Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 3,914 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah back with old friends, Clever Green is fully jumping the shark in this one (S5 Rake)

vongassit
    Free Member

Sex education , I laughed a lot.

alpin
    Free Member

Lion

Watched last night. Great film.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, it’s a cracker Alpin.

chakaping
    Free Member

Watched Get Out last night.
    What an excellent film, more than lived up to the hype.

sadexpunk

ah back with old friends, Cleaver Green is fully jumping the shark in this one (S5 Rake)

totally agree, didnt think much to S5 at all, but really enjoyed the first 4 series.

watched a couple of excellent sets over the last 2 days, got to share them with you as i think youd all enjoy them. ironically both had people i cannot stand in them but still really enjoyed watching them.

firstly, although its not netflix (catch-up) we watched that Fred, Gino and Ramsay triple part jobbie. basically a lads road trip in each respective country with food, drink and just general pissing about. had us in stitches in places, gino’s a real nutter 😀
    (in case you were interested, its ramsay i cant stand)

and last night…..WOW! totally unexpected as i cannot abide ricky gervais, but wife had heard good things about After Life on netflix so we gave it a try.
    suicidal bloke coming to terms (or not) with his wifes death from cancer you say? may be hard viewing you say? wrong! stunning tv! in parts hilarious, heart-wrenching, it went through all the emotions. we’ve lost my dad and my wifes nan to cancer this last few months and wife was in tears watching it, both with laughter and sadness.
    exceptional dialogue, i really recommend you all watch this.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

totally agree, didnt think much to S5 at all, but really enjoyed the first 4 series.

Well I’m only 2 episodes in but I’m actually enjoying it as the ridiculous finale it is 🙂 Just good fun

Merak

After Life, not a fan of Ricky Gervais but it’s excellent. The cast is fantastic.

hols2
    Free Member

Yeah, Ricky Gervais suxks, pathetic little fat man, no one’s bloody laughing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A new series of Secret City has started – Aussie political type thriller. One would probably have to watch the first series for the second to make sense. Nothing world class but both series would make a good bingeable watch over a weekend.

chakaping
    Free Member

Brooklyn nine nine, season 5 is finally on Netflix.
    So funny I have to keep pausing it to laugh.

Drac

Just watched E1 of Afterlife. I can’t stand Ricky Gervais but that was brilliant, good comedy usually does have some tragedy in with it. He’s caught the self destruction of someone going through depression perfectly.

jam-bo

Might have been mentioned but Beyond the Curve was really good.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

After life Is excellent!.

Drac

Might have been mentioned but Beyond the Curve was really good.

Yeah finished that this am so simply done.

rone

After Life is genuinely excellent, and you can certainly see Ricky Gervais has moved on and tackling the futility/meaning of life.

Production is fantastic and owes a little debt to Curb and Lead Balloon perhaps.

So much better than I was expecting. Netflix has given him the room to do what he wants, really really well.

Love all the little local stories, and a pitch perfect supporting cast.

Paul Kaye in particular.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Oh and for the fan of Oz satire
    https://www.abc.net.au/tv/programs/utopia/
    Keeping on with Rake it’s a perfect satire of the current Australian political system

chakaping
    Free Member

Just finished Umbrella Academy this evening.
    One of their best original series IMO. Soooo much better than the Marvel guff.

Drac

Yeah need to finish that.

therag
    Free Member

I’ve just binge watched Homeland, a brilliant CIA series. Also really enjoyed Narcos, power (even with the terrible acting), stranger things and Luther. I found better call sol a little disappointing after breaking bad.
    Sex Ed next.

sirromj

Really enjoying star trek discovery 2nd series. Just started After life after this thread. Not laughed so much at a comedy in a while.

kcr
    Free Member

I also enjoyed the first couple of episodes of After Life. I keep expecting to see Andy and Lance walking round the corner.

CheesybeanZ

Currently enjoying Star Trek Discovery .

Tom-B
    Free Member

We watched Behind The Curve last night….pretty funny, can’t say that I was blown away by it.

Dawn Wall is now on Netflix and it shows some amazing stuff.

Also watched Valley Uprising, really really enjoyed that too.

Thinking that I may start on the civil war series.

mahalo

Big fan of Gervais in Office and Extras, but pretty much hated everything else. Derrick is worse than Mrs Browns Boys…

After Life is a storming return to form!

DezB
    Free Member

‘The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind’ looks like it’s worth a watch.

Gilles

I would like to watch Get Out but i understand it’s a bit of an horror movie and i don’t like horror movies. Am I right or i better stay away? thanks

mahalo

so much more than a horror movie!

Drac

The only horror is how long it drags on for to reveal the obvious plot.

kcr
    Free Member

I would like to watch Get Out but i understand it’s a bit of an horror movie and i don’t like horror movies. Am I right or i better stay away? thanks

*** Spoilers… not really, but just in case anyone complains ***

It’s more of a mystery/thriller until the final reel. I thought it was an interesting and original premise, and well executed, but ended up with a conventional genre “hero dispatches the baddies gruesomely one by one” which was a bit disappointing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah go for get out, not real horror but a great film

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Line of duty new series due for easter, happy days!

DezB
    Free Member

Get Out is brilliant, even if you don’t like horrors.
    Obviously nowhere nesr as good as The Last Jedi or any other kid’s films 😉
    Loving ‘After Life’… never has the C word been used in such abundance!

rone

What, you figured it out?

Drac

Yeah the clues were blindly obvious.

BoardinBob

Wormwood is my most recent watch. A mix of a documentary and dramatisation of events around the death of a CIA agent involved in the MK Ultra project. Very good indeed.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having heard a lot about the film the twist/reveal was always coming and the reviews/chat had spoilt the surprise. Still enjoyed it though, coming in fresh it would have been better.

Merak

Just watched the Dawn Wall. Mind blowing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Triple Frontier with Ben Affleck.
    Good action in the South American jungle and a good soundtrack.

toby1

Enjoying Titans at the moment, some fairly savage violence at times though (which I quite enjoy).

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 3,914 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.