Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,893 total)
  • Netflix recommendations
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Watched the first episode of Suburra S2.

Probably gonna drop it though, still too daft.

geex
    Free Member

Not some gash film with John Malkovich and Spiderman featuring paintings that come to life and acting that doesn’t.

NFs wages dept must have money to burn

precutduck
    Free Member

Not Netflix but Amazon, they have all 8(?) seasons of Parks and Recreation, which if you are looking for something light in these somewhat dark days is just about perfect.

I back this up entirely, I would recommend skipping the first season though. Start at Season 2, it has a different feel and is simply much better. It also gets better as it goes on.

footflaps

Not on Netflix, but really enjoying CounterPart..

trailwagger
    Free Member

Not on Netflix, but really enjoying CounterPart..

I like the look of this, where can i find it?

footflaps

I like the look of this, where can i find it?

I think they (Starz) have an App. I just torrented it.

I guess eventually it will end up on Netflix or Amazon.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve watched a fair few documentaries on Netflix over the past few months:

Meru…. brilliant
    Icarus…. brilliant
    MaM…. great, series two was crap I thought
    Fyre… brilliant
    Ted Bundy Tapes…good, didn’t enjoy the last episode though
    Abducted in Plain Sight….great, very odd!
    The Vietnam Series was unreal
    Currently watched 2/4 of Evil Genius…. brilliant so far!

I’ve got Ken Burns’s Civil War stuff on my list of things to watch and also Valley Uprising and Wild Country. Might give the Sunderland one a whirl too, although I know sweet FA about football! Any others I should watch?

Drac

Starz channel is on Amazon Prime.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Starz channel is on Amazon Prime.

Starz channel? is that another subscription on top of prime?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Abducted in Plain Sight

Unbelievable how stupid, gullible, almost complicit the parents were!

DezB
    Free Member

Watched the first episode of Suburra S2

Aha! Nice one, I shall check that tonight. While I was waiting for series 2, I watched the Italian version of Skins as Netflix kept popping it on my screen: “Baby”. It was pretty good. But maybe just because it was Italian. Watched the whole lot anyway 🙂

Drac

Probably.

DezB
    Free Member

StarzPlay. I just typed it into my phone and it’s offering a free trial.

I just clicked on it and it takes me to Amazon Prime 😀

kerley
    Free Member

Umbrella Academy is a great series, superheroes with some dark humour as well. Has a Coen brothers feel. Already been signed up for a second series.

Yep, really enjoyed it. However it should not have a second series as the ending was great and continuing it on is probably a mistake.

DezB
    Free Member

And Prime calls it an “add on Subscription”

Sorry for the drip-feed

darthpunk
    Free Member

Umbrella Academy is a great series, superheroes with some dark humour as well. Has a Coen brothers feel. Already been signed up for a second series.

I concur, really enjoyed it. A bit daft and I thought it had a bit of a lighter hearted Watchmen about it

Abducted In Plain Sight will have you shouting at the telly.

footflaps

And Prime calls it an “add on Subscription”

Just sign up for the free week, watch it all and then cancel. Worst case you take another month and have to pay £4.99…

jimster01

Currently watching Dirty John, really good and engaging.

avdave2

I’ve got Ken Burns’s Civil War stuff on my list of things to watch

It’s quite something how the story of the people who fought in a war that ended over 150 years ago can be so moving. It really is worth watching. There is a scene in episode 2 where a letter from a soldier to his wife is read out and I can’t recall many things I’ve heard, read or seen that has had such an affect on me.

His series on WWII is also worth watching, the focus on what was happening at home as well as on the battlefield is particularly interesting and 80 years after the end of the Civil War shocking

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, Dirty John is good, thought it was a bit too California-ey for me at first, but it drops that quite quickly.

hols2
    Free Member

Counterpart is excellent.

Just finished watching The Umbrella Academy. It’s excellent, but, as you learn in the first episode, one of them can time travel. Time travel stories are frustrating because, if the characters can time travel, the obvious solution is to just go back in time and fix whatever started the problem in the first place. Also, the ending was unsatisfying to me, it’s more like they made half the season then decided to just take a break before finishing the story next season.

rone

Dirty John. Good so far. Got fed up of ponderous stuff recently. HoC s6 was hard work.

Also enjoyed Peaky Blinders S4 on Netflix.

sadexpunk

Currently watching Dirty John, really good and engaging.

Aye, Dirty John is good,

Dirty John. Good so far.

……aaaaaaand for balance, i thought this was the crappest boxset ive seen so far. boring, not one character was likeable, annoying daughters, annoying cast, no spoilers but the ending too….. :-/

DavidB
    Free Member

Thank you whoever recommend Rake. Fantastic series which I’m going to miss when i’ve finished it.

verses

Looking forward to seeing how bad/good/both this will be…

verses

Actually (not Netflix, but) if you’re into seeing 80s rock bands at their worst, there’s an excellent documentary on YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8VlhMHOPvw&feature=youtu.be

yetidave
    Free Member

the obvious solution is to just go back in time and fix whatever started the problem in the first place.

no, cause then there is no reason to go back in time to fix anything. So by not fixing it, it does happen, but by fixing it, you no longer need to fix it. or something.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That’s basic time travel 101, you exhaust all alternatives before trying the easy obvious option.

vondally
    Free Member

Umbrella academy brilliant, silly and some plot holes but brilliant
    Stars being number 4 Klaus and number 5, hazel. Just great!

footflaps

Looking forward to seeing how bad/good/both this will be…

That looks entertaining, saw them and their rotating drum station at Wembley in 1990 ish..

rone

Wow that scene came out of nowhere in Dirty John! – final episode.

Certainly delivers

There is also a documentary about him on Netflix.

Excellent series that gets much better half way through.

akira

Watching umbrella academy and doom patrol, both have potential but not sure what I prefer.

hols2
    Free Member

That’s basic time travel 101, you exhaust all alternatives before trying the easy obvious option.

What, go back in time and kill Hitler?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Thank you whoever recommend Rake. Fantastic series which I’m going to miss when i’ve finished it.

Awesome they have season 5!! It’s been a fun ride so far, the ABC does some great stuff

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The Defiant Ones, Documentary on Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine.
    Well put together and interesting look at the music industry.

jekkyl

I watched a horror movie on the Netflix at the weekend called ‘The Invitation’ about a guy and his girlfriend invited to a dinner party at his ex wife’s and husband’s house…turns out they’re now part of a cult…. nothing supernatural unfortunately but recommended.

jwt
    Free Member

Also really enjoyed Umbrella Academy. It’s about superhero’s so is a bit silly in places but some of the characters are really good to watch. Klaus especially…..

rone

I watched a horror movie on the Netflix at the weekend called ‘The Invitation’ about a guy and his girlfriend invited to a dinner party at his ex wife’s and husband’s house…turns out **********…. nothing supernatural unfortunately but recommended.

It’s an excellent film but you have given a little bit away there!

BillOddie

Change of pace in the Oddie household…New Amsterdam on Amazon Prime is quite good if you liked ER.

scuttler

This 10-parter starts tomorrow. Not sure if it’s already had a mention but looks infinitely more watchable than the races and the output of the F1 publicity machine itself.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/mar/07/netflix-f1-drive-to-survive-documentary-haas-ferrari-mercedes

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,893 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.