Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • kelvin

as far as I know these are identical to the 68/73mm ones apart from the length of the tube, which you could swap with the one from your old BB

Wait… what? Anyone tried this…?

weeksy

Yes… same. Apart from the tube. Some BBs like the Saint for example have a longer thread than a basic Shimano, but still, same.

kelvin

Sweet… thanks. These only tend to do 1 winter for me, so I’ll pick up spares.

dyna-ti

You could get a Nukeproof Horizon Pro for £129. Decent reviews, light, strong and lovely looking hubs

Unfortunately I’m a complete Hope nut, I wouldnt be happy with something else.

Thankfully the DT Swiss are 28h.

chakaping

Those £10 DHB running trews seem really nice.

Gonna test them this eve, but already ordered a second pair.

The £2 socks look great too.

Garry_Lager

My mega showed up yesterday – bit of a delay if anyone else is waiting on a bike order, but nothing excessive, around 2 weeks. Looks great, except for the guide brakes they snuck on there. I guess all parts are not to hand at CRC – it was specced with G2s but I was going to replace them anyhow so I’m not too fussed.

bigginge

For the bike build thing they do get you to check you’re happy with a a disclaimer stating all the obvious before they will go any further with considering you for this. They have also provided some basic instruction on what to do and it really is simple stuff (put some grease on the seat tube, align the handlebars, toque the bolts etc). Probably not for everyone but I’ve already said I’d be happy to get the new bike in for the lad quicker as I’d be stripping bits of it down when it arrives anyway.

honourablegeorge

kelvin

Not with that specific BB, but certainly with other brands.

You can always cut and tape the tube too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Carbon Brand X road bike bars for £25..

convert

My Silva Trail Speed headtorch arrived this morning. Only ordered it on Friday, so that’s faster deivery than usual!!

No fair – why did I not look for a betterer headtorch whilst they were still available.

Also no fair – you live not too far from me and I’m a mile from getting my stuff. 4 mini orders the first of which was last Tuesday. Evri say it got to the local depot in Inverness by last Friday and it’s now doing its seemingly compulsory 1 week quarantine there before they consider doing the last 20 odd miles to me. Evri really are a bag of shite locally and I’d forgot why I got out of the habit of using wiggle/CRC. 10 days is the normal minimum it takes them. Anything I want buy for Christmas probably needs to be ordered in the next week if there is a chance it’ll end up in their hands.

whyterider93
    Free Member

Still waiting 3 days later for my order. Its with Evri who are usually decent near us…

scotroutes

@convert – YGM

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

My orders from yesterday are still processing, a bit worrying but they might just be snowed under due to some staff gone.

Kryton57

Still waiting 3 days later for my order. Its with Evri who are usually decent near us…

My Parcelfarce package due on 13th-14th is “in the hub”.  For people reading restrospectively this post is the 14th 8:20pm

I didnt expect anything less.  We also get a good service from DPD or EVRI, but am pretty much on once a week delivery from the post office.  

frankconway

a bit worrying

Why?
    There’s no evidence of any problems – and multiple posts on this thread saying…all good, except for a few instances of missing Haribo.

beagle
    Free Member

I’ve ordered three items on the same order.  Got a confirmation of two of them being sent – on their way.  No dramas.  Didn’t get a confirmation of the third item (the larger most expensive one), it just turned up today after ordering Saturday lunchtime.  I’m sure it’ll be fine for everyone after a wee bit of time.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

why’s this thread become done an order it’s shipped/delivered? surely they are too big to order and liquidate leaving leaving people out of pocket?

jonnyboi

They are liquidating stock to pay the bills.  If they can’t get enough money into pay the bills due and pay wages before a buyer is found, then it’s over 

IANAE ;) 

el_boufador

Just ordered a Vitus for my nephew for Xmas (on behalf of my sister in law)

Hope it works out fine!

hofnar
    Free Member

why’s this thread become done an order it’s shipped/delivered? surely they are too big to order and liquidate leaving leaving people out of pocket?

Well that’s exactly what some companies in the same group seem to have done.

On the probikeshop website the claim some technical difficulties but as per comments many people seem to have been waiting already 2-3 weeks for order with no progress nor communication. Bikester (which i believe share a warehouse with Probikeshop) have a banner sorry we can not provide this item for most on there website so seem mostly shut down.

Bit of a note to sharp deals seem to ony be available to UK customers I am on the continent and many recent PSA but also the Ragley’s from a while ago are a lot les discounted for us.

kitchener
    Free Member

Fohn cheapo SUP and carbon paddle arrived. Quality of carbon paddle isn’t great, it’ll do, but nowhere near quality of my basic Naish one.  Will test out SUP at weekend….as long as it floats I suppose?  Comes with a decent fin but the bag, pump etc are all pretty basic.

teadrinker

I just took delivery of my Orro Terra C Ekar for £1599, extremly happy for that price, great service from them as always.

johndoh
    Free Member

Fohn cheapo SUP and carbon paddle arrived.

Which one did you get? Mine is out for delivery today (Fohn Fusion 10’6”). I assume they were never anything like the claimed £650 really were they?

Merak

I really need to stop looking at this thread. So far I have two spare GXP BBs (excellent tip) 

Two pairs of running trousers a chain and various other stuff. Business must be booming for Chiggle.😃

jonnyboi

this might give you some context

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/sports/stand-up-paddle/inflatable-stand-up-paddle-boards

I kind of assume that unless they are super high end then 150-150 seems about right

johnny63

Soooo – would you risk returning something ?

Bought one of the Race Aeffect droppers but don’t need it anymore.

5lab
    Free Member

Mine is out for delivery today (Fohn Fusion 10’6”). I assume they were never anything like the claimed £650 really were they?

the paddle boards were £400 last year

https://www.whatsthebest.co.uk/fitness/outdoors/how-to-choose-a-paddle-board/

£250 after that

https://crankset.me/product/fohn-adventure-102-stand-paddle-board-package

and about £180 earlier this year

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fohn-explore-102-stand-up-paddle-board-package-ps179-at-wiggle-4169030

so they’ll probably be £100 by the end of the year if any are left :)

johndoh
    Free Member

Ahh cool – I couldn’t find much when I Googled. At £150 I am quite happy – it’s meant to be for my girls but I am already looking forward to paddling up and down my local river on it :)

boardmanfs18

Tempted by the Prima Orra carbon 700c wheel set at £419 but would I be better off getting the Hunt carbon gravel wheels at £679 ?

I guess the issue would be getting hold of spares for the primes!

MoreCashThanDash

Quick delivery of the recommended merino socks on the socks thread, including Haribo.

Almost reassured me to look at bikes…

mathsmc
    Free Member

I bought the Prime Orra wheels in June. They were £399.99 when I bought them. I have used them for several hundred kilometres and they have not had any issues. I’m 80kg and ride a mixture of terrain so they’ve had a good test. I like them, they are a lot lighter than the original wheels that came on my Alloy Topstone and I upgraded the ratchet in the hub so they make a nicer noise! They are not as light as some carbon wheels but not bad. Because they were so cheap (compared to other wheels) I also upgraded to lighter Shimano disc rotors and lighter tyres, so the total weight loss was significant.

scotroutes

Tempted by the Prima Orra carbon 700c wheel set at £419 but would I be better off getting the Hunt carbon gravel wheels at £679 ?

Vel+ from Sigma at £499?

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Vel/35-GRL-Carbon-Gravel-Disc-Wheelset/TW58?s=1

jonnyboi

I am wondering a pre-pack sale had been agreed before the administrator was appointed? I can’t imagine that any new owner is going to want to have the potential level of returns on their books?

johndoh
    Free Member

I ordered the SUP very late in the evening on 13 November and it’s just been delivered. No idea how good it is and won’t find out until Christmas morning as it’s now safely hidden away awaiting wrapping. No Haribo though :(

Mister-P
    Free Member

The Fohn Fusion 10ft 6in SUP mentions dropstitch so it might be ok.  The others look pretty cheaply made.

ayjaydoubleyou

Brake discs ordered Sunday night just arrived. With Haribo, which I’m sure I havent received for ages.

Ordered some clothes today.

If this is a carefully orchestrated ploy to grab all of the cycling worlds black friday/off season boredom shopping then chapeau!

Kryton57

Ok so the Mythique VRX has arrived.  The biggest box ever buts that’s because it’s been properly and neatly assembled, all I had to to was put the bars on.   It’s got the DB8 brakes and centreline rotors other than that it’s SLX, Bombers (yay) Nukeproof bits and WTB wheels.   
    No Haribo but for the money vs the cracking spec and gorgeous better-than-the-pics racing green colour I’m not complaining, and absolute bargain.

I’ll do a proper NBD separately tomorrow. Thankyou Wiggle employees for such a great service under what I suspect is quite stressful circumstances.

stevie750

Sadly i have to report that the free wasp i recieved has shuffled off his mortal coil

stevedoc
    Free Member

48 hour service from Wiggle on some trekking poles   not sweets

jonnyboi

My tents arrived quickly, the DHB clothing is still in the seventh level of Evri hell. I’ve signed off for no PDI on the bonkers purchase cargo bike so hopefully that will be shipped tomorrow.

I have to say the Wiggle/CRC deserve much kudos for providing a great service in what must be worrying times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,001 through 1,040 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.