• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • mechanicaldope

One more thing to log; I keep getting to the bottom of a page (Android chrome) and accidentally pressing the insert image button. I then get the insert image dialogue box but there is no way to close it without pressing Back. This then jumps out of the thread and back to the main forum page.  Annoying.  Thanks!

chewkw
    Free Member

Is the Preview working for everyone? Mine does not work.

I am still missing all the buttons for quote, insert etc …

🙁

bruneep

Is the Preview working for everyone? Mine does not work.
    I am still missing all the buttons for quote, insert etc …

Seems to be but I still can’t master the quote 1st time

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

No buttons for me still

And a very small font

And very very slow

Jamie
    Free Member

Were adverts always in posts?

Drac

*Update*

Edit function is back peeps.

/kicks of boots and takes weekend off.

huggis
    Free Member

me too…

Dave
    Free Member

Good news – they’re bringing in the big guns to sort the forum

https://twitter.com/chipps/status/959136843634806785

Bad news – he’s blocked off weekends until end of June 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Small avatars..?

💨💨💨💨💨

Drac

No avatars.

💩

zokes
    Free Member

zokes
    Free Member

meh

JoeG
    Free Member

Drac

No avatars.

Good!

aracer
    Free Member

OK, so I’ve finally sorted out the redirects from the “Replies Created” page. It’s far from perfect but it works. As always this only works for Chrome on desktop. Download link as before: https://goo.gl/6h9thV

I can’t promise I’ve not broken anything as I’ve not done much testing (though I’ve also slightly changed some other stuff).

So when you’ve installed that (see upthread for install instructions), if you click on the “Posted X ago” link in the bottom left of each post on a “Replies Created” page (eg mine is https://singletrackworld.com/members/aracer/forums/replies/ ) it will take you to the thread the post is on. Don’t get impatient, you’ll have to wait as it’s downloading an intermediate page before it redirects so it will take a few seconds. It also takes you to the start of the thread.

I’m not sure there is any easy way around either of these issues client side and I’m not sure I CBA spending any more time on it – hopefully they might get around to fixing the forum at some point (though any info on actions to use with http://singletrackworld.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php would be gratefully received – I presume it would be possible to get the required data via ajax/json calls on that interface?*)

*and before I get accused of hacking, that URL is available in plain text in the HTML

whitestone
    Free Member

Not a bug, (well to me it is).

At the foot of each page of posts there’s text along the lines of

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>Viewing 14 posts – 1,241 through 1,254 (of 1,254 total)”</span>

If this is just done in PHP could you please get rid of the awful Americanism “through”

“<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px;”>Viewing 14 posts – 1,241 to 1,254 (of 1,254 total)”</span>

Pretty please?

Cougar

It’ll be changed in the next update to “thru.”

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Haven’t read this thread, but has it been mentioned that the extra-large type used in quotes feels quite shouty and inflammatory … ?

Drac

It’s a special feature for the EU thread but damn immigrant posts have come over here taking our quotes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely it isn’t unreasonable to expect to be able to put words in inverted commas without all the formatting shit shitting up the shitting page?

As on another thread. Oddly, doesn’t happen here.

scaredypants

So when you’ve installed that (see upthread for install instructions), if you click on the “Posted X ago” link in the bottom left of each post on a “Replies Created” page (eg mine is https://singletrackworld.com/members/aracer/forums/replies/) it will take you to the thread the post is on. Don’t get impatient, you’ll have to wait as it’s downloading an intermediate page before it redirects so it will take a few seconds. It also takes you to the start of the thread

Well done aracer (haven’t tried it but I bet it works and that’s a particularly daft aspect of the new setup)

(crossed fingers for a <span>less quote)

Edit – nope

Edit again – has anyone got aracers script (on this page) to load?

I get

<span style=”background-color: #eeeeee; text-align: center; color: #303942; font-family: monospace; white-space: pre; font-size: 14px;”>Could not load manifest.</span>

scaredypants

… and then it worked <shrug>

scaredypants

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 16px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>… and then it worked <shrug></span>

scaredypants

[thicko]

Should I be able to magically do quotes without all the formatting text once the tools thing is installed?

And what is easyquote?

And do I have to allow developer mode for it to run? (get a warning every time I start chrome that I shouldn’t allow this)

[can’t seem to stop thickomode]

aracer
    Free Member

Yes, you need developer mode, it won’t run or install without that, as it’s not an official release. I’ll probably push it to chvck to publish on the Chrome webstore in a day or so though (assuming we don’t work out transfer), as I’ve pretty much done all that I’m going to do. Then it will be an official extension you won’t need to do that for.

If you enable easy quoting you get a “quote” button next to the poster name at the top of each post. Click that and it inserts the text of the post into the edit box inside < blockquote> tags which should put it in a nice quote box when you post. However I’ve no idea if it works properly or produces funny extra characters for those who have the buttons, because if you do you have extra stuff running in the background behind the quote box which does funny things. I don’t have those buttons as the scripts aren’t working for me, so I don’t know what it does.

You do have to enable most things in the options box – the only things which run by default are adding the links to your reply page and putting text in quote boxes back to normal size. I should really have made options for those as well, but I’m lazy and I figured everybody would want those.

scaredypants

If you enable easy quoting you get a “quote” button next to the poster name at the top of each post

So you do, though it doesn’t seem to do anything on my PC.  Not to worry, the gotothread thing works fine and that’s more useful to me.  Thanks

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Can someone please explain what all this shite is?…

<div class=”bbp-reply-author” style=”margin: 0px 12px; padding: 0px; border-width: 0px 0px 1px; border-image: initial; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; float: none; text-align: center; width: unset; min-height: 0px; position: relative; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; border-color: initial initial #cccccc initial; border-style: initial initial dotted initial;”>tomaso
    <div class=”bbp-author-role” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; display: flex; justify-content: flex-start; float: none; width: unset; flex: 0 1 auto;”>
    <div class=”” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent;”>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 4px 12px 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16px; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; clear: both; color: #444444; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>
    <p style=”padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: unset; vertical-align: baseline; background: transparent; line-height: 1.5r

& why my page looks like this..

[/url]

bruneep

If you enable easy quoting you get a “quote” button next to the poster name at the top of each post

So you do, though it doesn’t seem to do anything on my PC.

Same here, I have a button but it doesn’t work

aracer
    Free Member

I’m guessing you guys have the official buttons – I think the scripts running to make the clever new stuff work inhibit the extension quote button

——————————————————-
    just to irritate people who hate signatures

kayak23

This is my android phone when I try and paste a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeaQenc9TM

Drac

This is my android phone when I try and paste a link.

Hmmm! That is very odd as it shouldn’t be playing any music.

kayak23

Ha! 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Now there’s an idea I hadn’t thought of

————————————————–

toymotor
    Free Member

“duplicate post ” every time I try to sell something how do I get past that ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Week down and still living in interesting times.

To be honest, when it is all fixed, I might write an extension to insert <span> spam in my posts.

I think I have Stockholm Spandrome 🙁

chvck
    Free Member

Yes, you need developer mode, it won’t run or install without that, as it’s not an official release. I’ll probably push it to chvck to publish on the Chrome webstore in a day or so though (assuming we don’t work out transfer), as I’ve pretty much done all that I’m going to do. Then it will be an official extension you won’t need to do that for.

Ping me an email when you’re ready and we’ll see what we can do with transferring (I think it might be a case of submit form to Google with email/username of person to transfer to and they then manually do it) and if all else fails I’ll update it.

aracer
    Free Member

Just for you Jamie

————————————————–

Cougar

“duplicate post ” every time I try to sell something how do I get past that ?

Click ‘submit’ once and be patient.

tuttonp
    Free Member

Unable to post a For Sale ad at all. Let’s me compose it and submit works but ad never appears

Oh and like everyone else, all my previous post history (bar 2) has disappeared and I appear to have 40 ‘Favourites’ that I never favourited

Drac

Can you give us details of your operating system and browser, which versions.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/test-post-free-to-good-home/

Just done a test and worked.

tuttonp
    Free Member

Nope, still broke for me

OSX 10.13.3

Tried in Chrome 64.0.3282.140 (64 Bit) and Firefox 58.0.1 (64-bit)

I’ve not cleared cache recently, is this a requirement now??

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.