Home Forums Chat Forum It’s Premium Bonds draw day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 1,960 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • DT78
    Free Member

£100.  total over 6 months on 20k is £225.  Wife doesn’t want to move it to a savings account

markoc1984

£50 for me this month, total for 12 months works out at 3.3%

retrorick

Had a chat with someone who won a £5k prize this month. He was pleased with the win.

fatmountain
    Free Member

I got 50 quid too.

@retrorick

Do you get a special email or an amount like that or does it just show up like 50 quid would?

retrorick

He showed me the app notification that said 1 prize of £5000. I think it’ll be dropped in his pb account as he hasn’t maxed out yet…

mattyfez

Do you get a special email or an amount like that or does it just show up like 50 quid would?

I got £125 once, or it might have been £150, I can’t remember.. I just got an email saying ‘you’ve won a prize’, then you have to log into the website to see how much it is.

I don’t use the app, I didn’t know they had one lol.

TheGingerOne

Notifications no different be it £25 or £25k for sure. I think it is only the million where you get a physical visit.

StirlingCrispin

I use the prize checker site with my Holder’s number:

https://www.nsandi.com/prize-checker

I also get email notifications but ignore them.

I think it’ll be dropped in his pb account as he hasn’t maxed out yet…

That can be changed in your settings. Easy to set to transfer wins straight to another account,

jolmes
    Free Member

£250 this month, takes us up to 6.59% this year.  A little bit closer to the attic conversion total…

Caher

£200. Another month of toil.

johnners
    Free Member

£50. With my current holding that amounts to about what I’d get after paying tax on the interest from an easy access account.

That £1m is mine next time for sure.

dyna-ti

Does anyone here hold the max or near max amount of PB ?

Just wondering if its a better idea than my investing elsewhere in the usual isa type of thing.

andrewh
    Free Member

Nothing for me, but it’s my first winless month since last September so I can’t complain really.

Dyna, there was a bit a few pages back where it turns that a lot of people on here are maxed out. Sadly, I’m not one of those.

oceanskipper

FA again. Return so far is 3.25% . A few people I know regularly get £1000 or more even (or so they say) it’s never happened to me though. Biggest month so far is £125.

jimster01

Just been and checked the app, queue sinking feeling, nowt.

TheGingerOne

Another £325 from 6 prizes this month

StirlingCrispin

Nowt :(

Dickyboy

First time entrant after investing an inheritance – 2 x £100 on maximum holding, about the return I’d expect?

tjagain

yes

£200 for me

sadtomato
    Free Member

£5k for me – I’ll take that!

zippykona

Me £325

Mrs Zip £175

Mrs Zips mum £50

ElShalimo

£0 for me

£100 for my wife

Retirement postponed another month

Kramer
    Free Member

@dyna-ti

Just wondering if its a better idea than my investing elsewhere in the usual isa type of thing.

It depends on what the money’s going to be used for.

The law of small numbers means that relatively small amounts held for a short time are quite likely to have below inflation returns.

However for something like an emergency cash fund that you don’t use, over time it would be a better investment, with the added bonus that it’ll never go down in nominal value. However an instant saver account would do the same, especially if you’re below the tax threshold.

If it’s for long term investment, IME, it would be far better in a stocks and shares ISA.

Blazin-saddles

Does anyone here hold the max or near max amount of PB ?

For me, no.  I got £100 on full holding.  Would have been an easy £250 in a savings account.  It’s performing poorly for me this year, but I live in hope of a big win…

johndoh
    Free Member

£50 for me.

sharkattack

£0.

We have a much reduced pot due to a new car and holiday.

Started looking at S&S ISA’s but I know nowt about this stuff because I’ve never had any money.

poolman
    Free Member

100 quid on max holding, 3 months in and 6.2% annualised return, tax free of course so q happy.

mattyfez

Started looking at S&S ISA’s but I know nowt about this stuff because I’ve never had any money.

I’ve started watching this guys channel, it seems pretty good – there’s a lot of videos about different types of savings and investments….

https://www.youtube.com/@chrispalmer24/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

spyke85
    Free Member

Naff all again on a £10k holding.

woody2000

Nada

onewheelgood

£225 this month, £2350 in the last year, about 5.5% return.

Kramer
    Free Member

@sharkattack if I could give one piece of advice to my younger self, it would be not to let not knowing stop me from getting started on saving.

snaps
    Free Member

£100+£500+£100 – very nice

joelowden

Mrs J-l wins again..£150 … Nowt for me .

retrorick

A reasonable win of £200 from 3 prizes. I feel as if I will need to ride the depreciating interest rate wave for the next few months by reducing my pb holdings. I’ll then return the cash to pb’s once I’ve reached the interest rate threshold in the new year. Quizical face emoji.

bearnecessities

After a dry run, 1 x £500 on nowhere near max. Very chuffed.

Caher

A set of tyres – £100.

retrorick

1 crisp £100 note. I’m contemplating my options but I think I’ll keep my premium bonds for the time being.

ratherbeintobago

2x nothing here, which is odd.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nothing here :-(

Viewing 40 posts - 1,881 through 1,920 (of 1,960 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.