Home Forums Chat Forum It’s Premium Bonds draw day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 1,960 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • sprootlet
    Free Member

Better than nothing 2 x £25

Mr Sprootlet yet to check…….

poolman
    Free Member

250 here, 6.2% ytd, tax free too

zippykona

Me £25

Mrs Zip £125

Mrs Zips mum nothing.
    Not good considering we are maxed out.

Dickyboy

Similar to zippy – me £50 & Mrs £100 both maxed out.

sharkattack

£0 again for the second month in a row.

That’s made my decision. I’m moving it this month.

Nowhere near maxed out anymore so it’s obviously not worth it.

woody2000

£0 on £7k. Nothing since May :(

Blazin-saddles

That’s made me feel a bit better Woody.  I’ve had nothing in 10 months now on £10k.  However the ‘joint’ account that Mrs BS holds has done 7% return.

TheGingerOne

Another £500 in total this month, but possibly my last month due to house move. Might eek another month out of it.

Maxed out for just over a year and I have done very well out of it compared to savings rates. Most months I have won more than I should on average I would say and then helped further by a £5k prize.

I think you need to be close to max to have any chance of earning a decent return, else it is just spare money gambling.

johndoh
    Free Member

So, since last November, I have won a total of £150 on an approx £9k investment (goes up and down a bit depending on circumstances).

That’s crap.

Still, my meagre pension has grown by 12.5% in the last 12 months – I’ll be rich in my retirement (assuming I die at 70).

MrSparkle

£150 for us.

jbproductions
    Free Member

£150 here. Maxed out.

ElShalimo

£25 for me

£25 for my wife

We won’t be retiring soon

thelawman

2 x £50 for me, and 2 x £100 for Mrs Lawman this month. She’s on a better run than me just lately.

oldfart

Zilch this month ?Wife still on maximum so time to start looking at alternatives.

johnners
    Free Member

£50, which with my current building works out at 4.6%. Decent enough since it’s tax free and my allowance is maxed out.

andrewh
    Free Member

£100 for me, making £1,300 in the last twelve months, above the expected returns so I’m happy, and nowhere near maxed out either.

avdave2

2x £25 and 2x £100

pedlad

£250 – my biggest ever single month win woohoo. Man-maths now dictates I’m looking at the Deviate frame offers at £3k with renewed interest…….

bails

£175 this month, average return of 3.9% over 12 months. Not great, not terrible.

markoc1984

£25 this month on £7.5k, better than nothing.

jimster01

£50 for me this month, they must have known that I was going to move them out soon.

hooli

**** all again, I think I might move my fairly small amount to an ISA and save myself the monthly disappointment of checking the result.

RichBowman

Zero in 40-mumble years… :-). But it’s only something like £50 in there.

mrsheen
    Free Member

Just another measly £100. Hardly worth bothering.

(Sorry it’s my poor attempt at a STW style humble brag).

Edit: Actually looks quite paltry compared to some of the winnings!

poolman
    Free Member

I managed 3 months last year zero wins, max holding.  Cut my losses, fixed at 6%, now back in and having a good run.  Another 3 months of no wins I m out.

joelowden

£50 …not bad

grim168
    Free Member

Zero. Second month in a row on 6k

jimdubleyou

Nothing for me, not had a win since July

Mrs Dubs got £1025!

TheFlyingOx

£250 this month, which was nice. Only my second or third win in 2 years. A long way to go before I catch up with my sister though – she nabbed one of the £25k prizes at the beginning of the year.

oceanskipper

FA again. Withdrawing all .

mattyfez

Not a bean in my first draw this month.. Maximum amount too..

jolmes
    Free Member

£225 this month, puts us back up to ~£17k, need some good return as its all coming out in 8 months to pay for the attic so need some better winnings.  Last 12 months, we’re on a 9% return .

mattyfez

we’re on a 9% return .

That’s way better than you should normally expect, especially as you don’t have the maximum steak held… statisticlly speaking you could get nothing for the next 12 months and you still be better than average.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/savings/premium-bonds/

bentandbroken

Last 12 months my return is less than 3% which is close to the modal average that Martin Lewis talks about. I have started taking some out to put it to better use.

jolmes
    Free Member

That’s way better than you should normally expect, especially as you don’t have the maximum steak held… statisticlly speaking you could get nothing for the next 12 months and you still be better than average.

Yeah its great, the only time we haven’t won recently is when I’ve taken money out to pay for stuff.  I feel its totally linked and not just in my head at all….as soon as I start putting money in again I start winning…all totally in my head I know.  But its all I’ve got.

mattyfez

Yeah its great, the only time we haven’t won recently is when I’ve taken money out to pay for stuff. I feel its totally linked and not just in my head at all….as soon as I start putting money in again I start winning…all totally in my head I know. But its all I’ve got.

Well, a cash ISA over 12 months will give you about 4.8% guaranteed…

If youv’e made 9% on premium bonds in the last 12 months, then you have been very lucky, and beaten the odds!

It doesn’t meant you’ll do so well in the next 12 months if you do the maths though.

DT78
    Free Member

£25 on 20k. we are about 3% return. pretty bad

mattyfez

£25 on 20k. we are about 3% return. pretty bad

Is that over 12 months though? or a one off win? it’s still pretty bad, your money is beter off in a cash ISA, unless you have already maxxed out your ISA allowance for the year.

DT78
    Free Member

rolling 12 months, its our only easy access savings – in case of emergency.  Wife is resistant on moving as I’ve said for some time we appear to be one of the ‘losers’ in terms of return.  The possibilty a big win like lots on hear mention means she is hesitating to cash out and move to a better guaranteed return

kormoran
    Free Member

Ha ha I just got 350 quid! I’m stunned, there’s hardly anything in there. Ive only ever got 25 before.

I only set an account up when I moved house and wanted to park some cash for a couple of months  it’s basically empty now but I use it as an emergency fund. There’s far better options for saving, unless you’ve maxed everything out. I should be so lucky

Viewing 40 posts - 1,921 through 1,960 (of 1,960 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.