm trying to work out if that’s less of a loss as a few thousand £10 pedals or a handful of £2000 bikes. I suppose that’s why we had stuff like DT freehubs at silly discounts, they probably sold almost none of them, so the algorithm dictates give them a 90% discount to sell them for something as it’s better than nothing.

I don’t even have a modern road bike with axles and disk brakes and the £300 Prime carbon wheelsets were tempting me!

ogden
    Free Member

10 SPEED Shimano M4100 cassettes up from £9 to £16.99 thank god! ooh I’ll have another cassette with each order 😂

chakaping

re. the pricing fluctuations, they seem to have been using algorithmic pricing for some time now, and I wonder if they’ve just totally taken the brakes off it now?

kelvin

My delivery yesterday came via a third party fulfilment centre.

thenorthwind

Gotta say, I know this hasn’t been everyone’s experience, but Wiggle seem to be getting stuff out the door incredibly efficiently. My three recent orders have come very quickly. Ordered some more stupidly cheap stuff Monday night, and Evri have just delivered it. Hopefully it’ll still be there when I get home – at least they’ve put this one behind the bins rather than just leaving on the doorstep like they did yesterday 🙄

niel11
    Free Member

@nickfrog I understand how the basket works, it’s not the fact that they changed the price of the item in my basket, I just can’t believe the prices are changing so randomly.

It was only a couple of days ago (Nukeproof Neutron pedals) and I was looking for other things to add to my basket to get it over £20 for free delivery. I’m not desperate for them so I wasn’t going to pay for p&p when the prices of other things I might want may change.

kelvin

I just can’t believe the prices are changing so randomly

It’s not a shop. It’s a fire sale, where the doors could close any day. Don’t expect stability of any kind.

Even more true of the house brands… they could all be split up and sold separately, without stock.

bikerevivesheffield

@niel11

Pm me if you want some of the pedals, I’ve got some here

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Even more true of the house brands… they could all be split up and sold separately, without stock.

Unless someone’s decided that flogging carbon wheels for £300 and pedals for £10 does more to devalue the Prime/Nukeproof brands in the medium term.

Or….

Last week was the month end and things are stable again at least until the next set of invoices become due.

mashr

aaahhhh balls, just remembered that there was a DHB base layer I meant to order. Was £33 this morning, now £52.25 – a whole £2.75 off ‘RRP’

I wonder if they were swimming in so much stock that they’ve had to have this massive reduction exercise, now adjust prices to where they should be as they’re at sensible levels. OTOH, I could see sales being incredibly slow now as a result

dave_h

This all perhaps indicates they’re getting close to a deal for the brands so now slowing down on the ‘fire sale’ to maintain a value of assets to be purchased.

woodster

I doubt it’s the end of the fire sales (although my wallet could certainly use that being the case)

All the stuff I ordered Monday late evening is here, over 5 parcels and two couriers, which is service like I’ve never known from them. As much as I love the bargains, it’s also hard to separate them from the realities of people losing their jobs. Fingers crossed that CRC/Wiggle and all their in-house brands remain in more than just name only

nuke

This all perhaps indicates they’re getting close to a deal for the brands so now slowing down on the ‘fire sale’ to maintain a value of assets to be purchased.

Let’s have some faith here people….this is merely the eye of the storm and not soon from now we will once again be knee deep in Chiggle boxes filled with ill fitting clothing, oddly coloured components and tools/accessories that will never see the light of day 🙏

ajantom

oddly coloured components

Hey! My bike’s going to look great with a blue bb, brown pedals and red grips.

jonnyboi

Bucket load of DHB stuff I ordered for the wife has arrived.  It’s TINY. I had to check I hadn’t ordered age 10 rather than size 10.

She definitely thinks I am fat shaming her :( 

thenorthwind

Bucket load of DHB stuff I ordered for the wife has arrived. It’s TINY. I had to check I hadn’t ordered age 10 rather than size 10.

Some DHB tights arrived for me today. Thought the same, held up they come to just below my knees. But they stretch loads and feel like a good fit.

joebristol

I had ordered some of those oil slick horizon pedals for £19.99 but got an email to say they were cancelling it as out of stock and they’d refund me. Guess that’s saving me from myself as they did look disgusting tbh

jonnyboi

Unboxed my £90 prime attaquer wheelset, absolutely lovely.  A smidge over spec weight at 1440g but I am well chuffed with them for the price.  Along with the prime carbon parts arriving my gravel bike is going to be like triggers broom at this rate! 

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/prime-attaquer-disc-alloy-wheelset

molgrips
    Free Member

Guess that’s saving me from myself as they did look disgusting tbh

Lol, time to step away from the computer :)

hooli

be knee deep in Chiggle boxes filled with ill fitting clothing, oddly coloured components and tools/accessories that will never see the light of day

I have tried not to order anything too questionable just because it is cheap, the problem I have is I keep spotting stuff I need at a really good price and rather than pay £3,50 for postage, I add £10 worth of bottom brackets, small tools and water bottles to the order. I had 2 on the shelf already but it appears I now have 7 bottom brackets for my hardtail!

weeksy

I had ordered some of those oil slick horizon pedals for £19.99 but got an email to say they were cancelling it as out of stock and they’d refund me. Guess that’s saving me from myself as they did look disgusting tbh

Mine should be here today… £40 to you :D

jonnyboi

Loads on eBay, feels like most of the stuff being bought in the fire sale is ending up there.

someone has five sets of the carbon 650b wheels up for £269 a pair!

hardtailonly

Unboxed my £90 prime attaquer wheelset, absolutely lovely.  A smidge over spec weight at 1440g but I am well chuffed with them for the price.  Along with the prime carbon parts arriving my gravel bike is going to be like triggers broom at this rate! 

Kind of lost track on all the different threads about these … but do you get the end caps/skewers for QR axles?

a11y

Unsurprisingly they’re snowed under with bike orders it seems. Despite me proactively offering to accept a bike I’d ordered on 27th Nov without the PDI etc, it’s only just been despatched today.

And for the first time (ever, for me) I thought Wiggle had made an error with a delivery. Order of saddles and 2 x kids handlebars arrived via Evri, minus the handlebars. No indication that the order was being split into 2 deliveries but that’s what they’ve done. Handlebars are due today via Parcelforce.

She definitely thinks I am fat shaming her 🙁

Mrs a11y has a major gripe with cycle clothing sizing in general, as do I to an extent. I’m by no means a biffer – 187cm, 88kg, broad-shouldered, 35″ waist – but often need XXL in some brands. I’m a comfortable L in things like tshirts etc, or M is I want the (pitiful) guns on show.

thepodge
    Free Member

Clothing sizes are total rubbish everywhere, the only difference between a 9-10 & 10-11 xmas jumper in Next is the older one is 10mm longer in the body & 20mm longer at the sleeve, like kids dont grow, they stretch.

dave_h

it appears I now have 7 bottom brackets for my hardtail!

I’ve got headsets for frames I don’t even own (yet!)

woodster

Kind of lost track on all the different threads about these … but do you get the end caps/skewers for QR axles?

The disc version definitely do, comes in a bag with the manual etc. so I presume they’ll all have them.

rockhopper70

I’ve bought one of those single speed Vitus city bikes for canal bank and leisurely rides with Mrs Rock. At £159, it seems daft money and no great shame if it gets stolen. Hereafter to be known as the CentreParcs bike.

I was after the three speed Nexus hub version but it’s sold out in my size.

ogden
    Free Member

M4100 11-46 has gone from £9 to £16.99 and now £50.99! Glad I bought 4 when I did.

chakaping

Hereafter to be known as the CentreParcs bike.

Is it brown then?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,361 through 1,400 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.