Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • racereadysuspension
    Free Member

Hope have taken all their stock back. Zero products on both their sites today.

garage-dweller

FRP were appointed on 24th October.

Notice is showing in the Gazette this morning.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4471780?mainwebsite=1

That’s Wiggle Limited.

Chain Reaction is a trading name of Wiggle and no notice on its website.

joebristol

This is at the bottom of the Wiggle main page now. Still nothing on CRC.

IMG_3133

DT78
    Free Member

So basically if you order now you risk whether it turns up and have a faff getting a refund via your credit card and pretty much you have no warranty.

breninbeener

Having recieved my Big Al, is there anywhere i can buy a mech hanger that isnt CRC? Or do i have to take a chance with crc?

Thanks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So basically if you order now you risk whether it turns up

Yes

and have a faff getting a refund via your credit card

Only if it doesn’t arrive, assuming your purchase qualified for cover it’s not usually a huge faff.

and pretty much you have no warranty.

Only if they go pop and any new owner doesn’t want to honour the warranty – given they would be buying a name first and foremost there are good reasons to choose to honour it.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

is there anywhere i can buy a mech hanger that isnt CRC? Or do i have to take a chance with crc?

It’s more than likely a generic part. As is mind, I’d order one or two more to be sure.

DT78
    Free Member

Right I better order a mech hanger for my sons vitus 24 sharpish

With cc protection, does the individual item need to be over £100 or the order value?

hot_fiat

Mech hangers used to be pretty standard. There’s about 30 patterns and frame builders would have a sheet of them that you can use to identify yours. Try rearmechhanger.com

kamenev
    Free Member

Just been looking myself – nowhere else has any stock.  By the look of it it is not a generic hanger.

Akers

I ordered a Hope BB from CRC on Wednesday afternoon. I got a message saying it had been dispatched, later that night. Evri tracking says it was received by Hermes at 3am this morning, so fingers crossed it made it out before the stop on Hope products.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

so fingers crossed it made it out before the stop on Hope products.

Hoping for hope?

Akers

Hoping for hope?

Very much so! Also for Wiggle/CRC, or more specifically their employees…

frankconway

BETD for hangers.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I know when I bought my last Ragley frame from the LBS he said he had to get the frames for CRC so I guess all lbs are the same ,  Ive just had a Google notification they are in Adminatration now . whether this is the self Admin or further down a rabbit hole im not sure .  If it was me looking for a hanger id buy on a credit card and hope for the best 

snownrock

I wouldn’t bother buying hangers direct, I’ve just checked for our boys Nucleus 24’s. They are £15 direct or £5 on ebay

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If it was me looking for a hanger id buy on a credit card and hope for the best

Unless they’re much much more expensive than last I looked credit card won’t make any difference. PayPal possibly offers protection at that sort of value.

scotroutes

It really is time that Powered by Chain Reaction banner ad on the forum was removed. 

sillyoldman

Administrators have been appointed. No longer self administration.

https://bikebiz.com/wiggle-enters-administration/amp/

jonnyboi

why? Hannah was asked about that and said they were all paid up to date

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It really is time that Powered by Chain Reaction banner ad on the forum was removed.

Assuming they’ve paid for it (Hannah has indicated they have – I think on the other thread) and crc are still trading why?

kelvin

Assuming they’ve paid for it

Assuming Wiggle Ltd paid for it, not Wiggle Ltd (In Administration), then the company in administration is probably getting a freebie now. It would show good will to honour the old contract, as I suspect the good people at Singletrack will do, just as I hope the company in administration will honour as much of the commitments made by the company before it went into administration as possible… but that’s not a given for everything, realistically it can’t be.

nickfrog
    Free Member

I returned a tyre yesterday, only £35 so not a big deal but I wonder if I will get my money back…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Wiggle Ltd paid for it, not Wiggle Ltd (In Administration)

Is it a different company? My assumption was not and that the (in administration) is more a buyer beware note.
    If they changed the company to move the debt away from the original name I’d expect them to choose something a bit more distinct.

Admittedly this is entirely assumption/guess work.

winston
    Free Member

One of my old school friends is very senior at FRP (though not involved in this). It always amazes me how there is never enough money to pay suppliers or customers yet he is a multi-millionaire……

Kramer
    Free Member

I’ve bought three mech hangars for this reason.

honourablegeorge

@Kramer – I’m picturing this

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It always amazes me how there is never enough money to pay suppliers or customers yet he is a multi-millionaire……

I seem to recall they get paid immediately before the tax man.

kelvin

is more a buyer beware note

It has implications for suppliers as well (Singletrack in this case). I strongly suspect they won’t pull the plug though, the banner will probably stay ’till end of the contract period… as long as the Wiggle group keeps honouring customer orders and refunds… if they stop, then reputational damage for Singletrack will need to be considered.

zilog6128

Assuming they’ve paid for it (Hannah has indicated they have – I think on the other thread) and crc are still trading why?

as a basic courtesy to members/readers! Clicking on the ad takes you to the CRC site, but there’s no mention of the fact the company may (or is it definite now?) be in administration or at least in trouble, which might affect the warranty or returns of anything you purchase (or whether you even receive it at all in the first place!)

It always amazes me

does it actually though 🤔 😂

masterdabber
    Free Member

I hear that bikes that were with the shipping agent ArrowXL to go to customers are now being returned to CRC/Wiggle.

PJay
    Free Member

I have an order that’s still processing (paid for by PayPal) I don’t know what the chances are of it being dispatched now, so fingers crossed.

It’s only £35, so not catastrophic, but I’m hoping it’ll turn up.

snownrock

Just ordered some more handlebars after successfully returning some last week. PayPal protection so not so worried.

kelvin

Did you keep quiet because you knew someone bidding Brant?

Still plenty of good feeling towards that brand name, and not just amongst the elderly.

BruceWee

Anyone who wants the FREESPIRIT trademark, you’ve got about two minutes to bid.

All this could be yours!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/browse/b/freespirit/_/N-8qpqcd

DT78
    Free Member

Onza – weren’t they big in the trials bike scene?  I vaguely remember lusting after some completely impractical bike with no saddle back in the day

poah
    Free Member

pretty much you have no warranty

no because the warranty is with the manufacturer. Would only affect any companies that go down the plug with wiggle. So if you bought a hope brake hope would still be the warranty provider.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I think its quite sad. Not only for all the employees and other business it will effect, but I’m of an age when I can remember the CRC ad’s in the backs of mags when the shop was in Ireland. Cheapest shimano bits, and the ad seemed to hold all of the stock from the shop!!

BruceWee

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/Event/Details/147192578?ViewStyle=grid&StatusFilter=completed_only&SortFilterOptions=0

Some interesting blast-from-the-past names in that lot.

I thought that Barracuda was Merlin’s own brand many moons ago?

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.