Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 592 total)
  • Gigs 2019-2020
  • verses

stumpy01

Going to see The Wildhearts at The Junction in Cambridge next Thursday

Just in case that wasn’t a typo/brain-fart, they’re actually on on Tuesday (tomorrow) not Thursday!

https://www.junction.co.uk/the-wildhearts

bowie278
    Free Member

Looking forward to an evening with Elbow tomorrow in Manchester, followed by John Mayer on Friday night. What a bloody week!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Got Agnes Obel tickets for next year. Missed the last tour because of work so I’m chuffed.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

She makes war supporting skating Molly in the 20th at the Hare & Hounds

Northwind

Craig Finn from the Hold Steady last night, insufficiently miserable for a Craig Finn solo but not as joyous as a Hold Steady, but still ace.

David Ford later this week and Emily Barker next. And then totally unironically, The Heavy one night and then the actual heavy the next night, Machine ****ing Head.

stumpy01

verses

Just in case that wasn’t a typo/brain-fart, they’re actually on on Tuesday (tomorrow) not Thursday!

Ah, yes! It was a brain fart!

Enjoy it!! Should be a belter.
    I was hoping to make it to the signing at Fopp beforehand, but don’t think I’ll get there.

wait4me

Richard Hawley in Brighton on Friday. The world always seems a much better place after seeing one of his shows.

anagallis_arvensis

Tickets for The Wonderstuff at O2 Brum in December arrived today, excited!!!

donks
    Free Member

Off to see the Cult tomorrow at Rock City. wife’s birthday treat….I thought they were long since washed up but it should be good tbh.

Sandwich

Saw Tim Minchin on Tuesday evening. Opening night of his UK tour made memorable by the couple alongside us who turned up a day early!

Some old stuff and some new stuff, a great evening. One of the newer ones was about marital fidelity which for an older bloke married for over 30 years was a bit of a throat-closer.

Next Friday we’re off to Thekla to see Grace Petrie and a visit to the boy for a dog access visit.

Northwind

Saw Grace Petrie supporting Frank Turner a while back, she’s ace.

DezB
    Free Member

Last night at Heartbreakers, tiny club in Soton (£8!) Working Men’s Club. Bloody brilliant. Their track Teeth is making some waves (I think it’s on 6Moosik playlist), what a track, danced like a twonk. Band with attitude. See em!

Northwind

No Wildhearts near me this time because we got a bonus gig in the summer, but Wildhearts + Backyard Babies in January? That’ll do. Sure, so the only reason I ever listened to the BYB was at times when the Wildhearts had split up, ie every odd-numbered weekday, so having them in the same place is a bit redundant but hey.

DezB
    Free Member

Working Men’s Club are in Guildford tonight – go! It’s one of the few dates not sold out… I would go, but not really worth driving for an hour for a 50 minute set (and Rampage is on 😀 ) The WMC singer is 17 years of age, apparently. Awesome.

antares
    Free Member

Cud for me in Leeds tonight, 30th anniversary of their debut LP. Really looking forward to it, not seen em for 28 years

reluctantlondoner

Blanket in Camden for me tonight in a pub. Don’t expect many others to be there as I suspect slightly niche taste?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m the only niche in the village! 😀

cooie

Saw Numan on Monday, was a bit meh,to much posturing for my liking! Saw She Drew The Gun on Weds and they were brilliant! Just got tickets for BC Camplight in Jan 😀

CountZero

The Hu are playing Bristol next year, think I might be going to that. Mongolian throat-singing heavy rock band playing traditional instruments, what’s not to like!

choppersquad
    Free Member

Saw Gary Numan at the Roundhouse last night and thought he was pretty damn good considering it’s now 40 YEARS since he started out.
    Legend.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Tickets on the way for The Amazons ..me and my 16 year old boy with a stay over in The Toon ..
    I’m expecting to be the oldest punter there ..but it’s only rock n roll..and I like it ..!
    ” Not yet 65…😁😎…”

Northwind

3 nights of the Hold Steady in London next year, again… I was thinking we could pull another weekender…

lovewookie

Michael Monroe at the G2 in glasgow last night. Tyla (of Dog’s D’Amour) and Electric Eel Shock supporting.
    gig was supposed to be in the Garage, but changed last minute, which meant tyla was on at 7pm, so I missed all but one song :-/
    Electric eel shock were great, japanese 80’s heavy metal, apparently. they looked like they were having fun anyway and played well.
    Micheal Monroe, I quickly realised I knew very little of his material, but he was buzzing. climbing on everything, even at one point walked about 10ft across the little shelf along the wall to the bar, where he continued about half of the song, then shimmied along back to the stage.
    Great gig, still has the energy of the 80’s glam/sleaze metal scene.

Next up I think is New Model Army in edinburgh, followed by Nizer Ebb the day after, and Die Krupps a couple of days after that.

DezB
    Free Member

Comedy: saw Nick Helm on Friday. Some of his stuff is hard to laugh at, but he made the cheeks ache anyway (face ones). If you go and see him, I would advise not sitting at the front. He might shout very loudly in your face.

Tropical **** Storm on thurs. Gonna be good. Then nothing til the end of the month.

cheese@4p

Going to see Wave Pictures at The Parish in Huddersfield on Friday night.Should be good!

swavis

Greta Van Fleet tonight in Glasgow, I’m just a bit excited. They were brilliant when I saw them at Download.

docrobster
    Free Member

@DezB saw working men’s club on sat in Sheffield. Frickin awesome. Had seen them at a festival in the summer and made sure we got tickets again. Short set though! Not many songs. My gig buddy’s sister’s partner is a 6music producer and they came too. Guest list of course.
    Unfortunately that gig clashed with mr Ben and the bens at the delicious clam where I’d met Brant Brant Brant before at the last gig they played their so was a bit miffed couldn’t go to that but am sure working men’s club was a good choice.
    This Saturday it’s Kate tempest, then the orielles in Nottingham then Fontaine’s dc. Good month this!

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one docrobster 🙂

lovewookie

Greta Van Fleet tonight in Glasgow

Ahh, that’s who they are! I was trying to remember who the more zep than zep band were.

good at their stuff, definately.

duncancallum

Buckchery tonight 300 head gig in Blackpool

Northwind

Machine Head pretty much killed me last night… 3 hour set ffs, Machine Head fans aren’t getting any younger! They even brought on substitute band members at half time. Bloody awesome show but I’m really feeling it today…

wrightyson
    Free Member

@hodgynd

Tickets on the way for The Amazons

We’ll be watching at rock city on Monday night, Amazon’s are quality live, it was catfish this monday just gone.

reluctantlondoner

Counting down to the lesser spotted three gig week in mid-November. Two nights of Marillion at the Royal Albert Hall and then Feeder at the Roundhouse. London is bobbins for biking, but it does have some advantages…

docrobster
    Free Member

Just discovered that working men’s club are the support at the orielles gig (28/11, bodega, Nottingham) but I can’t now go cos away on some training in Durham. Maybe my gig buddy will take his sister instead.
    Double bummer

duncancallum

Uri roth 28th
    Amon amarth 29th

Massive wagons in December

hodgynd
    Free Member

@wrightyson
    Tickets have arrived ..really looking forward to this next Tuesday..
    My mate saw Catfish on Tuesday gone ..could hardly hear me on Wednesday!
    Any Sam Fender fans that couldn’t get tickets ..he will be turning on the Christmas lights in Newcastle this Thursday evening…( mini set )
    also heard that he is playing the Utilita arena next April ..dates not yet confirmed ..
    Would love to go see Foals at Edinburgh next April ..but cant commit this early and there is already limited availability ..another gig I will probably regret not going to !
    The Runner is my earworm track at the moment ..

sc-xc

My mate just gave me a ticket to see Gerry Cinnamon on Friday…I’ll join thousands of young cokeheads for a singalong!

Nick

Cate le Bon and Deerhunter last night in Manchester, was good, but Bradford f’d about fawning over Cate that they ran out of time to play He Would Have Laughed 🙁

kilo

Keeping it old school, saw Squeeze last night, excellent live as ever.

docrobster
    Free Member

Premier Icon
    kilo

Subscriber
    Keeping it old school, saw Squeeze last night, excellent live as ever.

Indeed. Saw them last month and was impressed. Great songs

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 592 total)

The topic ‘Gigs 2019-2020’ is closed to new replies.