Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 592 total)
  • Gigs 2019-2020
  • DezB
    Free Member

Holy **** storm! Just got back from Tropical **** Storm! Man, that was heavy. If you like mental guitarists I recommend you find yourself a tour date and stand at the front. Mind blowing.
    Got called a **** by a spoiled little girl who tried to push me out the way to get a photo, said I elbowed her when in fact I just kept dancing and ignored her. Kids these days eh.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Have to admit Dez there are some proper special people at gigs these days, if you don’t like a bit of a squash or a sweaty body then don’t queue at 6pm and insist on standing right at the front for anything other than a mick bubble concert or you’re going to be a little bit moody.

Cougar

Gigs:

Adam Ant in just over a week. Don’t judge me, it’s my girlfriend’s bucket list, I nodded and smiled.

December, Gun and FM on the 20th with, eh, Dan Reed Network. FM playing the Tough It Out album in full which is the only material of theirs I know, and Gun is well Gun and just one of the most underrated bands ever, I adore them. Then the Thunder Christmas party the day after.

Then, Terrorvision in February, their one-off gig until they announced a second date. Party over here.

wrightyson
    Free Member

@Cougar
    Is that thunder as in the bald drummer harry thunder?

Cougar

Thunder’s bald drummer is Harry James. I don’t know what you’re referring to but I suspect it’s something else.

wrightyson
    Free Member

No that’s the one, didn’t know they were still going. Loved them as a young rocker, one of the more melodic moments between seps and slayer 😂.
    Watched them at Manchester apollo in probably 93, what a random venue, Im sure I remember it was partially seated?

wrightyson
    Free Member

October 92 apparently, one of the scariest car journeys of my life coming back over the cat with a mate who was a shit driver of 17!

DezB
    Free Member

Have to admit Dez there are some proper special people at gigs these days

So special this one – she actually waited to speak to me after the band had finished. Really can’t imagine what she thought she was going to get out of the conversation!

wrightyson
    Free Member

@hodgynd be ready pal, that was **** awesome, really really good. Up the front with my 17 year old nails daughter and my 14 year old lad who’s a bit reserved at times. Rock city is such an awesome venue. Oh if I could go back 25 years and do it all again….

jate
    Free Member
      Can but echo wrightyson’s comments. Amazons were fantastic and Rock City is such a great venue.
    hodgynd
    Free Member

@wrightyson…& Jate…oh I’m ready alright from the YT footage I’ve seen I know it’s going to be spot on ..but thanks for the heads-up..
    I’m surprised though that they don’t seem to have ” Warning Sign ” in the set list ..both mine & my boy’s favourite track from ” Future Dust ” …
    Not long now..

johnx2
    Free Member

Metronomy last night. Actually a really good live band, loads of energy and dancing with various highlights including a synth off – rest of band exited, the synth players either side of the stage going increasingly crazy as the banks of keyboards slowly closed on each other to meet centre stage for a . Better than it probably looks written down.

Snarky Puppy on Friday.

donks
    Free Member

Life, on Friday night at the Craufurd Arms.
    Then Fat white family at Earth in Hackney on the 3rd Dec.

failedengineer

Anyone like a bit of good old Folk-Rock? If so, I can heartily recommend Blackbeard’s Tea Party. Saw them on Saturday in Carlisle. Not all the audience were over 50, either ….

DezB
    Free Member

Then Fat white family

Got them on the 29th in Brighton. Such a great live band 🙂

freeagent
    Free Member

Seeing The Men They Couldn’t Hang doing an acoustic set in London on 7-Dec, and got tickets for the last day of C2C in London in March – Luke Combs headlining.

hopefully will do a few smaller country and rock gigs over the course of 2020..

Mister-P
    Free Member

Life, on Friday night at the Craufurd Arms.
    Then Fat white family at Earth in Hackney on the 3rd Dec.

I’d rather go to the Craufurd Arms than Earth. I went to see Submotion Orchestra there and it was a bit pants. The band were good (from what I could hear) but the venue was a bit crap and I think I was one of the few there to actually see the band. Everyone else was chatting away through the entire show. Shame as when I saw them at MK11 they were superb.

DezB
    Free Member

Everyone else was chatting away through the entire show

People are such selfish, ignorant **** these days, they really are.

hodgynd
    Free Member

What a night ..The Amazons rocked Newcastle O2 last night !
    Wildest gig I’ve been to since The Cult at Whitley Bay Ice rink ..a lifetime ago ..
    Demob Happy were great support too !

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just booked reytons!
    Now if you want to see and enjoy more wild then I strongly suggest you get tickets.

I also enjoyed dmob, reminded me of old school seattle/soungarden type vibe.

RustySpanner

Just back from the 50th Anniversary Hawkwind gig at the Albert Halls in Manchester.

Must of seen the wheezing old space gypsies a couple of dozen times, that was one of the best.

And on theramin……Tim Blake! Never thought I’d see him again.

Dave Brock was looking a bit old, turns out he’s 78 🙂

Absolutely top night.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Only saw Hawkwind once ..admittedly on the back of “Silvermachine ” when I was sixteen years old ..I think the tour was ” Atomhenge”? ..
    The stage show was shite ..and I never did fancy seeing them again..
    I think things improved over the years though !

theotherjonv

well, the time has rolled around again, I’ve seen this lot at least once every year since 1987 (apart from the years when they were in different incarnation) and I guess that with double years that must add up to nearly 30 times.

And the songs STILL all sound the same.

Tonight, in a teeny sweaty middle aged Dad crowded Boileroom in Guildford, I give you……

The semi-legendary Wedding Present.

(very excited, but……

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mACp6cbecjI

choppersquad
    Free Member

I see Blobby Williams is doing Wembley Arena on December 17th for £110 a ticket.
    Who the hell pays that much to see such a smug ars@!##e on stage?
    It’s probably sold out already.

RustySpanner

The stage show was shite ..and I never did fancy seeing them again..

The stage show is always shite, that’s part of the charm. 🙂

They really were on it last night though……

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Alter Bridge & Shinedown in December.

binners

Surely the fact that Hawkwind are still going is a testament to the medicinal qualities of Acid?

We went to see Yak at the Trades Club on Wednesday night. Absolutely bloody brilliant gig. They’ve still a few dates left on this tour. Well worth watching

Northwind

Just got tickets for the Wildhearts at QMU (proper gig venue that) and A at the Garage. And And You Will Know Them By The Trail Of Dead in Edinburgh, on the off chance that they don’t have to cancel yet another tour.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Fontaines DC last night in Birmingham. Bloody brilliant, intense, punchy, invigorating. Loved it.

Next gig is clutch on 20th Dec.

Blackflag
    Free Member

I play in a hardcore punk band from Manchester that gigs quite a lot. Time is a rare thing so the only gigs i really get to are ones where we are also on the bill. Played with a few amazing bands over the years so my cup regularly runneth over.

docrobster
    Free Member

Fontaines DC last night in Birmingham. Bloody brilliant, intense, punchy, invigorating. Loved it.

As they were in Sheffield on Saturday night.
    Not got anything lined up for a bit now. Was going to see murder capital in feb but clashes with a 50th.
    Jacob collier next year some time with the kidz. I haven’t decided if I like him or not yet.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

This is a rare treat…a thread I can comment on.
    Actually been to a few gigs after a long hiatus – SunnO))) and Lightning bolt in the last few weeks, with The Cuban Brothers and DJ Yoda separating them and giving me time in between for hearing to recover.
    It’s just the standing up for 2 hours that I can’t do anymore…

charliew

Anyone got a spare Amyl and the Sniffers ticket for Gorilla in Manchester on Sunday? Desperately want to see them but don’t have a ticket…

Northwind

Frank Turner show in Dunfermline on Friday was weird. Emily Barker support, which was nice, then Frank supported himself, doing a solo acoustic set of carefully handpicked tracks off the new album which avoided the two best ones and included the worst song he’s ever done. Then an unplugged set from the full band where they all just played their normal instruments except sitting down. Some interesting rearrangements but mostly a sort of unhappy halfway house between his normal solo shows and a proper sleeping souls gig… Still really enjoyed it, never seen anything close to a bad show from Frank, and it was pretty interesting but, mmm.

“A”, the ungooglable band, ended up playing the little venue at the Garage on sunday, turnout seemed pretty awful and most of the audience was pushing 40 but it was a good set, good performance despite JP’s voice being knackered- and didn’t have the weird “we’re not quite sure why we’re here” feel of the last time I saw them on tour. Still a lot of love for these guys out there it turns out. Totally wrecked my neck.

(and Mark Chapman is still one of the best damn forgotten guitarists in the country, shame this set didn’t really let him cut loose.)

DezB
    Free Member

It’s just the standing up for 2 hours that I can’t do anymore…

I prefer to call it dancing 😀

On for Working Men’s Club and Fat White Family on Friday! Was in the balance, but we’re doing it. I’m gonna die.

richardkennerley

Shed 7 in Blackburn last night. I know this will probably divide opinion because people will think they’re naff, but they never fail to put on a good show! Average age of the crowd will be forty something, but there was a couple of people 70+ and plenty of kids, including an 11 year old at his first gig. There’s something joyous about seeing all those people (and joining in) belting out chasing rainbows as loud as they can. Great stuff.

Got tickets to a Labour fundraising gig on Saturday. The Blinders headline with 8 bands in support. Should be… sweaty. Going on the annual scum run during the day though, starting at 11:30, maybe won’t make it to the end!!

madedgar
    Free Member

BC Camplight at Thekla, Bristol last night. Absolutely brilliant. Good man, great show.
    Can’t recall the last time I saw an artist pretty much drink a full bottle of wine on stage either. He was enjoying himself!!

richmars

Billy Bragg tonight, expecting lots of election stuff.

wrightyson
    Free Member

@northwind sounds very similar to the show I saw in July. His Mrs was support which was incredibly dull if I’m honest and then frank just sang a set acoustic with just him and his guitar. There were some great sing along moments but it was just a bit weird. Seen him probably half a dozen times and that show just seemed odd.

lovewookie

Queensryche on saturday at the Garage.

Dog’s D’Amour on the 22nd Dec at Audio.

ended up not going tosome of the gigs I’d hoped. went to NMA in Edinburgh, good gig that, despite not really being a fan. really really crammed though. couldn’t be bothered with Nitzer Ebb or Die Krupps, though hear they were good gigs too. :-/

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 592 total)

The topic ‘Gigs 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.