• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • DezB
    Free Member

@mickb – see http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-forum-search-facility/

aracer
    Free Member

Testing (sorry)

foo

bar

foo

bar

aracer
    Free Member

aracer :

Testing (sorry)

foo

bar

foo
    bar

mrblobby
    Free Member

Keep it up. Another week or two of this freakin shambles and I might just have weaned myself off STW completely 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

atlaz :

I presume most of the new site is fixed

Not so I’d notice.

Try not quoting completely out of context – I’ll leave it as an exercise for you to work out what the rest of the sentence after you snipped was.

sbob
    Free Member

mrblobby
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    Keep it up. Another week or two of this freakin shambles and I might just have weaned myself off STW completely 🙂

Look on the bright side, this is the longest weekend in history!!!

aracer
    Free Member

scotroutes :

I’m not installing that new version of the extension (and I’ve disabled the old version) so as not to confuse any problems.

That’s up to you, but as I mentioned it shouldn’t really confuse anything – if the site changes and breaks the extension, that will just result in extension stuff not working, I’d be very surprised if it breaks anything on the forum which isn’t already broken (and the only things it fixes at the moment are the edit button and the font size in quote boxes – though I suppose some may consider it a feature that what is being quoted is made to look more important). Though if you’ve got the new features you may not need the easy quoting, so it depends whether you use blocking (personally I don’t) or those fixes are worth having.

The old version is permanently broken and unlikely to do anything useful ever again – at some point hopefully I’ll get access to the Chrome Webstore account though and publish updated versions there.

ps links to the threads from your list of replies is also coming, though they might fix that first…

cooie

I want to post in the classifieds, but have no buttons for pics etc. How do I go about it?

Drac

" alt="" title="" class="bbcode-image" />

Drac

FFS!

(img) paste our here (/img)

But us [ and ] instead.

cooie

Is it [/img]?

cooie

Forget the is it 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

For pics:
    [ img]https://static.canyon.com/_img/bikes/2018/strive-cf-9_c1023.png[/ img]

remove the space from the [ img] and [ /img] tags:

cooie

Cheers Drac, the is it had that after it but it didn’t show!!!,

sbob
    Free Member

Isn’t this hotlinking…?

DezB
    Free Member

Isn’t this hotlinking…?

Always has been. Not really an issue these days is it.

You can copy and past an image as long as it is shared on the web

SleepEase® PREMIUM Nasal Strips! STOP SNORING & NASAL CONGESTION NOW! – 30 Large Sized Nasal Strips For All Nose Types – One Month’s Supply – Designed To Stop Snoring, Nasal Congestion, Heavy Breathing & Sleep Apnea - Anti Snoring Device – Snore Stoppers - Anti Snore Devices – Snore Guard.

DezB
    Free Member

Or maybe it’s not that easy! 😆

sbob
    Free Member

Always has been. Not really an issue these days is it.

Dunno, hence the query. 🙂

bigblackshed

The issue with hotlinking is that the source website can take exception to the practice, due to their servers having to take the workload, so substitute the image with either random garbage or occasionally pron.

The poster doesn’t see it because your browser cache substitutes the substitute with the correct image from the cache. Everyone else sees the pron, you see a picture of a bike, or whatever you intended.

bearnecessities

aracer
    Free Member

bigblackshed :

The issue with hotlinking is that the source website can take exception to the practice, due to their servers having to take the workload, so substitute the image with either random garbage or occasionally pron.

Given images on here have all been hotlinked since the days of GoFar it doesn’t appear to be a real problem – not that I’ve noticed. The biggest problem I’ve seen is with images hosted on photobucket when they changed their terms which have all disappeared. If you’re bothered then copy/host your images on imgur, postimage or a similar site which explicitly allows hotlinking.

simondbarnes

The issue with hotlinking is that the source website can take exception to the practice, due to their servers having to take the workload, so substitute the image with either random garbage or occasionally pron

I’ve done that 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

servers having to take the workload

That’s why I said “these days” – who hosts stuff on servers that can’t take a bit of hotlinking these days.. (apart from the obvious!)

Not seen a randomly replaced image for yonks.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Why the huge font for quoted text?

Drac

Yup hotlinking is pretty much gone to the history books but Sbob knows that he’s just looking for something else to try and complain about.

bearnecessities

For those that want to be able to edit posts (it’s a bit of a faff mind you):

1. Click in the bottom left of your post, where is says how old the post is.

2. The URL will then change in your address bar – take a note of the post number at the very end of the URL.

3. Then copy the following link and bob it into your address bar

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/reply/1234567/edit/

4. Replace 1234567 with your post number.

5. Hit enter.

6. Go make a brew.

7. Return to find your post ready to edit.

DezB
    Free Member

Nice one Bearnecessities. I had a look at working that out (early) earlier!* and drifted off 🙂

* it works! 😀

sbob
    Free Member

Contrary to Drac’s opinion I asked the question out of concern as I didn’t think “bandwidth theft” was the done thing, and a quick google showed sites forbidding hotlinking which had been updated less than two months ago. It will save me the bother of alternative hosting if it is now acceptable practise. 🙂

I have no need to complain, but that doesn’t stop me having the opinion that it is a monumental piss take that people who pay to use the forum are the ones who are visibly coming up with workarounds so others can continue to use this absolute shower whilst those who reap the subscriptions keep schtum from the safety of their [-]ivory towers[/-] pile of rubble.

As well as feeling incredibly embarrassed, I think the powers that be could do with taking just two or three minutes out of their day (as it’s not the weekend) to keep their paying customers updated, an opinion shared by many, by the way.

Was that what you were trying to solicit, or were you hoping for something more personal Drac? 😉

sbob
    Free Member

bearnecessities
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    For those that want to be able to edit posts (it’s a bit of a faff mind you):

1. Click in the bottom left of your post, where is says how old the post is.

2. The URL will then change in your address bar – take a note of the post number at the very end of the URL.

3. Then copy the following link and bob it into your address bar

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/reply/1234567/edit/

4. Replace 1234567 with your post number.

5. Hit enter.

6. Go make a brew.

7. Return to find your post ready to edit.

Useful.

Although I obviously didn’t do it here, in another post I simply wrote my reply on a different forum that I use with working quote buttons. Makes life a bit easier if you’re a slow typist that is used to functioning buttons. 🙂

chvck
    Free Member

at some point hopefully I’ll get access to the Chrome Webstore account though and publish updated versions there.

I may have to unpublish and then you publish it. Google doesn’t make transfers easy…

MarkiMark
    Free Member

Just in case nobody else has mentioned it, the option to see all my profile’s forum activity is gone so finding stuff I’ve listed or contributed to is nearly impossible.

DezB
    Free Member

Well, I’m off for a long weekend of dubious behaviour. I expect all this to be fixed upon my return.

Thank you.

sbob
    Free Member

Just in case nobody else has mentioned it, the option to see all my profile’s forum activity is gone so finding stuff I’ve listed or contributed to is nearly impossible.

Don’t worry, at some point between the hours of  nine through 😉 five, on a day between Monday and Friday, in the next month or two, or three, or four, it will be fixed and it will be totes **** amazeballs, trust me.

bearnecessities

Well, I’m off for a long weekend of dubious behaviour

Explains your picture above 🙂

Cougar

I think the powers that be could do with taking just two or three minutes out of their day (as it’s not the weekend) to keep their paying customers updated

What update do you want to hear?  They know what the issues are, it’s being worked on.  They’re unfortunately down to one developer this week.

I could tell you specifically what’s being worked on currently, but to be honest I’d rather not for fear of getting five pages of replies saying they’re doing it wrong and that something else is more important.

thepurist

Cougar now you’ll just get 5 pages about how they should get other developers in and how they should drag the others back from holiday /sickness/their grannies deathbed so they can talk bollix about bikes.

sbob
    Free Member

What update do you want to hear?

I can’t speak for the many members that have expressed disappointment, but I doubt the specifics are that important. I’m sure a quick thank you to the forum members who have spent time (unpaid time, even though it’s not the weekend 😉 ) helping others to continue posting wouldn’t have gone amiss.

to be honest I’d rather not for fear of getting five pages of replies saying they’re doing it wrong

Well I doubt you’d get five pages of replies saying they’re doing it right. 😆

Drac

Seems it went amiss as both Cougar and myself have thanked them.

sbob
    Free Member

Didn’t realise you two were now on the payroll, that explains a lot. 🙂

bearnecessities

On the defect reporting, you can’t clear the formatting when trying to quote on mobile

Viewing 40 posts - 1,201 through 1,240 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.