Jeremy Corbyn

• This topic has 18,219 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 5 days ago by  avdave2.
Viewing 20 posts - 18,201 through 18,220 (of 18,220 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • ctk

Good effort drj. To get it spot on you need to channel a frothing Mark Francois a bit and throw in a few more bingo words “Venezuela” “sixth formers” “trident” etc

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

My eyes would go a bit wonky after sitting on the fence for so long

Since this thread got revived did JC ever confirm/deny walking out the the meeting ‘cos of Chukka?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/corbyn-quits-party-leaders-brexit-meeting-over-umunna-invite

Vince Cable says he did and the Labour spokesman didn’t deny it (more confirmed it really). So is it a fact that this happened and if so specifically what was the problem? Was it really just an objecting to a non-party leader being there? If so seems a bit petty given the gravity of the situation. Alternatively if it was just an excuse to avoid the meeting and getting tarnished with some of the blame for this farce it’s a pretty unfortunate issue to have picked.

So has it been denied outright anywhere? My google-fu is weak on this one.

ctk

He met may later. Quite right imo. C.U shouldn’t be there.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Whatever his exact reasons were, it was another timewasty May stunt and he gave it more respect than it deserved. Remember what the outcome was…

When she called for actual meaningful talks, he was there and took it a lot more seriously than she did. It’s a strange world if anyone can point the finger at Corbyn as being the problem in May’s inability to change or compromise.

Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

Particularly like this most recent poll. (Sure they change all the time and ultimately mean nothing but if Binners gets to point how they have a mystery 10pt lag – then I can show this.)

+8.6 pt lead.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

It’s a depressing state of affairs when the only real Pro Eu party is polling lower than UKIP.
    A labour GE win at this stage simply kicks off the process again for a red unicorn brexit and another waste of a year.

Premier Icon rone
    Subscriber

Other issues matter Mike?

So I completely disagree.

tjagain

DrJ

Or maybe his eyes have deteriorated

That can’t be right – it must be because he is a Marxist and an anti-Semite

<insert Life of Brian picture or hilarious reference to “Magic Grandpa”>

(Have I got the hang of this Corbyn-bashing yet? )

very good. Yes thats about it

johnx2

In this moment of national crisis, which politicians have done most to try to ensure risks of hard Brexit and dealless crashing out are minimised? Has it been the shitest main party leaders I can remember, IDS included? Nope. Cooper and Letwin have been about as effective as they could have been given their roles. How much better would the situation be if cooper was leader of the opposition? An effective and experienced leader, able to make things happen and carry people with her, and turn up the heat on a government so inefective it doesn’t warrant the name? Corbyn is part of the tragedy

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

So I completely disagree.

They do, which is why I’d much rather see Labour in coalition with another party at this stage. I can’t vote for a party who will continue with brexit – I note the poll does not include tig/change

tjagain

which politicians have done most to try to ensure risks of hard Brexit and dealless crashing out are minimised?

Corbyn? Trying to find the least damaging Brexit? Insisting on May removing some of her red lines while holding his badly split party together? BINO?

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

You should probably vote for him tj.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

rone

Subscriber

So I completely disagree

if you think that the next 10 years of Brexit negotiations wont swallow up all of the next 2 parliament’s focus, exactly as it has for the last 3 you are being very very optimistic

the WA is only about 80% of the stuff we need to negotiate

tjagain

If Cooper had been leader she would have been in the same bind as Corbyn. Dealing with a badly split party. Lage number threatening to walk as he is too brexity and another large part threatening to walk if he is not brexity enough

Also Letwin nor any other Tories will support anything coming from the Labour leader. Do you really think Cooper has not been acting with at least tacit consent from the leadership?

These issues remain no matter who the leader is.

I cannot think of anyone who meets the description but as someone else said what labour need is someone who can energise adn sell an idea. Corbyn is not the man for that but I cannot think of another person in the labour movement who has Blair type salesmans ability – and even he I doubt could do it. Coooper certainly could not. Nor Starmer nor Watson.

tjagain

mikewsmith

Subscriber

You should probably vote for him tj.

I can’t. I am a long way from Islington.

scotroutes

Another poll.

The Telegraph – Voting Intention and Brexit Poll – April 2019

This one by an actual polling organisation.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

“This one by an actual polling organisation.”

The last one posted was from Hanbury Strategy- a registered polling organisation, not to mention political analysis group set up by David Cameron’s advisor Ameet Gill and brexiteer Paul Stephenson.

Pure political propaganda and not be taken seriously, but it made I larf.

https://www.libdems.org.uk/corbyn-farage-quiz

avdave2

2 out of 6 for me!

Viewing 20 posts - 18,201 through 18,220 (of 18,220 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.