Home Forums Chat Forum It’s Premium Bonds draw day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,960 total)
  • It’s Premium Bonds draw day.
  • Kamakazie

Money Saving Expert have some good info on this.

Basically, the less invested, the less likely you are to achieve the headline 4.4% returns, and on average the lower you returns will be. That said, some people have won the top prize with a few hundred or less invested so their returns are unbeatable!

Caher

Big zero.

frankconway
    Free Member

And another failure to win.

oceanskipper

3 prizes , £25, £50 and £100.

anderzz
    Free Member

I guess people only use this when they’ve maxed their isa and pension contributions etc?

Just seems like a really bad place to keep money unless done purely for tax reasons.

No chance of me ever having 50k spare so maybe I’m not their target market lol.

Edit. Apologies this has been said already.

kerley
    Free Member

£175 from reduced pint of £43K.  Won’t be losing much when this money comes and and goes towards an extension in a few months.

Just seems like a really bad place to keep money unless done purely for tax reasons.

IME yes it is but then the gambler/dreamer in me sees that bigger win that I won’t get from an ISA.

zippykona

£175 for me

£75 for mrs zip

£50 for mrs zips mum

I’m the only one who did better than Chase.

ElShalimo

£275 for me

£100 for my wife

😎

JonnyC
    Free Member

No chance of me ever having 50k spare so maybe I’m not their target market lol.

Yeah, that kind to money I wouldn’t be using premium bonds. You’d be getting well over £150 a month at least even in quite a bog stand savings account.

I have a £1k and may put a bit more in just for the fun and chance of a bigger win.

joelowden

2 x £100 for me. Zero for Mrs JL.

myti
    Free Member

£100 that makes up for the last few months of nothing!

johnners
    Free Member

I guess people only use this when they’ve maxed their isa and pension contributions etc?

Or they need to keep some savings more liquid and like a bit of a punt? Or they’re retired and past the point where paying into a long term investment like a pension is less viable?

Anyway, £100 for me this month, equivalent to a 5% return on my holding, so just about keeping up with what I’d get from an easy access account. I’ll leave it there another month.

retrorick

£100 for me. Pays some bills or buys some social activity for the month ahead. 🤔

tjagain

Nowt for me this month

Kramer
    Free Member

Nowt for me.

It’s my rainy day money, so not serious savings.

TheGingerOne

Won 5 prizes again this month though less than I’ve spent at Wiggle CRC in their closing down sale 🤣

sharkattack

£175

That’s our 6th month and we’ve had at least £100 in every draw.

It’s hard to work out an exact percentage as I keep adding every month but we’re comfortably over the interest rate for now.

zippykona

Mrs Zips friend won a 100k last year.

Means they can retire at 60.

It does happen.

imnotverygood

Just seems like a really bad place to keep money unless done purely for tax reasons

Have you seen the thread on here where people post how much interest they’ve made on their savings account each month?
    Thought not 😀

thelawman

Wowzers, as they say. £600 for me – I’ve never had that much in one go before, in 40-odd years (£500 and 2 x £50)
    And £200 for Mrs Lawman.

Pretty happy here.

DT78
    Free Member

zero. again. so return is less than 2.5% now. wife doesnt want to move it though.

Kryton57

Wahey £250, perfectly timed to pay the last instalment for Jnr’s braces.

stugus
    Free Member

Nothing last month, £100 today!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

£625 here, biggest yet.

Kramer
    Free Member

@ElShalimo

£100 for my wife

Is she a looker? 😇😉

ElShalimo

I couldn’t possibly comment

🙃

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

People comparing premium bond returns against bank interest rates need to factor in that premium bonds winnings are tax free . Last year I beat what I would have got from bank interest . This year 3 months and 3 £100 wins puts me about where I would be with the money in a bank

kerley
    Free Member

I would guess that a lot of people who are not requested/forced to fill in a self assessment are declaring things like interest on savings?  I doubt I would be.

Kryton57

Well you have to have £20k at the lower tax rate and £10k at the higher rate in a 5% account to get to the amount you’d need to declare.  But really that first £20k should be in an ISA, so really you have £40k/£30k (double if you have an accommodating wife)   Then it goes into PB’s.  That’s a fair amount of savings for the average person.

On that note I’ve always wondered how invested monies work – say you have a non isa/SIPP Vanguard account  and it’s made money, I assume it’s not declared until you withdraw it? Becuase of course it could go down again, so technically you haven’t made money until it’s withdrawn….

jbproductions
    Free Member

Correct – for a non ISA/SIPP fund or share you would only pay Capital Gains Tax when you sell.

Anyway – £150 on the Premium bonds for me this month.

mboy
    Free Member

£100 for me this month… On £1k invested. First win in 4 months, but still v good going.

Have added another £1k in in the meantime too… See what happens!

andrewh
    Free Member

I’m going to get in first this month, £200 😁

That’s my second–highest ever. I’m well ahead of my expected return this year so I’m happy.

jimster01

Big fat zero this time, seems to be a recurring theme, win one month, nothing the next.

kerley
    Free Member

£25 which I suppose is £25 more than I got in February.  At least I won’t miss this money when I take it all out to go towards an extension in a few months time.

snaps
    Free Member

2 x £50 this month

zippykona

Me £25

Mrs Zip £350

Mrs Zips mum £50

bails

£50 here

JonnyC
    Free Member

Nothing for me 😭

grim168
    Free Member

Nothing since November on £6000 invested

ElShalimo

£0 for me

£175 for my wife

Viewing 40 posts - 1,681 through 1,720 (of 1,960 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.