Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 3,914 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • chakaping
    Free Member

What does that leave!?

Have you seen Glow? That’s one of the best things on Netflix IMO.

White Lines was very good too.

Both quite upbeat and non-derivative, which makes a change from a lot of modern telly I know.

johnjn2000

Maybe a spy series provided it’s not as ridiculous as Killing Eve

How about Alex Rider? Amazon not NF and a little bit aimed at Teens but it’s entertaining, at least to me.

martinhutch

Loved Season 1 of Dark… found S2 hard work, but persevered as it seemed to have so much potential… by E2 of S3 I decided I’m either too tired when I sit down to watch it or I’m not clever enough to follow the plot

What you need is some kind of Excel spreadsheet and a flowchart. 🙂 I have no idea what is going on, and my wife is constantly asking who the hell everyone is, who’s related to who etc. Most of the time, I’m almost as clueless as her.

Not too much gruesomeness so far, though, in response to the previous post.

hols2
    Free Member

The HBO mini-series of Perry Mason is ok. Good cast, it’s more of a film noir detective show than a courtroom drama. Bit predictable, but entertaining.

Hightown was also entertaining, but a bit more of a standard cop show. Silly plot, but decent performances.

chakaping
    Free Member

BlackKlansman is on there now BTW.

Highly recommended, enjoyable and horrifying.

tinribz
    Free Member

Just finished Kingdom, the MMA gym not kung-fu one.

Season one was a quite hardwork, didn’t particularly take to some characters initially.

But it is well casted and writing really picks up S2 and 3. Also great soundtrack.

bonzodog
    Free Member

American High School teen shite is 100% off my radar but I bloody loved I’m Not OK With This. Highly recommend.

7 episodes around 25/30 mins each, so like a long film in duration. So hope they do a series 2.

Houns

Anna on Prime, a sort of Salt/Hanna mix

butcher

I enjoyed I’m Not OK With This too. Quirky characters, easy to watch, and nice and short.

vondally
    Free Member

Umbrella academy 2… brilliant and personally better than season 1.

Disney channel…really enjoyed Agent Carter, silliness and daft but worked…..faded by end of season 2.

Blackklannsman recommend followed by 5 da bloods,

funkmasterp

Glow really is a great series. Second the recommendations for BlackKklannsman too.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Anyone else seen “The Peanut Butter Falcon” ? I thought it was a great feel good buddy movie and well worth a watch.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Recommended on here and I loved it.
    I saw Project Power on Friday and enjoyed it but the forumulaic is strong with this title….
    Makes Old Guard look cutting edge indie (or whatever the kids/grandads say these days.)

ta11pau1

Been rewatching Fargo recently, really enjoyable.

2 seasons down, 1 to go.

Also “upgrade” is a decent film, futuristic scifi with some very gory bits and plenty of killing if you like that 😁

Houns

The Bridge series 1 is on the iPlayer

toby1

Watch the movie “The Hunt” (Prime I think) – Betty Gilpin is excellent in it 🙂

Just started Teenage Bounty Hunters, as simplistic trash on a hungover Sunday it worked well. I episode of Dark to finish it, probably tonight, it feels like they are rushing to the conclusion now which is a bit annoying as the pace was reasonable the rest of it.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Anyone bothered with The Big Ugly yet? Loved it but a bit slow.
    An American Pickle made me laugh.
    Legacy of Lies bored the tits off me.
    The Silencing was great, but then again I love Annabelle Wallace. I even managed to watch the Tom Cruise Mummy thanks to her.
    Survive the night was a sort of Bruce Willis by numbers, but even by the bumbers he’s pretty good.
    Always Be My Maybe delighted me for some reason. Just a nice cast with added Keeanu.

johnx2
    Free Member

Netflix: Never Have I Ever. US high school drama centred on teenage girl of an Indian family and her friends. Shoot me for binging. Probably because I watched Heathers at a still formative age, but I am not ashamed…

metalheart
    Free Member

Timing, as ever, is everything.

I just took out a Netflix sub and have been looking for this thread, so thanks to whom ever bumped it 🤪

I’d like to add
    Warrior Nun (nonsense, or nunsense perhaps, obvs)
    Giri/Haji
    Control Z

Currently doing Money Heist (la casa de papel)

Excuse me if any of these have already done (I’ve only just scanned the last two pages…).

Any other Spanish language recommendations gratefully received.

jimmy

Just watched Peanut Butter Falcon last night. Very nice, if a wee bit predictable.

andrewreay

Netflix: Never Have I Ever.

I was ashamed 😉 But so worth getting over the shame. Agree that it’s brilliant. And John McEnroe!

+1 for Perry Mason too (Sky / Now TV). Loved it.

surfpunk

The Fall, serial killer story set in Belfast, a few nice twists sub-plots.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Cobra Kai !
    Very entertaining, funny, well made rehash of the original movies with the original stars too. Well worth the watch if you are old enough to have fond memories of doing “The crane” move in the playground.

fossy

Enjoyed Cobra Kai !

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

Just started watching Nightflyers. Couple of episodes in and really enjoying it. Early days but it reminds me of Event Horizon which I loved.

Also just finished watching Cursed which was enjoyable once it got going

pondo

Cobra Kai is mega! Thought I’d sneak episode one in while Mrs Pondo was mooching about upstairs yesterday, when she came down I thought it’d be game over – X hours later, it’s gone dark and we’re wondering whether it’s too late to start season two! 🙂

giant_scum
    Free Member

We have watched Stateless over the last couple of weeks.
    Very good, ending was a bit hurried though and all very coincidental!

richardkennerley

Just watched Peanut Butter Falcon last night. Very nice, if a wee bit predictable

We watched this t’other day, nice describes it well! Enjoyable.

Second series of How to sell drugs online had been available a few weeks now, seems to be a bit under the radar bit I think it’s worth a watch 👌

toby1

Teenage bounty hunters – yes it sounds daft, and to be honest is a bit. BUT Jenji Kohan of Weeds and Orange is the new black is behind it. So it’s well written, fast paced and funny.

fasthaggis

I saw Project Power on Friday and enjoyed it but the forumulaic is strong with this title….
    Makes Old Guard look cutting edge indie (or whatever the kids/grandads say these days.)

I thought Project Power was total bobbins,some real crappy acting from Joseph Levitt and Jamie Foxx.
    Is this the future standard of churned out films heading for Netflix,hope not.

nicko74

I thought Project Power was total bobbins,some real crappy acting from Joseph Levitt and Jamie Foxx.

“Commissioned by Netflix” is still a bit of a warning sign, isn’t it, sadly. There’s also “bought by Netflix because nobody else wanted it”.

Just watched Parasite, which I loved. Reminded me of Shoplifters; and afterwards it then made other Korean recommendations of The Good the Bad the Weird (excellent), Sympathy for Mr Vengeance (good, but more in the Oldboy class of hard watching).

Also recently watched: the Dead Don’t Die (eh), Joker (excellent), Steel Rain (very excellent), Gimme Danger (most excellent), High Life (Robert Pattison with bodily fluids in space), The Lighthouse (Rober Pattison with bodily fluids in a lighthouse), and would recommend most of them, if you’re in the right frame of mind for each of them.

petergriffin23
    Free Member

What you need is some kind of Excel spreadsheet and a flowchart. 🙂 I have no idea what is going on, and my wife is constantly asking who the hell everyone is, who’s related to who etc. Most of the time, I’m almost as clueless as her.

Not too much gruesomeness so far, though, in response to the previous post.

If you have since created the Excel Spreasheet/flowchart I would much appreciate a copy. Really enjoyed season 1 but left far too much time between that and season 2. Not got a clue whats happening. Might have to go back and rewatch season 1.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d dismissed (without watching it) Cobra Kai as some trash money-grabbing project but I’ll give a go after reading a couple of the posts above.

Has anyone/is anyone watching Good Girls? I’m quite liking it so far (in a fill in the odd 45 mins with something amusing kind of way) but wondering if it all turns to dog poo or is worth carrying on with.

funkmasterp

The best thing about Cobra Kai is you actually end up seeing the first film from Johnny’s point of view. You then start thinking, **** Daniel, he’s a real dickhead!

toby1

Has anyone/is anyone watching Good Girls?

Just finishing up season 3, but I think my wife enjoys this more than I do, I find myself wanting it all to go very wrong for most of the characters. It still has moment of genuine humour, but they are interspersed with annoying characters who do things without learning from previous experience.

Project Power, was ok, decidedly average.

RustyNissanPrairie

Premier Icon
    funkmasterp
    Subscriber

The best thing about Cobra Kai is you actually end up seeing the first film from Johnny’s point of view. You then start thinking, **** Daniel, he’s a real dickhead

Plus 1!

Good anti hero series.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Cobra Kai was on you tube “paid for” a couple years ago. Great to watch and both seasons worth your time.

If not mentioned (prob have but too many pages) Altered Carbon is brill, first season better than second and the Expanse is totally great. Both proper sco fi with good plot and acting. Oh qnd quite a lot of attractive naked people

StuE
    Free Member

Don’t watch too many movies but did enjoy Peanut butter falcon and Venom

grum
    Free Member

Can we lump Prime recommends into here too? If you like hip-hop, the highlands, drugs, daft humour and Eddie Izzard then Get Duked is very watchable fun.

grum
    Free Member

Sour Grapes doc on Netflix is good also, about high-end fraud in the wine biz.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 3,914 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.