Home Forums Bike Forum Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle

• This topic has 1,826 replies, 447 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by mashr.
Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,827 total)
  • Possible demise of CRC / Wiggle
  • davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

All hope products vanished !…tech issue or stocks been pulled returned etc ?

d42dom

All hope products vanished !…tech issue or stocks been pulled returned etc ?

I was only looking at Hope brakes earlier! been pulled/disappeared in the last few hours…

clubby

Likely Hope pulling credit and getting their stock back in case of them (CRC) going into administration.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

apparently Muc-off took off so well that they never got round to it.

Ironic, from the purveyors of expensive anodized bits to the purveyor of expensive detergent that strips the anodizing off bits.

Maybe they thought they could create their own market as the 90’s bright anodized fashion faded 😂.

rathz
    Free Member

Apparantly the website had administration details but pulled them, below is a cached

https://wiggle.egain.cloud/kb/Wiggle_EN/content/Prod-19330/Wiggle-in-administration-Information

Andy

Well my Wiggle order is showing dispatched on my order page but “processing” on the DPD Tracking page. Wiggle + order placed late Tues evening so should have arrived today.

stevedoc
    Free Member

My crc order was done Tuesday and arrived today  Only a mech hanger for the new Ragley frame… better to be safe than sorry eh

solarider
    Free Member

This is painful!

Surely it’s only a matter of time. With brands turning up to collect stock in lieu of payment there’s only one way this is headed…..

davros

Some bargains on there today. Deore 4 pot brakes £40 each. Slx 2 pot £47 each. Ice tech 180mm rotors £16.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Likely Hope pulling credit and getting their stock back in case of them (CRC) going into administration.

I seem to remember being told they don’t do credit, I assume someone the size of crc holds some stock but entirely plausible that they’ve simply sold through and can’t/won’t restock.

fathomer

I’ve just placed an order for a couple of small bits and DPD have disappeared from the delivery options.

chestrockwell

Could be wrong but didn’t they do the same to another company on the way out? don’t blame them at all!

chestrockwell

I wanted X-Lite bar-ends so badly when I was a kid, had to make do with Tioga Power Studs.

I saved up and bought an ace pair of purple X-Lite bar ends, the longer ones, for my 1989 Saracen Tufftrax. Crashed in to a tree while bombing down Skipton Moor on one of their first trips out and bent one.

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

My order also stated despatched but Evri shows processing limbo, I had some Hope hose in my order maybe that’s the problem, weird how they’ve so quickly removed all Hope bits even from the brand list in the filter, I almost added an E4 rear too, now I’m wondering if Evri have ditched them too.

vinnyeh

Deore 4 pot brakes £40 each

Do you have a link, can’t find these.

Andy

Think that listing is wrong & its a 6100 2 pot caliper not a 6120 4 pot despite the picture/description. I ordered a pair earlier this year and returned because of this.In any case I wouldnt order right now until we see despatch confirmations.

davros

Sorry vinneh, I was tricked by the main image showing 4 pot caliper. They’re 2 pot M6100.

luv2ride
    Free Member

Ordered some bits on Wednesday after prices dived on a couple of items i’d had in my basket. Orra gravel bar for £29.99 and a Lifeline shockpump for £6.99. Arrived today. Hope they stick around but not holding my breath…

felltop

Delivery not available to my location- Scottish Highlands. Couriers demanding payment upfront perhaps?

johnnystorm

Double post

johnnystorm

maybe the lure of cheap stuff out of China was too powerful

Going to check the CRC sales for a new irony-o-meter as mine’s just thrown a rod.

cp

but Evri shows processing limbo,

It you copy the evri tracking number from the crc despatch email and paste it into the evri website directly rather than using the crc links then you’ll probably find the tracking shows the parcel moving on their side.

I ordered forks a couple of days ago. Despatched yesterday but still no tracking on the crc links. Evri website shows the delivery in progress though.

davidmoyesismydad
    Free Member

I imagine there delivery bills with dpd and evri are quite high and they are on 90 days eom so you can imagine them getting jittery as I bet the outstanding amount is huge .

No matter how big a customer you are and how much of a good payer you have been dpd will put you on stop

It’s a possibility

mc
    Free Member

Apparantly the website had administration details but pulled them, below is a cached

https://wiggle.egain.cloud/kb/Wiggle_EN/content/Prod-19330/Wiggle-in-administration-Information

That isn’t cached.
    You can find that link from the website if you go to My Account -> Help, then it’s currently the first in the Popular Questions list if you scroll down a bit, or if you click on Accounts, then it’s the first/top question.

The legal text at the bottom of pages has also been updated to Wiggle Ltd (in Administration), however nothing has been added to CRC, and there’s been nothing published on The Gazette yet.

benpinnick

No matter how big a customer you are and how much of a good payer you have been dpd will put you on stop

Ha this. I had a dispute with another big courier over an bill they raised incorrectly, which I subsequently refused to pay (it was 4k!). While it got sorted at their normal glacial pace they put my account on stop due to my non payment of said incorrect bill. Obviously we just used an alternate and moved on, but shows that they will stop your account for whatever reason, even if like us you’ve been a good payer up to then. Their alternative solution was to pay it then we’d get a credit sometime somewhere down the line. It got sorted in the end and we still occasionally use them, but they lost most of our business for it.

breadcrumb

I ordered a bike on Monday, was told it’s despatched Tuesday evening but looking at Parcelforce tracking was only collected yesterday (Thursday).

Creaky

Just looking back at Wiggle’s marketing emails, the business name in the footer was changed between 09:00 on Wednesday and 09:04 on Thursday (yesterday) to read “Wiggle Ltd (In Administration)”. They kept that one quiet!

benpinnick

According to this site it only happened/is happening this morning – https://www.administrationlist.co.uk/pages/businesses-in-administration?gad=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwv-2pBhB-EiwAtsQZFPMGOb5AWG2uKnUwjXkUVUcdirwlWo0VdO41QBacLJvV2bpP2LDpahoCRDQQAvD_BwE (Anyone know of any other large, portsmouth based sporting goods/bicycle retails heading into administration?)

Not showing on the free gazette site as yet.

So they’re ahead of the curve with the emails and website updates.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Ordered a kids bike Monday, had an email Wednesday saying it was dispatched and should arrive yesterday or today. Tracking still says processing. I won’t hold my breath. 

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ordered £21 worth of Neutron pedals and some brake cable to make up the postage last night, so fingers crossed 😬

DT78
    Free Member

Dumb question – can they still trade whilst in administration?  So if something is in stock you will still receive the item?

As for warranties on parts/bikes, on the isla thread no one seems to be questioning continued warranty support.  On here there seems to be question marks over vitus (which I bought last year) / nukeproof / ragley

why is that?  because CRC / wiggle is in administration rather than islabikes saying its closing voluntarily?

5lab
    Free Member

kids are a lot less demanding on a bike than an adult, and most kids bikes will be punted on after a couple of years, so warranty is less important. Gvien most of them are non-suspension, there’s also a lot less to go wrong

julians
    Free Member

because CRC / wiggle is in administration rather than islabikes saying its closing voluntarily?

yep – exactly that.

islabikes is just winding down and (so far) honoring existing obligations to customers

Andy

Well my Wiggle order is showing dispatched on my order page but “processing” on the DPD Tracking page. Wiggle + order placed late Tues evening so should have arrived today.

Order was collected last night at 11.30pm and now at local depot

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

why is that? because CRC / wiggle is in administration rather than islabikes saying its closing voluntarily?

Pretty much this. Isla have said they will honour warranty.

Wiggle brands haven’t and as yet it’s only conjecture – wiggle and their associated brands are still there and still operating, it only becomes a potential issue when and if that changes so wiggle can’t actually tell you anyway, either they stay and your warranty does our they go and they have no control over it.
    At that point any new owners (if there are any) will be under no obligation to honour warranty.

can they still trade whilst in administration?

Yes, absolutely. The administration is to try and obtain maximum value from the company, in theory that’s achieved by restructuring and returning to a profitable operating company. If that can’t be achieved then they may close the doors and clear stock etc but it’s much less valuable asset that point than as a going concern.

So if something is in stock you will still receive the item?

Maybe. The decision to close, now they’re in administration, could come at any point. In theory am order placed at 10am might be shipped before they close but one placed at 10.01 doesn’t make the lorry and you have to try and get your money back.
    In practice it’s usually end of day rather than mid way through one but the same applies.

iainc

i returned a pair of £90 Nukeproof trousers on Tuesday, I wonder if I’ll get my money back… :(

noeffsgiven
    Free Member

Well my order is finally moving hopefully, checked the Evri tracking and it says “we’ve got it” when it should be at the ” on its way” or “out for delivery” stage by now, ordered at dawn three days back, so called dispatched two days ago, so much for their delivery getting quicker since administration, looking like Monday delivery now 😔.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Spoke to soon, looks like it has been dispatched and showing up on parcel force’s tracking

steamtb

I ordered a few bits from Wiggle last night and they are with DPD and being delivered this morning!

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 1,827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.