Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 592 total)
  • Gigs 2019-2020
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Maybe a bit late to be starting in Feb, but whatevs bro…

Let’s all sneer at one another’s live music choices and whinge about people that **** insist on **** videoing the gig on their **** phones. 😀

Who’ve you seen so far and what’s planned for the year ahead?

scud
    Free Member

Following the trend- off to see Idles in Norwich at the end of March and then Sleaford Mods for a second time in April..

egb81
    Free Member

Sumac in Bristol in March.

Arctangent festival in August. Super excited about that as the lineup is pretty tidy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Will be seeing Idles at Green Man later in the Summer – looking forward to that.

And saw Sleaford Mods year before last at the same festival. They’re cracking live. Really enjoyed their set.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sumac in Bristol in March.

Ah I see they’re playing The Exchange. I’m tempted. It’s such a cracking venue. 2 of the best gigs I’ve been to have been there. Nice beer too!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

John Grant last week, Glasgow

Pictish Trail next week – Glasgow

Smoove & Turrell sometime soon – can’t remember the date! Edinburgh

Quite fancy Sleaford Mods and also on the lookout for Black Futures but not coming to Scotland any time soon..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

John Grant last week, Glasgow

Saw him late last year in Bath – so technically not allowed on the thread but I assume same tour. Not really a fan, but I really enjoyed it. He’s a good bloke.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Submotion Orchestra next Friday (15th Feb) in Hackney then Nils Frahm in Manchester on Sunday 17th Feb. March is Gentleman’s Dub Club in Northampton on Friday 30th and April is Unkle in London on Friday 19th.

verses

Saw Estrons last week at Cambridge Portland Arms
    Hoping to catch Wildhearts at Norwich, but not booked yet
    Planning on doing the Friday at Download
    Taking mini-V to first gig/festival, which will be the Friday at Latitude
    Mrs and Mini V are also going to see Ed Sheeran, I’m washing my hair that day… ahem…

Nothing else booked/planned yet.

Crag
    Free Member

Slim pickings for me so far this year so far.

Saw Rival Sons earlier this week who were great.

Got Neneh Cherry (don’t judge!) next week.

arrpee
    Free Member

Bob Mould next month.

Up yis.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Frank Turner last month which was brilliant, especially having a little mosh with him when he piled into the crowd. Hotpots booked again for March but that’s literally just for a good old laugh. Props ynot festival and that’s it at the mo…

jam-bo

chemical brothers at eden hopefully.

the-muffin-man

Not a lot for me so far…

Chvrches next week
    Sundara Karma in April
    YNot Festival in July – Idles playing there, so looking forward to that.

sadexpunk

Following the trend- off to see Idles in Norwich at the end of March

sheffield for me…..also trail of dead and six by seven have got gigs but just cant get off me ass to book em at the mo.

oh, also got tix for the macc lads in december 😀

theotherjonv

Sleaford Mods in april too. Apposite as well, as I’m now pretty much confirmed as of today that in 3 months I too shall be ‘jobseeker’

toby1

CANCER BATS tonight. I’m not shouting but I probably will be tomorrow.

Saw Estrons last week at Cambridge Portland Arms

I was away, how was it?

Stoner
    Free Member

whinge about people that **** insist on **** videoing the gig on their **** phones.

how else would you know what you’re missing? :p

Anyway, saw these guys earlier this week. Fantastic sound. Not exactly ground breaking, but theyre French and good fun.
    https://theairplane.bandcamp.com/

Northwind

Craig Finn from the Hold Steady solo last night, supporting Brian Fallon. Tonight, And You Will Know Them By The Trail Of Dead in Glasgow, yaaaas

Coming up- the Wildhearts, Camden Rocks, 3 nights of the Hold Steady in London, Bob Mould (an experiment)

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Flying Lotus and Marc Rebillet so far and have got a Steve Reich thing, James Blake and Actress coming up, also Machina Bristronica which is a kind of a synthy gig thing.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Blue Rose Code in St Lukes in Glasgow soonish I think, and Teenage Fanclub at the Kelvingrove bandstand in the summer.

beej

King King tonight at KoKo in Camden. Blues rock.

gallowayboy

Nothing seen so far this year and nothing planned as yet. Got excited when GallowayMs stated Stereolab were playing at the local club…..checked it out and it was Stereo MCs…ah well.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Nowt so far ..but I’m really really p—ed off that I’m not going to make it to the Thinktank in Newcastle tomorrow night to see the Virginmarys ..

CountZero

Sadly, due to expense incurred getting my computer fixed, Greenman may be off the agenda again this year.
    I’ve still got King Crimson on their 50th Anniversary tour in June, and Sleeper in April in Bristol.
    The Joy Formidable and Big Thief are both playing Bristol, so I might go and see them again, I saw Big Thief at Greenman and liked them a lot, and it’s been a long time since TJF have played Bristol, so I’ll see how the money goes.
    Oh yeah, Elbow are playing Bristol later this year, so I’m looking at tickets for them as well.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Craig Finn from the Hold Steady solo last night, supporting Brian Fallon.

Ooooh – love The Hold Steady, and Gaslight Anthem. How was the solo show?

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

The Cure in Glasgow
    Tim Minchin (also in Glasgow)

Not been to any in ages!

RustySpanner

Blue Oyster Cult, Bob Mould and The Wailers.

Last time I saw BOC they genuinely forgot where they were playing…..”Helloooo (pause, looks at setlist) Manchester!” Fantastic.

dirkpitt74

Was supposed to be seeing Ozzy Osbourne this weekend but tour postponed due to illness – get well soon Ozzy 🤘

Off to see Jack Savoreti over Cannock Chase in July.

Might try and catch KISS too if tickets still available.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

For me, so far, Young Fathers at Bristol Academy – were great, though very similar show to last year at Trinity so lacked a bit of freshness – and they were very bloody late coming on stage.

And on Tuesday night, I went to see Ghetts at Thekla Bristol – I like Grime and am in a bit of a wilderness amongst my peers. 🙂 Walking back to grab a late bus home, I ended up strolling with a few young lads that had been to the gig, asked them if they enjoyed it – they did! As I crossed the road to the bus stop, one of them shouted (in the nicest possible fashion), “No offence mate, but how do you know about Ghetts?” Cheeky little shitehawks. 😆

Upcoming, The Dead South & Du Blonde.

DezB
    Free Member

Last band I saw was in December – Squid. Very cool, catch em if you see a tour. They supported Duds, who were very very bouncy, I couldn’t stay til the end though.
    Joy Formidable in a couple of weeks. Seen them before and they were damn good. Musta been cos I paid £20! Twenty pounds!
    Fat White Family sometime, mate bought tix, so dunno when that is. Be the 3rd time for them. New stuff sounds good though.
    Got HEALTH at the end of March. They’re quality, not seen them live before.
    Then Vessel, then These New Puritans in April.
    Nothing booked after that. Well, apart from Jimmy Carr in 2020!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, apart from Jimmy Carr in 2020!

You’re banned from the thread DebZ. :p

prawny

I’m playing with my band supporting an American gothy hardcore band next Tuesday, quite interested to see them, not my normal cup of tea but better than some of the other hands I’ve supported in the past

Week after Mrs P and I are off to see the Lemon Twigs in Brum, can’t wait for that.

That’s it so far, I was planning to see Cancer Bats and A during IV week but I as stuck at a work thing in London Village for A and then I forgot to book Cancer Bats 😣

Might go and see Ryan Roxie with a guy from work, again not my normal cup of tea but I can try and brown nose my way to the middle while I’m there 😂

Stoner
    Free Member

“No offence mate, but how do you know about Ghetts?”

it’s heart-breaking watching old men fight the dying of the light.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Stoner

U ok Hun? You seem in need of a bit of attention.

fatoldgit

Slow start to the year for me, only 2 confirmed so far
    Holy Moly and the Crackers at Thorner Village Hall
    And
    The Orielles at the Belgrave Music Hall
    Plus 2 if I can sort tickets
    Alabama 3 accoustic at The Brudenell
    And
    Sleaford Mods at Fibbers

nbt

nowt as yet, but tickets booked for:

Take That and Rick Astley at the MEN

Stereophonics and Kylie on successive nights at Lytham Festival, then the closing Proms night with Sheridan Smith and Michael Ball

Stoner
    Free Member

I dont think nbt is taking this seriously either dd 🙁

Philby

Massive Attack – March
    Some classical gig – can’t remember name – April
    Muse – June
    New Order – July

All in Bristol

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dont think nbt is taking this seriously either dd

R u sure ur ok hun?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 592 total)

The topic ‘Gigs 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.