Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • Kryton57

Parcel force are supposedly

im not expecting mine on time either, but that’s not Wiggle or CRCs fault. Parcelfarce will likely not deliver what Wiggle have paid for.  

DPD have been far worse than Parcelfarce with my latest deliveries.

I have default settings – 1) leave in safe place 2) leave with any neighbour

A recent delivery this week wasnt allowed to be left in a safe place, so when we weren’t in, they took it back to the depot rather than give to a neighbour (there’s always someone in on our cul-de-sac).

Next day, was watching it tick down to delivery – as soon as I saw the driver was running late, I knew it woudn’t come – they still stated it will be with you soon, even when the driver was back at the depot in Stoke

nt80085

Are those fohn sups any good? Never tried one but that price seems low enough to have some summer fun.

beagle
    Free Member

I’m keeping my fingers crossed on this. Ordered the possibly better drop stitch one (£150) and a carbon paddle (£30).  

barrysh1tpeas
    Free Member

Returns part of the Wiggle site has stopped functioning, bad gateway etc. So bear that in mind.

I have one jersey to return (weird sizing), so not the end of the world.

escrs
    Free Member

Ordered some FiveTen Trailcross GTX boots yesterday, arrived today (Wiggle+) and free Haribo included

The returns section of the website was working last night as i checked my return to see they recieved it on Friday, so im guessing that part of the site has had an issue overnight and there is no I.T people till Monday

386870890_3626126580961324_7712786250556784822_n

jonnyboi

I’ve just ordered a cargo bike, I don’t think I need a cargo bike, but it was reduced from £1900 to £530. I need help

stevie750

Just got two separate deliveries from wiggle , one had a packet of Haribo the other had a wasp.
    Think they should stick with the Haribo , am not sure the free wasp will catch on

scotroutes

My Silva Trail Speed headtorch arrived this morning. Only ordered it on Friday, so that’s faster deivery than usual!!

I had one in my basket when price was reduced a few weeks ago but saw that it had dropped further, so deleted the one in my basket and ordered one at the new price. It’s a bit lardy as a headtorch (for running) but comes with an extension lead so the battery can be carried in a pocket or bag, and with a bar mount for bike use too. 1200 lumens on full beam and a great battery life.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Prices are dropping, nukeproof horizon bars for £19.99 same for horizon saddle, utter bargains, ragley bars even less.

Northwind

SOme of the carbon V2 bars available for £62, really superb kit those and they come in a nice high rise too

Andy

The Hope tech4 X2 brakes looked particularly shiney for £58 each while they had them

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm do I want carbon Nukeproof bars for £40?

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

I’ve put two more orders in today, I got too eager and forgot something then spotted something else too good to miss out on, so hopefully that’s two boxes heading my way, some prices are mental, were those Hope X2’s really going for £58 or did they put that price on after they’d sold out at £104.

Northwind

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm do I want carbon Nukeproof bars for £40?

The V1s are fine- just pretty standard, stiff tough carbon bars, definitely worth £40 if that fits the bill (I had a set on the dh bike, perfect for that, I didn’t like them on the hardtail.

But the V2s are fab, they’re a better shape than most and manage that “reduce fatigue without being soft” magic, I’ve got them on 2 bikes and they’re as good a carbon bar as I’ve ever had. So I reckon that even though £40 for the V1s is good £62 for the V2 is better. Course, this is a taste thing.

munkyboy
    Free Member

There’s a turbo trainer for £15. How bad can it be.

jimdubleyou

It’s a slippery slope, you’ll be buying a wheel on smart thingie in no time… 

Andy

@noeffsgiven yes the Hopes were, but only RH in Silver & Black/Red/Blue with 1700mm hoses, so I and a mate grabbed a pair in the expectation we can swap/sell the spare RH Master cylinder lever for a LH. I love Hope stuff so quite bonkers really!

davros

For any unfortunate users of GXP, SRAM BSA 68/73mm BBs are only £8! I picked up a spare.

Also SRAM oval DM chainrings are £26.

Andy

@davros thought GXPs were only in Italian thread at that price?

nixie

Earlier the 24mm nukeproof BB was £2.99, the 30mm just £10. I know the bearings have got mixed reviews but my two have been fine. At that price worth having in the shelf.

molgrips
    Free Member

that “reduce fatigue without being soft” magic

I’ve no idea how that would even work when you have 2.6 tyres and 150mm suspension?

davros

ITA and BSA tungsten both £8 Andy. 

Andy

@davros you are right mate, I was looking on Wiggle, both £7.20 on CRC with the code. cheers!

jam-bo

Anyone had anything odd with PayPal, order shows on PayPal but no money has gone yet despite the fact I’ve received my order this morning. 

dyna-ti

No bloody come down on Hope pro5 front wheels :( Im after a 27.5 and at this rate its going to come to the point I get a dt swiss, and no doubt an hour later the hope ones will drop by 50%

I just know they will :(

Anyway, did quite well to get a pair of tech4 v4 for 320, so i suppose ive had my luck there at least.

Northwind

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve no idea how that would even work when you have 2.6 tyres and 150mm suspension?

Neither do I really, but that doesn’t stop it working. People have different ideas, if I had to guess I’d say it’s some sort of frequency thing that just affects a range that forks or tyres aren’t so good at…

It’s most noticable with extremes- I had some gen 1 enves that were just brutal, they were engineered to be super-stiff and even on the 160mm coil sprung bike I had at the time, it was unpleasant and on longer runs was costing me control. So I sacked those and got some RSPs which are really similar to the Nukeproof V1s, much less harsh than the Enves, and those stopped it being a problem. But I still had it at the back of my mind so when someone recommended the V2s as being “softer” I tried one and it did make a useful difference. Not as obvious as going from the super stiff, and tbh I was perfectly happy with the RSPs and the V1s til I tried something else, but I wouldn’t go back now.

I reckon there’ll be people that prefer the stiffness though. And for sure there’ll be people who don’t notice or don’t care. And the V1’s a perfectly good, middley-harsh bar so if you don’t think there’s a difference you should go for that one. But you might be surprised, with the V2, for an extra £22 I do reckon it’s worth finding out. It’s also got more backsweep, which I like, and the offset shape of it means it doesn’t cost you as much reach as more backswept bars usually do. And it looks nicer ;)

munkyboy
    Free Member

Exactly as orrible as all turbo trainers? :)

No bloody come down on Hope pro5 front wheels 🙁 Im after a 27.5 and at this rate its going to come to the point I get a dt swiss, and no doubt an hour later the hope ones will drop by 50%

You could get a Nukeproof Horizon Pro for £129. Decent reviews, light, strong and lovely looking hubs

20231111_111229

mashr

molgrips
    Free Member

The same way different hard/softness of grips makes a difference, the forces travel through the system and onto you eventually

frogstomp

ITA and BSA tungsten both £8 Andy.

They’re out of stock now but the 83mm version in grey is still available – as far as I know these are identical to the 68/73mm ones apart from the length of the tube, which you could swap with the one from your old BB.

chiefgrooveguru

“I’ve no idea how that would even work when you have 2.6 tyres and 150mm suspension?”

Because you’re putting spring+damper systems in series with each other, so compliance adds up. I agree that if these systems were in parallel then you wouldn’t feel the benefits because the softest spring would dominate but they’re not in parallel.

Andy

Bizarrely on those V2 Carbon bars the 10% off code works on Wiggle but not on CRC

thecaptain
    Free Member

Because you’re putting spring+damper systems in series with each other, so compliance adds up.

Yebbut the difference between 5.002 and 5.003 is completely negligible especially when a couple more (fewer) strokes of the pump will change it to 4 or 6.

jonnyboi

They are emailing to ask if you want your bike shipped without PDI to reduce lead times. They staff they have left must be hammered 

mashr

They are emailing to ask if you want your bike shipped without PDI to reduce lead times.

That’s a fairly significant corner to cut! Although if I get the offer I’ll be taking it . . . for a further discount

Edit: turns out I had the same email already. “We understand that some of our customers have a high level of expertise in using and building bikes themselves. If you wish to consider receiving your bike without the inspection, which can then be released to you almost immediately for assembly at home, please reply to this email to express your interest within 48hours and we will send you some more information.” They have more faith in their customers than I do.

molgrips
    Free Member

I swear the 800/12mm bars were £40 but now they seem to be sold out of those.

EDIT no, they must be releasing stock daily. Bought! 12mm might be lower than my originals but let’s see.

stwhannah

My two SUPs just arrived! Question is, do I try and inflate them now to test them for holes, or just hope for the best and find out if they’re faulty next summer when I actually want to use them?

molgrips
    Free Member

I dunno about where you are but right now I could test my SUP on a few stretches of road locally.

molgrips
    Free Member

Socks arrived (with Haribo), the merino DHB ones are incredibly comfy. 2 pairs of them and three pairs of running socks for £20.

jonnyboi

Tent has arrived by parcel force, clothing that I had ordered via click and collect still hanging around with Evri somewhere

@stwhannah
    SUPS are pretty tough, would have to be a massive manufacturing fault for them to be leaking IMHO. You could trying pumping one up just to prove to yourself that you also need an electric pump!

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.