Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 3,914 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • erictwinge
    Free Member

really enjoyed The Stranger personally. see your point about some of the gripes reading them here, but none of them occurred to me at the time… kept me completely compelled which is a rare feat.

that lass (the actual stranger) is bang tidy too.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Watched Treadstone on Prime and Lost in Space on Netflix. Both rather good. Treadstone a cut above the usual spy fare and Lost in Space very well made.

Kuco

Can’t wait for series 2 of Altered Carbon on 27 February.

gordimhor

Really enjoyed The Sinner on Netflix. It’s a Whydoneit.

Drac

After Life returns on the 24th April not sure it need another season but we’ll see.

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

I’ve been watching a lot of “Schitt’s Creek”. It’s a brilliant comedy where the characters grow the longer it goes on. 8/10

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched Booksmart on Prime last night, funny, original and warm-hearted teen comedy movie. Probably not meant for middle-aged men but still enjoyable by them.

jimmy

Watched Treadstone on Prime and Lost in Space on Netflix. Both rather good. Treadstone a cut above the usual spy fare and Lost in Space very well made.

Does Treadstone get better? Watched the first episode with high hopes, was disappointed. Felt very low budget.

toby1

I watched the Documentary “Mountain” on Netflix, it was pretty, but I’m not really sure what the point was, it’s a mish-mash of some clips you’ve seen elsewhere from Redbull videos with some Everest footage and some words with nice music. It’s ok, but it was more a collection of visuals than a documentary!

CheesybeanZ

Godless , definitely worth a watch .

martinhutch

Does Treadstone get better? Watched the first episode with high hopes, was disappointed. Felt very low budget.

No, not in my opinion. Tim Kring (Heroes) is the show-runner, and it is basically just Heroes with Bourne-lite agents. Endlessly flits between lots of sub-plots with some utterly ridiculous scenarios and plot devices.

andrewreay

Getting increasingly excited by the prospect of S5 of Better Call Saul.

Due to kick off on the 23rd Feb in the States, so hopefully close to that here in the UK.

Should be epic.

Jimmy is now Saul…

jerrys
    Free Member

I second the recommendation for Godless

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Lost in Space was very good ……Danger…….Will…….Robinson.  Dr Smith is well acted and a supremely vile character at times.

Netflix is also getting the Studio Ghibli back catalogue.  So far Mrs M has had to suffer Porco Rosso and Castle in the sky.

Picard on Amazon is very good so far.

Drac

Lost in Space is terrible.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Can’t wait for series 2 of Altered Carbon on 27 February.

Are they following the books? It could get challenging…

Houns

Enjoying Avenue 5 on Sky one

halifaxpete

Started watching ‘Locke and key’ on Netflix with the missus last night. Only 2 episodes in but seems pretty good.

CheesybeanZ

Lost in Space is terrible

This.
    Dr Smith character is beyond terrible.

funkmasterp

I second the recommendation for Godless

One of the best things on Netflix I reckon.

Locke & Key is worth a watch, but has been turned in to a bit of a teen drama. What it’s based on is more horror so I was a little disappointed.

Narcos Mexico series 2 has just started so that’s me sorted for a couple of weeks.

epicyclo

CheesybeanZ
    “Lost in Space is terrible”

This.
    Dr Smith character is beyond terrible.

I thought the effects were quite good. For something aimed at kids, the Dr Smith character was quite complex and played well IMO.

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched one episode of Narcos S2, es muy bien.

Caher

Quite like the Norwegian Ragnarok. Only seen a couple of episodes so far though.

spursn17
    Free Member

I’ve been watching a lot of “Schitt’s Creek”. It’s a brilliant comedy where the characters grow the longer it goes on. 8/10

This. I watched all 5 seasons in 2 weeks, funniest thing I’ve seen for ages. When it starts it seems a bit cheesy, but persevere with it as it gets much better.

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Caher – Ragnarok looks so crap but kinda keen to watch it as it is filmed on the fjord I live on! Also supposed to be learning Norwegian. Cool connection is that the glacier story in this months STW mag is the same glaciers that are in that series above a town called Odda where it is filmed.

martinhutch

This looks fun – surely it can’t be as bad as season 2?

Jesse from BB too!

senorj

Run with the devil- with Nicholas Cage ….above average.
    3 good films on I player at moment !
    Free state of Jones ,captain fantastic &
    End of watch . I enjoyed all.

white101

Apologies if this has already been done, but I’m not checking all 24 pages of this thread.

Check out a short documentary called Pandemic on NETFLIX. 1 of a series of short docs on a variety of topics. This one given it was made last year or 2018 left me cold with regards to a certain country and its attitude to managing potential pandemic outbreaks.

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched The Long Shot on Netflix the other day, enjoyable rom-com with Charlize Theron & Seth Rogen. Funnier than the average.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Check out a short documentary called Pandemic on NETFLIX

Watched first episode then binged the rest over a couple of nights. Man, I was screaming at those anti-vaxxers in the states. Loons.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I’ve been watching The Stranger, but not sure I can recommend it. It all seems a bit “ITV trying to be a bit clever”, the castings weird and everyone is strangely affluent but don’t do any work.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but I enjoyed Messiah, got you thinking “how would people react if he turned up”

hols2
    Free Member

I enjoyed Messiah, got you thinking “how would people react if he turned up”

bonzodog
    Free Member

This looks fun – surely it can’t be as bad as season 2?

Jesse from BB too!

It does look tempting, but god, series one became a bit of a chore (especially sitting through the monotonous opening credits), and S2, didn’t stand a chance with me. I just don’t know if I’m ready for any more yet.

chakaping
    Free Member

New series of Narcos Mexico is delivering so far.

vondally
    Free Member

Just for balance
    Godless more like gawd awfully booring

chakaping
    Free Member

I dropped Godless after 2 or 3 episodes as well.

Deadwood has set the bar high for TV westerns. Tough act to follow.

erictwinge
    Free Member

i enjoyed both series of Westworld, but its still the only show that ive had to go online to read exactly wtf was going on after every episode!! looking forward to S3 tho!!

erictwinge
    Free Member

wrote that before watching the trailer… holy shit looks amazing!!

Flaperon

Are they following the books? It could get challenging…

Don’t think so. Season 2 takes place on Harlan’s World, and seems to revolve around a search for his slightly creepy mentor / girlfriend Quell.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Currently watching Picard, which is quite good, Narcos S3, which isn’t as engaging as the first 2 and started Hunters, which is interesting. Not sure how it will develop, not what I was expecting anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 3,914 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.