Home Forums Bike Forum Weeksy08 the ongoing racing trials and tribulations of a crazy teen

• This topic has 2,768 replies, 171 voices, and was last updated 2 hours ago by weeksy.
Viewing 9 posts - 2,761 through 2,769 (of 2,769 total)
  • Weeksy08 the ongoing racing trials and tribulations of a crazy teen
  • bigdaddy

In that case, great picture!

weeksy

Did exactly the same thing in his race run, so will be somewhere near last.

Showed a great attitude though after the race

“Stacked it in roots, same place, don’t care though, went soooo fast after that to the bottom ?? ”

That’s more important than the result sometimes

Tracey

Agreed. Main thing is he got back up and finished.

It’s all experience at that level

weeksy

randr-photo-14700333-3000px-by-bikestuffphotos

weeksy

weeksy

Excellent service by SRAM via blazing bikes, got a new set of X01 cranks in the post today. Of course you could argue they should never have failed.

IMG_20241011_132055

They’ve gone straight into eBay to fund a new set of Saints.

The boy is racing Rogate world championships this weekend (hey, it’s not my name lol)

Not sure yet if I’m taking him or mrs Weeksy as I’m down with man flu.

weeksy

Well Sunday was a bit of a day as usual. Rogate events can be a bit weird as they’re really short at times, but then again yesterday you had 3 World Cup riders racing, along with 3 out of the fastest 4 in National Enduro racers in Youth along with people like Lucas Craik (Ethans brother) and Luca Thurlow (WC Racer), it’s a ‘locals place’ and the MB Cyclery kids are devstatingly quick. It’s a weird sandy terrain which can be hard to get used to the grip levels etc.
    Morning practice is timed and the boy came in with 5th in practice with the main contingent ahead of him being the MB Cyclery locals as we’d expect. Most of them are expecting to go to World Cups in Enduro next year and as i say, they’re just fassssssssst. He’s raced a few of them at various events before and both have been super quick..
    The biggest problem we had though was with the Privateer 141 and it’s sizing. I love this thing as a bike, he’s had it 2 years now and we’ve done 1 headset change and 1 bearing, other than that, it’s not been touched. But in the last 6 months it hasn’t actually done much at all in the way of riding. Mostly because it’s a P2 size (Medium) and that’s quite simply just too small for him, so he’s clambering all over the bike and perched in the wrong position.
    Before his race run i had one of his mates Ed coming over to chat, their freehub was making VERY weird noises, so i stripped the hub in the back of the van but couldn’t diagnose it so ended up throwing our spare wheel in his bike for race runs… Which would have been OK, if it wasn’t for the fact he’s running full 27.5 whoops. So he ended up racing on a reverse mullet with a 29er on the rear. But he got down both run and set times, so all good. Day saved :)

Both runs for the lad went mostly OK, i was watching from various places and was glad i’d not done what i’d thought about and entered it… I’m not sure i was getting down 1 section at all… let alone with me still attached to the bike !! He made a mistake gapping a root on run 2 which slowed his time, but ended up (we think) with P6 which isn’t bad, isn’t amazing, but the guys who were quicker were the guys we’d expect to be quicker and are far from slow lads.
    In hindsight i wonder if he’d have been quicker on the more familiar and suited Session, but i offered him it the night before to put in the van and he said no. So he got what we took.

It was good to catch up with mates though, even though i really wasn’t on form as i’ve been struggling with the man-flu currently and mostly just felt sorry for myself all day. It won me a few sympathy votes though :D

IMG-20241014-WA0001

Speeder

Is the large Privateer not the obvious thing? Or are they no longer part of the team package?

weeksy

Rampage line they’ve built at the local.

Nutter boy was the guinea pig

Viewing 9 posts - 2,761 through 2,769 (of 2,769 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.