Viewing 40 posts - 18,161 through 18,200 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • kelvin

Seems a bit weird though why an anti-brexit nutter would punch someone who is both a racist and a hard brexiteer. Strange times.

Because everyone is a traitor for the people still buying into this. May, Corbyn, Barnier, Varadkar… they are all preventing us getting the “only considerable upsides” Brexit that we were promised, deserve, and voted for. Whatever happens after Brexit, these people will still be wound up and seeing traitors everywhere. Trying to appease them is pointless.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Gotta admire the Police sense of humour: “charged with assault by beating”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47438562

😀

willard

i bet Mr. Corbyn will be eggstatic that charges are being pressed

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

typical Corbyn – chickened out from fighting back

ctk
    Free Member

No doubt the RW media will use this eggainst him.

willard

Come on chaps, this is no yolking matter. First come the thrown eggs, then it’s assault and battery (hens).

binners

He does seem to have got himself in a pickle of late

outofbreath
    Free Member

A memorable event, I wonder if he’ll record it in his dairy?

Pieface

Egg pickle?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Vegan pickle, shirley?

Vader
    Free Member

Will he have to shell out on a lawyer?

Lucky he didn’t get battered. Although the accused would have no doubt flipped his plea at the last minute

Northwind

Funny though, Jim Murphy getting hit by an egg was one of the big moments of the scottish indy ref.

outofbreath
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/corbyn-quits-party-leaders-brexit-meeting-over-umunna-invite

Happy to talk to the IRA or Hamas “without preconditions” but won’t sit in a meeting with Chukka. Says it all.

AlexSimon

To be fair – Hamas are actually a political party 🙂

chestrockwell

Yep, don’t see what all the fuss is about. The conditions of the meeting were broken so he didn’t attend. Meh.

Does anyone truly think his attendance would have prevented Maybots meltdown or changed her course. Meh.

dazh

His mistake was attending in the first place. I tend to agree with Paul Mason…

binners

An insurrection against neoliberalism? Christ on bendybus! To the barricades comrades!!! Well… after our sociology class…. we’ll do the barricades thing then….

Is labour polling in single figures yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The enemy is *checks notes* CRYPTOFASCIST CAMEMBERT AND CRACKERS!

dazh

An insurrection against neoliberalism?

Well I wouldn’t have worded it quite like that but the principle is still sound. When people say Corbyn should be a ‘statesman’, what they really mean is that they want him be part of the establishment and operate within the parameters of a system which has completely failed everyone but a tiny few rich people. Call it what you like, but do you think we need more of the current failed status quo or something radically different which represents the interests of the vast majority of the people?

binners

I think its just cheese envy from the vegans, Flashy

mrlebowski
    Free Member

LOL at CFH & Binners!

Pieface

When is he going to launch a ‘No Confidence’ motion on himself?

tjagain

Corbyn refused to rule out Labour backing revoking article 50 – although he strongly played down the prospect. Asked if he would consider the idea, Corbyn said that was a hypothetical question. Pressed again on whether he was ruling this out, he said:

We think that what we are proposing can be achieved in the British parliament. We do believe we can construct a majority which will prevent the crashing out and all the chaos that will come from crashing out, and that is what we are absolutely focused on.

thats the Corbyn the hard leaver who wants no deal apparently.

binners

Uncle Jezza – as with any politician, ignore what they say and look at what they do

The present charge sheet:

1. Called for Article 50 to be triggered immediately, about 30 seconds after the referendum result came in
    2. Whipped his MP’s (oh the irony) to trigger Article 50
    3. Whipped his MP’s (oh… etc…) to vote against remaining in the customs union
    4. Whipped his MP’s (oh…) to vote against remaining in the single market
    5. Waffled a bit about red unicorns, when not on the allotment
    6. Whipped his MP’s (oh… oh… oh…) to abstain on a vote for a second referendum

I presume 7 will be ‘launch insurrection against neoliberalism’. Or ‘buy vegan cheese and organic gluten-free crackers’, or something….

But, no… you’re right… definitely not a Brexiteer. No siree. You must be mad to come to that conclusion

tjagain

Or look at what he says and has done? IE fought every step of the way for the softest of soft brexits. I know you hate him but does that hatred have to make you blind?

On the second referendum you do realise Alistair Campbell agreed that then was not the right time?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

NOW it makes sense!

binners

fought every step of the way for the softest of soft brexits.

Erm…. ok. You’ve read the list above? You know the bit about whipping his MPs to vote against remaining in the customs union and the single market, right? So when you say soft Brexit’ you mean an Iain Duncan Smith/John Redwood style ‘Soft Brexit’ yeah?

Anyways… I see Chuka Umunna everywhere, admits haunted Corbyn

dazh

I presume 7 will be ‘launch insurrection against neoliberalism’. Or ‘buy vegan cheese and organic gluten-free crackers’, or something….

I’ve always been puzzled that you rant about 6th form politics and post pictures of Monty Python, and then make daft comments like this, on top of wilfully ignoring simple facts as TJ has pointed out. It’s straight from Trump’s ‘alternative facts’ playbook. It’s all good fun but doesn’t help the argument or persuade anyone else.

And dare I ask what vegan cheese has to do with it?

binners
    kelvin

thats the Corbyn the hard leaver

Corbyn says literally nothing as regards recinding A50… and from that you want us to ignore his words and actions of the last 3 years (and for decades before)… right…

cranberry
    Free Member

People Magic Grandpa thinks we must talk to to find a solution:

outofbreath
    Free Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47691606

Good decision AFAIC. As she says: “An attack like this is an attack on our democratic process.”

Also, if you had a problem with Remaining JC is a bit of an odd target.

rone

He was sent a death threat too from the same guy.

outofbreath
    Free Member

He was sent a death threat too from the same guy.

Given that 28 days seems a bit light…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Anybody else notice that Corbyn is wearing glasses nearly all the time now, at least in photos, probably in an effort to make himself look more competant ready for a GE. Part of his teams grooming effort.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Well, he just looks like a pervert geography teacher now.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Secretly supports Spexit?

kerley
    Free Member

Anybody else notice that Corbyn is wearing glasses nearly all the time now, at least in photos, probably in an effort to make himself look more competant ready for a GE

Or maybe his eyes have deteriorated (not uncommon as people age) but yeah I am sure it is related to a GE…

DrJ

Or maybe his eyes have deteriorated

That can’t be right – it must be because he is a Marxist and an anti-Semite

<insert Life of Brian picture or hilarious reference to “Magic Grandpa”>

(Have I got the hang of this Corbyn-bashing yet? )

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Maybe he is so buys reading all the reports that don’t make the papers about the Tories being rampant islamaphobes?

Viewing 40 posts - 18,161 through 18,200 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.