Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • dave_h

£30 for SLX M7100 disc brakes front and back

Brakes or rotors?

bikesandboats
    Free Member

Brakes without rotors as far as I can tell

molgrips
    Free Member

I have had SRAM DB8 since June on my Nukeproof and I’ve had no issues.  Is it worth upgrading to these SLX for that price?

EDIT looks like there are both 2- and 4-pot versions and it’s the 2 pot that are £15 when in stock.

slackboy

For anyone waiting on orders

Same. ordered on the 28th and was delivered today, was a bit disappointed to find the bargaintastic goretex infinium jacket that I’d ordered as an xmas present had been cancelled.

twotonpredator

SLX brakes at £15 an end. At that price they are almost a disposable purchase. Good job really…

thelawman

Just had a quick look for (26″) tyres to see what was available in their fire sale. “Aha,” thinks I, “a pair of Panaracer Fire XCs at £29 each, just the job for my bimbling use.” So I put the order in and sat back.
    Then, out of curiosity, I went looking elsewhere and quickly found the very same thing at Merlin for £17 apiece. They’re shown as folding bead too, surprisingly. I know they’re not the greatest tread and they have 1990s written through them like a stick of rock, but I care not a jot.
    Anyway, the order with CRC is now cancelled, Merlin have my business instead.

Simon

twotonpredatorFull MemberSLX brakes at £15 an end. At that price they are almost a disposable purchase. Good job really…

Anyone got a link to these, searched Wiggle and CRC but not seeing them.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

They are sold out

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Did anyone buy them to replace old leaking calipers?

If they did I’m after a set of decent levers to replace the M4xxx 2-3 finger / not servo wave ones that came on my bike.

chestrockwell

The Transfer dropper I ordered on 28th turned up yesterday. Came with the lever too, which was a nice surprise.

scotroutes

Another delivery from Wiggle first thing this morning – a set of cranks for my “turbo” bike as the current chainrings are looking very worn. I’m currently getting deliveries quicker than I normally do, so I guess there are still plenty of pickers & packers . 

fossy

Wiggle have processed a refund for a wetsuit (was too small for MrsF), so trading seems OK. Got another delivery of ‘consumables’ coming today – not super bargains, but needed a job lot of Canti/v-brake pads for the commuter/CX bike.

chakaping

Had two orders arrive yesterday (in four parcels).

Ragley bars seem really nice, amazing for £5. Stems too.

Decent pair of DHB sunnies for £15 – actually needed as I left my last pair at the bottom of the Col de la Seigne in September and only realised when I got to the top :D

ogden
    Free Member

Regarding the issue with Nukeproof pedals and Shimano cleats, the problem is down to the thickness more than the extra rounded over end. The Nukeproof cleat is 1-2mm thicker so the Shimano just can’t engage properly depending on the thickness of the sole of the shoes.

The pedals are really nice so definitely a mega bargain for sub £30! I’d have been happy paying £70-80 for them.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I’m getting 403 errors for CRC and Wiggle. Can’t get on to order my basket of bargains!

scotroutes

It’s ok for me. My saved basket is still there 

jonnyboi

all good here, even got an update on my bargain 29er purchase

bikesandboats
    Free Member

looks like there are both 2- and 4-pot versions and it’s the 2 pot that are £15 when in stock.

I was expecting the 2 pot versions but received the 4 pot, not complaining although more braking power than I’ll probably need!

devash
    Free Member

How are people seeing / finding these amazing PSAs? I’ve been searching but everyone I’m seeing is normal CRC / Wiggle discount price?

mlltt

My wiggle is saying delivery unavailable, is this the end? 

uggski
    thepurist

How are people seeing / finding these amazing PSAs? I’ve been searching but everyone I’m seeing is normal CRC / Wiggle discount price?

Same here. I’ve looked a few times but can’t seem to find anything I need/want/whatever at a price that makes it attractive.

cp

wiggle is saying delivery unavailable, is this the end?

Usually means an item in your basket has gone out of stock. The basket seems a bit flakey and sometimes needs a refresh before checkout particularly if you’ve had stuff in there for a while.

munkyboy
    Free Member

Got those oil slick pedals for £40 which was a bargain. May get more for spare parts/ replacement. Crazy as the normal pedals were £50 and are now £100. No idea what they are doing with pricing

molgrips
    Free Member

If someone sees the DHB Aeron cycling waterproof for a silly discount let me know? It was on half price the other day which whilst fantastic, isn’t pocket change.

doolie
    Free Member

Just picked up a set of the Prime Orra carbon 650b wheels for £150. Wheelset pricing seems to vary each day

mboy
    Free Member

Did a £300 order last night, just woken up to a £100 refund…

OK so I did pretty well, but annoyingly a couple of the refunds were for things I needed for my GF’s new bike build…

Theres a lot of stuff that was crazy cheap yesterday that is OOS this morning, though surprisingly there’s still some crazy cheap carbon handlebars left!

BillOddie

Dunno if coincidence but having placed tons of orders over the years I have just had a Wiggle order delivered with stuff missing.

Pretty sure it hasn’t been messed with en route.

The things missing seem to be still in stock so I don’t think it’s that.

thenorthwind

Maybe coming in more than one parcel? A few people have mentioned that happening on this thread.

mboy
    Free Member

Multiple warehouses, has been for a while. Expect it’ll arrive soon enough… The quality of their on time in full delivery and returns process seems to have disproportionately gone up since announcing they were going into administration it seems.

rockhopper70

I had a flap when I ordered two (one of each) of those cheap running jackets. One was delivered and email to confirm the order was delivered etc, then a day or so later, the rest arrived.  Close scrutiny of the order history confirmed it was indeed going to be two shipments. 

BillOddie

Maybe coming in more than one parcel? A few people have mentioned that happening on this thread.

Maybe…only 1 tracking number and all showing as “delivered” though.

Currently missing a pair of Mole grips and a ladies baselayer…£8.50 worth!

anagallis_arvensis

Just ordered some prime attackquer wheels for £99

cp

Just ordered some prime attackquer wheels for £99

I hope you used CLEAR2023 to get them for 90 ;)

anthonyweighell

:)

Blazin-saddles

Just picked up a set of the Prime Orra carbon 650b wheels for £150. Wheelset pricing seems to vary each day

I paid £135 using OUTLET10 for mine.   Also 3T carbon gravel bars for £44.  Bargain!

sixtoes

Is the returns process still working the same as it used to?

Blazin-saddles

Yes, returns still being processed.

sixtoes

Thanks

anagallis_arvensis

I hope you used CLEAR2023 to get them for 90 😉

Wanders off muttering…….

😄😄😄😄

Viewing 40 posts - 1,321 through 1,360 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.