Gigs 2019

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)
  • Gigs 2019
  • Premier Icon richardkennerley
    Subscriber

White denim next week at th’albert hall (I think) in MCR. That’s the first of the year for me.

Then I got tickets for the coral in Warrington, idles in MCR, teleman, the tea street band and the zutons.

There’s a boozer in Blackpool that’s got some interesting nights coming up throughout the year, some mod revival nights, various punk nights, Letz zep and other tribute bands like the total stone roses.

WillH

Only been to one so far – Slash, with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. I actually went because I wanted to see the support band, Devilskin, who are local-ish to me. They were awesome. Slash and co weren’t bad, I only know a handful of their tracks though.

Going to see Halestorm next month, and getting work to pay for travel and accommodation as I’ve managed to get on a training course in the same city on that day 😎

Premier Icon llama
    Subscriber

Failed on Glastonbury tickets, and are double booked for End of the Road and Green Man, so will be going northwards for Bluedot with a bit of the old Kraftwerk, 808 state, new order et al. Not done that one before.

Apart from that not much but I’m wondering how to persuade Mrs Llama she want to see kgatlw at aly paly in October which will be tricky as she hates them

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

You’re banned from the thread DebZ

Jimmy Carr is brilliant

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

For me, so far, Young Fathers at Bristol Academy

Seen them 3 times. First time there was about 20 people there. here.
    Gotta live up to it, otherwise it wouldn’t be a music thread. 😀

2020 FFS!
    Yeah! I got an email, it said April, so I nipped in and got front row seats, pretty cheap… then noticed the year 😆

nbt

I’m serious, I’ve got tickets for all those. Was thinking of Hayseed Dixie @ Gorilla in a week or two if there are any tickets left

So theres at least four of us going to Bob Mould next month!

lister

Bob Mould next month in Manchester.

Stereophonics in Swansea in the summer with the missus to relive our first gif together 20 years ago in Morfa stadium.

Eddie Izzard in November.

I hope Estrons head west soon, saw them 2 years ago when they were a bit raw but their album is lush.

Premier Icon AD
    Subscriber

I think I can win this one!

My wife bought us tickets for… Mike and the Mechanics 🙂

Off to the Sands Centre in March. Try not to be too jealous…

Go for it AD. No point looking back over your shoulder.

Premier Icon AD
    Subscriber

🙂 I see what you did there…

Premier Icon cb
    Subscriber

Slash next week and ZZ Top’s 50th year gig at Wembley in June! Jimmy Barnes supporting so should be a good night.

Maybe Whiskey Myers if I can be arsed to book it…

Refuse to pay the crazy money to see Metallica.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Next week I’m going to a recital and masterclass given by Jonathan Kelly, principal oboist with the Berlin Philharmonic. This is a BIG deal.

Premier Icon ChrisL
    Subscriber

Ooooh – love The Hold Steady, and Gaslight Anthem. How was the solo show?

Solo show was pretty good, but both parts were acoustic and much quieter than their respective bands. Craig Finn demonstrated he can both sing and play guitar and mixed in a couple of The Hold Steady’s songs into the solo stuff in his set. He provided nice little explanations about many of the songs he sang too. He turned up at the merch stall between the sets and was very nice to everyone who talked to him.

Brian Fallon was similar, but his patter was rather strange. Funny, but very meandering and felt like free association a lot of the time. Occasionally he seemed not to know how to stop talking and start playing a song. It was rather strange to have him go from some wandering fantasy about living in a castle or surprising the audience with a pack of wolves to singing one of his back catalogue of whistful blue collar anthems!

To be honest I’m a much bigger fan of Craig Finn and The Hold Steady than The Gaslight Anthem and I know nothing of Fallon’s other work. I was also dead on my feet last night. Anything more amped up than what we saw would have been too much for me but the plaintive songs and sometimes surreal chat actually worked out really well given my mood, and there were obviously a lot of Brian Fallon fans in the audience who were very happy with what he was doing.

Other than last night’s gig, I saw Jimmy Eat World and Frank Turner in Glasgow last month, and will be seeing The Hold Steady in London in March, then Bob Mould in Edinburgh a week or two later.

Premier Icon verses
    Subscriber

MrsV spotted earlier that Teleman are at Cambridge Junction in a couple of months so that’s looking likely.

Cheers for the review Chris. There’s a ticket available on twickets for the show in Bath so I might give it a shot. Also more of a fan of THS than TGA – gutted to be missing them in London in March.

Premier Icon verses
    Subscriber

Saw Estrons last week at Cambridge Portland Arms

I was away, how was it?

Really enjoyed it, I only went as my mate likes them, but thought they were much better live than recorded.

Evidence of dick with his phone in the air at gig…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Well, how else would anyone believe you were there, but for a shite photo?

gozarch

Only one so far was a Bon Jovi tribute band last Friday. Slim pickings here in mid Wales! Actually, they were very good.

Seeing Steely Dan later this month (husband’s choice), then Hotpots again next month. Camden Rocks in June, and that’s it so far.

Greta van fleet at rock city in march. Fancy getting foals tickets as well.

CountZero

Musta been cos I paid £20! Twenty pounds!

Yeah, tell me about it! First time I saw The Joy Formidable they were supporting Howling Bells at the Fleece in Bristol, along with a female electro act, who’s name escapes me at the mo’, I think I payed less than £10…
    Come to that, I paid £2.50 to see Led Zeppelin at Earle’s Court…

votchy

Got Alice in Chains booked for May in brum, Black Grape (supported by The Rotanas) at Cardiff Tramshed next month.
    The Rotanas Feb 22nd in Cardiff.

Quiet year for me so far, was looking forward to doing a Festival this summer but the lineups are, frankly, shocking for the cost of the ticket prices!!

Mister P

I may go to see Phil Collins. Need to look at dates and flight prices.

Premier Icon 136stu
    Subscriber

Micah P Hinson tonight in MCR

Premier Icon verses
    Subscriber

More intended to jog my own failing memory rather than impress others.

Premier Icon aide
    Subscriber

Churches in Glasgow next weekend

Bill Bailey in Edinburgh in may

Also Glastonbury in June

Hopefully more to come…

toby1

No one ever boasts about gigs at the Portland.

That actually looks busier than Cancer Bats last night, Cambridge and modern punk just don’t mix. They should have been on at the Portland as opposed to the junction, wonderfully muddy sound as ever, it was so quiet I stood at the front in the centre for the whole gig, completely untroubled. Gig was good, Hail destroyer, Gatekeeper and Sabotage as my personal favourites!

precutduck

I saw Parkway Drive and Killswitch Engage at Alexandra Palace last Saturday, that was a good night, great venue as well.
    Got tickets for Rammstein in Milton Keynes, in July. That should be a good show.
    Nothing else planned yet, keeping an eye out though.

johndoh

Meant to have been in Newcastle on Wednesday for the Ozzy Osbourne / Judas Priest gig which was cancelled. No other gigs planned, just hope they manage to re-arrange the gig with the same support band again.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Went to a slightly surreal gig a couple of weeks back.BC Camplight in Lancaster library on a Sunday afternoon with TVAM supporting. It was ace!

Really fancied seeing BC Camplight support White Denim at the Albert Halls in Manchester next week. That’ll be a blinding gig, but we’re away 🙁

Gig of the year, which I’m pant-wettingly excited about though is Kraftwerk at Jodrell Bank in June. Can’t bloody wait! 😃

Ah yes, I forgot, Loyle Carner at Trinity Brizzle in May. Thank **** I looked up the tour dates for Dead South. It’s Sunday night – wasn’t in the calendar. 😀

Premier Icon deadslow
    Subscriber

Saw Snow Patrol in Birmingham in January. Really loved it. Gary lightbody is an amazing vocalist and his energy & intensity was just amazing.. (prepares to get flamed)
    Saw Kasier Chiefs locally in Reading on Weds night. amazing energy and delivery from Ricky .. great gig for a Wednesday night.
    Have booked KISS at the O2 with my two teenage girls, Bon Jovi and Manic Streets at the Ricoh later in the year. Taking my girls but not going to 21 Pilots and Panic at the Disco.

PrinceJohn

Frank Turner & Jimmy Eat World in Cardiff last weekend (almost got into a fight with a bunch of wasted asshats in the crowd), Beans On Toast in a couple of weeks, then She Drew the Gun in Bristol, Muse in Bristol (originally was going to be London, but double booked the date & also got Fort William WC tickets on the same weekend) & Chemical Brothers in November in Cardiff… so far. I think.

Holding out for Glasto tickets in the re-sale in April…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Rick Astley

I really would rather push avdave’s mate’s button.

hodgynd

Hey hey ..I got the date wrong for The Virginmarys ..it’s next Friday in Newcastle ..might have a chance of getting there ..

wordnumb

Next gig: Metal to the Masses – Exchange Bristol. Wed 13th. Listening forward to it.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Trail of Dead are still amazing live. Differently amazing from their first UK tour, where they came onstage so drunk that none of them could actually speak (only intelligible words: “SCOTLAND! We like your vodka!” and yet still played a blinding show. But still ace.

deadlydarcy

Ooooh – love The Hold Steady, and Gaslight Anthem. How was the solo show?

Loved it tbh. I mean, I’d listen to Craig Finn fart in the bath and cheer at the end, but still. Very stripped back and warm and open, nicely reinvented songs not just the guitar with the rest of the band missing, Certain Songs was ace frinstance even without the piano and epic guitar.

I sorta liked the Gaslight Anthem but I didn’t really know any of the songs Brian Fallon played- still enjoyed it though and I thought his rambling was way more fun than ChrisL did. I felt like I was visiting in someone else’s cult and managed to get carried along a bit in the enthusiasm.

You should totally go.

Also, slightly bizarrely, it was the second show this week where I saw the frontman of a band I love do an acoustic cover of Heads Roll Off by Frightened Rabbit. Frank Turner’s version was better but Craig’s greater experience in singing about death and Jesus did shine through.

I’m really really happy to have no gigs now for a couple of weeks tbh, I am rocked out. And acousticed out.

myti

Ulrich Schnauss in March and had hoped to do blue dot festival but can’t get the time off sadly. Looking a bit sparse…maybe catch Kylie at Pride.

Tomorrow it’s a Sex Pistols tribute band; next Saturday RSC Romeo & Juliet. Later in the year Matthew Bourne’s ballet of the same name.
    Next month Stiff Little Fingers.
    April – Take That (mrs_d’s choice). August – Ed Sheeran (her choice again).
    Nothing else planned as yet but if New Model Army are touring they’ll be on the list. Ditto Fields Of The Nephilim

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 207 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.