Home Forums Bike Forum Hanging bicycles from ceilings- with dropper posts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hanging bicycles from ceilings- with dropper posts.
  • vincienup
    Free Member

I’ve got a fairly high kitchen ceiling and a lot of exposed beams so fixing and siting will be simple.

After a quick google it seems people usually hook the stem and the back of the saddle. Obvs with a dropper this isn’t a good plan.

Suggested alternatives?  As simple as just turn it upside down and lift it by the rims?  I might prefer to have the wheels off though for clearance on the back door…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hang by one wheel? Or wil, that cause issues waling past?

If not drop saddle and hang by frame

devs
    Free Member

Hanging by the saddle is fine with a dropper as long as they are fully extended. The 2 reverbs I’ve knackered have been by picking the bike up out on the trail by the saddle when it’s been down.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What devs says, not an issue.

cb200
    Free Member

That’s how I store my bike at work, always making sure Reverb is fully extended. No problems so far.

convert

Caution with upside down solution – some forks leak with prolonged upside down time. Confirmed in manual as a thing so notjust a dodgy pair.

nedrapier

How are you going to get it up there?  rope and pulley?  If you’re doing that, just hook round the seatstay junction and stem instead? If you’re lifting it up with your hands on seattube and fork leg, have the seatstay hook on a bit of webbing.

stevextc
    Free Member

YMMV depending on the seat post…

My experience is you only need to sneeze in the general direction of a Reverb but other alternatives are nowhere near so sensitive.

Even with a Reverb as above .. make sure it’s extended fully and it should be OK… but equally a £2 toestrap/luggage strap or tied bit of old inner tube type thing around the frame instead is obviously safer

benp1

You could easily get a strap around the seatstay /seatpost junction, would save any grief

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hanging bicycles from ceilings- with dropper posts.’ is closed to new replies.