Viewing 32 posts - 561 through 592 (of 592 total)
  • Gigs 2019-2020
  • Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Black Midi in Manchester in June

Good luck with that 🤪

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Seen them before, technically incredible for their age, so tight, drummer in particular is awesome.

Orlando Weeks in Leeds next week.

Playing brand new solo material.

So glad I caught one of the final Maccabees concerts in Mcr – sadly missed.

cb200

Saw Field Music on Friday in Nottingham. A bit proggy; they played a new concept album in its entirety for the first two thirds of the show.

I enjoyed the more upbeat final third much more. Great interesting band with some very clever stuff going on. Clever, good sense of humour, good sound, tight and fine harmonies.

Premier Icon RichPenny
    Subscriber

Booked End of the Road Festival. So Pixies, Bright Eyes, Angel Olsen and loads more ๐Ÿ™‚ Probably going to be the most expensive gig ticket ever, as I’m buying a house in next village just so I can walk there ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Got em. Oh, I am ridiculously excited.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Just seen that Idles are playing a warm up at the 1865 in Southampton next month – it’s only a ~700 capacity venue. That’d be amazing. Sold out before I got there though.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

Just seen that Idles are playing a warm up at the 1865 in Southampton next month โ€“ itโ€™s only a ~700 capacity venue. Thatโ€™d be amazing. Sold out before I got there though.

but not before my missus got there ๐Ÿ˜€ its a long journey down but i think shes more excited than me!
    dez, if i hear of two tickets going at any time, would you want me to stick my oar in and get one/two for you?

johndoh

Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs in April at Leeds Uni is my next gig. Not entirely sure I will be able to cope with circa. 2 hours of the racket but I will give it a go and it’s a Friday so I can have a few beers.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

dez, if i hear of two tickets going at any time, would you want me to stick my oar in and get one/two for you?

Certainly! No more than ยฃ30 though ๐Ÿ˜€ (I am on the seetickets waiting list, not sure how that works)
    I’ve seen some good stuff at the 1865 (and bad (Black Midi!)), nice, medium sized venue.
    Where you travelling from?

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

Where you travelling from?

lincoln.
    one, or two tickets? and would you still want one even as late as the day of the gig? the idles fans are good sorts really, they often give tickets away if someone drops out, or certainly no more than face value. ive given an idles ticket away myself just so someones daughter could get their first taste of an idles gig, theres a real good feel about this band and what they stand for.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Lincoln. crikey! That’s dedicated! I’ll offer you my spare room if I get to go ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m about half hour from Soton.
    1 ticket is fine, but 2 if they come up. We sold a ticket outside the Brighton venue in 2018 for face value, lad who bought it was proper chuffed.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

Iโ€™ll offer you my spare room if I get to go

hotel already booked mate, but appreciate the offer. ill keep me eye out ๐Ÿ˜‰

Got tickets to see L7 at the Electric Ballroom in June.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

just bought tickets to see LIFE at nottingham and hull in april. bought them on a whim after hearing and liking a clip on the radio this morning, remembering i quite liked their last single on 6 music, looked them up online and saw the tickets are only a tenner.

bought both as i thought at a tenner a pop its worth the gamble that we really enjoy them at nottingham and would then want to go see them again in their home town. (happened to me with murder capital last week).

not the end of the world if theyre crap ๐Ÿ˜€

Premier Icon andermt
    Subscriber

Got tickets for Tokyo Police Club at the Deaf Institute in Manchester in May.
    Not a venue I’ve been to before, I’m sure there will be some on here who have been there before, any feedback?

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Deaf Institute is a really nice venue, good sound, good bar, not to big or small. You can lean on the bar and order a beer and be a couple of feet from the stage, or you can sit at the back on some raked seats or in a little “box” with a sofa (not the best view really), or just be in the crowd, saw Snapped Ankles there last year.

Hatch is just round the corner on Oxford Road, street food and bars, good for food or beer beforehand.

votchy

Off to see Supergrass at the O2 Academy in brum tomorrow night then down to The Moon in Cardiff Saturday night to see Pastels supported by The Rotanas, back to Cardiff in May to see The Rotanas headline Clwb Ifor Bach.

Premier Icon andermt
    Subscriber

Thanks Nick.
    Sounds like a nice venue.

Premier Icon Nick
    Subscriber

Big Thief were excellent last night in Manchester’s Albert Hall, I’ve been a fan for awhile but somehow missed them at Green Man last year, sat upstairs front centre with a couple of beers and just basked in it.

It was a bit like this some of the time

[video]

[/video]

Saw Supergrass last night at Ally Pally and they were absolutely awesome. Would have gone tonight as well if we weren’t busy.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Took a punt on Sheep On Drugs in a pub in Brighton. It was bad. The small stage has a gap with some unnecessary steps, singer leaping around, foot drops into the gap, she falls in a heap! and breaks her shoe. That was the best bit anyway. Just slightly better than the support – old people dressed up, with masks on trying hard to be weird, but just coming across as old people, dressed up with masks on. At least their โ€œsetโ€ was short.
    Iโ€™ve got a cold, shouldโ€™ve gone to bed.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

@DezB i have one idles ticket for you for southampton if still wanted? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

And there was me trying to stay away from the forum ๐Ÿ˜†
    Yes, thanks mate, that’s awesome! dezb99 (at) gmail (dot) com seeing as the messaging system doesn’t work.
    You can type stuff but there’s no send button… facepalm an all that ๐Ÿ™‚

Just realised – damn risky buying tickets from unofficial channels with no chance of a refund at the mo. Tours are getting cancelled left right & centre. Hmm.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

From Facebook:

Hello friends!

We are postponing the Southampton show on Thursday 19th March to Wed 3rd June. All tickets will still be valid (full refund at point of purchase).

So yep! will still take that ticket ๐Ÿ™‚

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Obviously this wasn’t the best week to have gone to 5 gigs in 2 countries but… Trail of Dead, the Hold Steady 3 times, and Frank Turner, maybe the best week of gigs I’ll ever see outside of a festival. So so good.

Premier Icon sadexpunk
    Subscriber

So yep! will still take that ticket

@DezB yep, its yours. we cant make it now as im away on a course for work that week, absolutely gutted. but…..we’re hanging onto our tickets til the last minute just in case it gets postponed again.
    so, ill pay for the one ticket ive managed to get for you and then transfer it to you later. and, if it does go ahead in june, you can also have one of our tickets as well (i remember you saying youd prefer two?) ill email you later.

Trail of Dead, the Hold Steady 3 times, and Frank Turner, maybe the best week of gigs Iโ€™ll ever see outside of a festival. So so good.

im pleased for you, one mans gain is another mans loss……i also had to miss trail of dead due to another work course, so whilst your timing has worked out spot on for you, mines been terrible ๐Ÿ˜€

Marin

Gaye Bakers On Acid is probably my next gig. Minus the acid for me cause Iโ€™m getting old.

Took mrs anagallis and junior to see Miles Hunt this afternoon!!!
    He turns the right way up quite promptly!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/705491436148252/permalink/3095230060507699/

Miles playing another gig 2pm tomorrow on Facebook.

Premier Icon theotherjonv
    Subscriber

Guy Chadwick of the House of Love is doing an acoustic set tomorrow 7pm

https://www.facebook.com/TheHouseOfLoveOFFICIAL

Premier Icon simondbarnes
    Subscriber

Richard Thompson did a good one the other day. Starts about 12 minutes in…

Posted by Richard Thompson – RT on Sunday, March 29, 2020

Viewing 32 posts - 561 through 592 (of 592 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.