Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 592 total)
  • Gigs 2019-2020
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Just seen Shihad in Shepherd’s Bush. Was quite good fun – formulaic pop-rock from down under. I’d never heard of them.

T’was full of Kiwis & Ozzies.

sofaking
    Free Member

In Notts last night
    Wonk unit. good as ever
    Riskee and the ridicule. suprise of the night despite their bad name , were excellent
    The reverends as solid as ever

Sandwich

Northwind, the Sandwich family saw Frank in Cardiff. As you say some unusual choices in songs and arrangements. It probably fits with his books and expands upon them. The newest album is a bit of a challenging listen and more towards the folk end of his repertoire. St David’s Hall isn’t the first place I wold think of for a Frank Turner gig mind as it’s all seated.

It would seem that marriage has removed some fire and turned up the introspection.

Emily Barker was good and we saw her again in a coffee shop for breakfast the following morning.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah. Fat White Family were on top form last night. Lias chucked himself into the crowd during almost every song. I got hit in the face from his mic 😂 The new venue, Chalk was rammed. For a new venue, it was a bit of a disappointment, the layout is odd. Good atmosphere though, but we missed the support as, like The Haunt it replaced, it has 10pm curfew so they’re on stupidly early. Next gig, last of the year, is tomorrow: !!! & Babii – gonna be groovy

Pigface
    Free Member

Saw D-A-D at Dingwalls last week, great show and the sound was spot on.

CountZero

It’s just the standing up for 2 hours that I can’t do anymore…

I prefer to call it dancing

Even if I did do dancing once upon a time, (energetic bouncing up and down in reality), a shonky knee puts it out of the question these days!

@jate
    – good to meet up at Maria’s gig in London, not entirely sure how you knew it was me… 😁
    Good to find out that there’s going to be new music from her at long last, and now she’s a resident of That London a tour shouldn’t be a logistical nightmare either.
    Recently saw that Sisters of Mercy are playing Bristol, been quite a few years since I last saw them, I think at Birmingham NEC, ‘Vision Thing’ popped up on shuffle on my phone this afternoon, and has made me want to see them again.

richardkennerley

Currently sat waiting for the Blinders to come on, but the rest of my group have bailed after a long day out, don’t know how long I can bear being sat by myself waiting. There’s a support act on now, that means I’ve got that long awkward gap until the “main event”

richardkennerley

How long can you wait by yourself? I kinda don’t really mind…. But I’m basically a 40 yr old bloke waiting by himself in the local indie disco. Hoe long would you give it!?

Ambrose

Boy #1 works took me to The Chemical Brothers in Cardiff on Thursday. Blown away, just superb.

Some random bloke staggers up, ‘I’m f***ING Mullered, got any pills? ‘ he sort of says. ‘Hi Keef’ says #1 son. Seems to be wholly normal in his world.

I’ve led a sheltered life.

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate went to see the last Slayer gig (allegedly) at the L.A. Forum over night. From the Marquee in the Haunting the Chapel days to the Forum. An interesting journey.

rone

Ride last night at Sheffield uni.

Great sound, ridiculously loud but still enjoyed it. A few too many new ones for me, but this wasn’t a back catalogue tour.

Marin
    Free Member

Wonderstuff last night. Good fun indiepop night out.

sparksmcguff

Going to see the Ronettes Christmas show in Edinburgh on the 23rd. Realise it will be carried by a mediocre backing band, but still, the thought of seeing the legend that is Ronnie Spectator is exciting.

DezB
    Free Member

!!! + BaBii superb finish to the year. Much grooving and sweatiness 😊
    Little chat with BaBii afterwards, what an odd character! Talented though! so bought a cd off her. Roll on 2020.

verses

Got tickets to see Squid at Norwich Arts Center next spring. It’ll be the first gig I’ve been to on my own…
    #BillyNoMates

donks
    Free Member

Fat White Family were darn good last night in that there London. Well worth the train faff of getting there and the flippin great hang over I have at work today.
    Actually really like the venue also which was earth in Dalston (hackney). It was much better than earlier described on here but perhaps the band were better suited to the venue? Anyway.. top night.

Cougar

Faith No More have just announced UK dates for 2020. Presales start tomorrow. Get in!

Some random bloke staggers up, ‘I’m f***ING Mullered, got any pills?

You’ll get like that after drinking eight pints of yogurt.

Cougar

Though, that’s not 2019 is it. One abuse of moderator powers for a ninja edit coming up…

docrobster
    Free Member

rone

Subscriber
    Ride last night at Sheffield uni.

Great sound, ridiculously loud but still enjoyed it. A few too many new ones for me, but this wasn’t a back catalogue tour.

damn. Shame I missed that. Heard their new song the other day and really liked it.
    Ride at take 2 in attercliffe 1990 ish is still in my list of best gigs ever. Saw them last year at the cure gig in Hyde park and was a bit “meh” but a small sweaty uni venue would be great place to see them.

DezB
    Free Member

Got tickets to see Squid at Norwich Arts Center next spring. It’ll be the first gig I’ve been to on my own…

I’ve been #Billynomates to Squid gigs twice!! Got let down both times. To be fair, my mate was gutted, cos they was brill. Got em again in March at the Joiners in Soton (weeny venue). Hopefully will have a #Squidfwend for that one 🙂

binners

Off to see Idles at the Academy tomorrow night. YAY!!!! Never seen them live before so I’m rather looking forward to this one. Even better, my regular gig-partner mate has packed in drinking so says he’s happy driving, so a few lukewarm cans of Red Stripe are in order for me, possibly a post-gig kebab in Abduls then a lift home. BOOM!!! 😀

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Really got back into gigs this year. Seen Confidence Man, Sunn O))), Pond and have Khruangbin in Brixton tonight.

sadexpunk

Off to see Idles at the Academy tomorrow night. YAY!!!! Never seen them live before so I’m rather looking forward to this one. Even better, my mate has packed in drinking so is happy driving, so a few lukewarm cans of Red Stripe are in order then a lift home. BOOM!!! 😀

off to leeds on thursday, seen em 3 times now, youre in for a treat!

DezB
    Free Member

Off to see Idles at the Academy tomorrow night.

Moshing is mandatory!

Northwind

****ing hell, literally just saw Frank Turner and he’s announced another tour

Also just got tickets for Brass Against in Glasgow, and Idlewild on Hogmanay- Idlewild were basically dead to me after they turned into Happy REM but they supported Biffy at hogmanay a few years back and unexpectedly rocked the **** out. So it seems appropriate.

duncancallum

Massive waggons saturday

In the tenclub raffle for tickets to pearl jam in Krakow in June.

Might go Germany to see massive waggons again in april.

Might go see the Wildhearts again too

sadexpunk

Off to see Idles at the Academy tomorrow night.

as i mentioned before, we’re off to see Idles in Leeds tomorrow and we’ve got 2 spare tickets now.
    forgive the stealth ad (ive just put these up on classifieds) but its getting a bit late in the day to sell these by twickets/online.

if nobody takes em ill easily sell them before the gig, but id rather a stw’er got them 🙂

if youre interested, go to the ad and get in touch.

cheers

wordnumb
    Free Member

FNM tickets acquired for next Summer. Wuz robbed.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Gah! Forgot about the Faith No More presale. Will try my luck tomorrow.

Got 10Club tickets for Pearl Jam though 👍

Might do a billynomates and see Mark Lanegan next week.

binners

Well that was pretty ****ing intense! One of the most full on gigs I’ve ever been too. Absolutely ****ing blinding!!! 😃

If you’re near Leeds tomorrow you could do worse than get those tickets off sadexpunk

choppersquad
    Free Member

Underworld at Wembley on Saturday night.
    It’s been on my bucket list for a very long time.
    I hear they’re pretty damned good live.

paulhaycraft

Might do a billynomates and see Mark Lanegan next week

London? Exactly what I’m doing!

Stainypants

On my way home from Underworld in Manchester absolutely brilliant. Far better than Chemical brothers a few weeks ago. @choppersquad your in for a treat.

On the last train to Macc its hell it the Cheshire version of the night bus. Now I remember why I drive to gigs.

Wedding Present next week it will be the third time I’ve seen them do Bizarro this year.

Northwind

Marin

Wonderstuff last night. Good fun indiepop night out.

I sort of blundered into their show at Camden Rocks this year, only really knew the hits… What a bloody amazing gig that was. Not least because of falling in love with the violinist.

65 Days of Static just announced a tour, way out next May. Been a while, definitely want to get to that one.

sadexpunk

Well that was pretty ****ing intense! One of the most full on gigs I’ve ever been too. Absolutely ****ing blinding!!! 😃

as was last night, theyre really on top form at the moment. had an ace night, mrs ex-p loves them too, she even met dev whilst nipping to the toilet and had a photo taken with him. then we met bobo outside the pub later, another photo opportunity, she loves that sort of thing 😀
    im more pleased for her really, she was a bit anxious of going to see them at a sweaty, crowded gig, shes only seen them at a festival before. as luck would have it tho we got right to the front for the support band (metz, also excellent) and we stayed there for idles too, never thought she’d do that.

a thoroughly ace night.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah yeah, I’ll get ready for the abuse but sod it I’ve just booked me and mrsws to go watch tong and the heritage orchestra in Brum. My mum and dad booked it ages ago and I’m gonna chaperone them whilst they get pilled up. Rave on 🤘

binners

Why would you get abuse. We went to the first Hacienda Classical at the Bridgewater Hall. It was ace!

We thought ‘this is going to go one way or the other – it’ll be great is it’ll be shite’

It was the former. It absolutely went off! Full of pilled up 40-something’s 😃

Enjoy!

theotherjonv

Wedding Present for me tomorrow night, second time in little over a month but it’s Bizarro in full this time.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It was the former. It absolutely went off! Full of pilled up 40-something’s 😃

Enjoy!

I hope to **** no one offers me mum a pill or it will be on! Original raver of age 64. She’ll be having it large I’m sure whilst we flip jobs and I’ll be looking out for her. If I get any one of pjanoo, Delmar or adagio with a proper orchestra I’ll be a happy lad. Rave on 🤘

Possibly going to see Broken Witt Rebels in Birmingham next weekend, tied in with some Christmas market stuff and/or Digbeth Dining Club

Bought tickets today to see Pearl Jam and the Pixies at BST Hyde Park next July.

Also bought today, ticket to see Return of the Jedi at Royal Albert Hall with the London Symphony Orchestra doing the live score in October

Reminder set in calender for release date of Aerosmith UK show tickets, can’t remember when.

Will also be the obligatory 4 day Y-not festival just up the road at the end of July

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 592 total)

The topic ‘Gigs 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.