Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • binners

You’ve got to love Jim’ll’paint it

grum
    Free Member

So he’s been endorsed by Steve Bannon now. Which is like the Emperor endorsing Darth Vader.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/01/steve-bannon-hails-dominic-cummings-and-predicts-lurch-to-right-for-no-10

fingerbang
    Free Member

You’ve got to love Jim’ll’paint it

“That lad from pans labyrinth…” :):):):):):

eskay

grum
    So he’s been endorsed by Steve Bannon now. Which is like the Emperor endorsing Darth Vader.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/aug/01/steve-bannon-hails-dominic-cummings-and-predicts-lurch-to-right-for-no-10

Posted 5 hours ago

That is a thoroughly depressing article

tomhoward

Indeed.

What’s his plan for after he’s smashed the current civil service? Fill it with ‘political’ appointments? Or just run it all himself until he finds a successor? The son that it was so vital to protect, perhaps?

kimbers

He was lying in the statement he gave from number 10

If he lied about editing his blog, why would you believe anything else he said?

dannyh
    Free Member

He was lying in the statement he gave from number 10

If he lied about editing his blog, why would you believe anything else he said?

Truth only matters if you can’t afford to be caught lying.

Cumstains is untouchable.

He sat there in that ‘briefing’, looked the nation in the eye, smirked, and told a pack of utterly pathetic (almost deliberately ridiculous) lies. For no other reason than he could.

He is protected from on high (higher than Joris) so he can deliver No Deal and turn the country over to venal profiteering.

kelvin

Worth following this guy on twitter…

And, seriously off topic, but… drool…

eskay

Every time I see this thread on the front page I hope that the bellend had been sacked or has come to a sticky end.

Disappointed again

dannyh
    Free Member

Every time I see this thread on the front page I hope that the bellend had been sacked or has come to a sticky end.

Disappointed again

Ha, my thoughts exactly.

And now yours again, I presume…..

I always regard wishing bad things to happen to other people is a line that I shouldn’t cross in my own head – down that road lay dark places.

But I am really struggling not to in the case of Cumstains. I really do hate him for what he has done to this country.

inkster
    Free Member

I feel the same way as you danny.

Don’t feel too bad about it. When ypu live in a democracy and there are figures that have more power and influence than our elected politicians it is only right that you should reserve for them a special place in hell. Same with Murdoch.

dogbone

Cummings will last one second longer than Bovis.

Even with the organ on fire, the monkey will continue to dance until the grinder says stop.

dannyh
    Free Member

As soon as we crash out with No Deal, Cumstains’s job is done. His payout from the outsourcing firms will be enormous. He can then wander off into the sunset whenever he chooses. Maybe even a Russian sunset.

He will probably stay around to satisfy his ego (and a raging boner) by dismantling the Civil Service or such like, but after No Deal he is set for life, so he will feel free to do whatever he likes. The man is a dangerous nutter and yet ‘we’ elected his sock puppet Joris, so he is basically Prime Minister.

zippykona

Wait til the working gammons realise the are going to get **** all paid holiday in future then we might see some lamppost action.

dannyh
    Free Member

Wait til the working gammons realise the are going to get **** all paid holiday in future then we might see some lamppost action.

They’ll be told to blame the EU/immigrants/muslims/shirkers etc and they’ll believe it. Again.

Lamppost action maybe, but not where the blame really lies.

wheelsonfire1

What is a gammon? I know gammon is a type of pork product but still don’t know what it means in these circumstances..

wheelsonfire1

And, what is meant by lamp post action? Is it to something to do with dogs?

zippykona

Certain dictators have ended up hanging from lamp posts once the populace realise they have been duped.

wheelsonfire1

Thank you both for the explanations, I’m of the opinion that such derogatory language is not helpful in a reasoned debate? Lots of people who voted for Brexit did it for lots of reasons (I didn’t vote for it) and the lamp post reference is just vile. Come on Singletrack, raise the bar on standards!

Cougar

I’m of the opinion that such derogatory language is not helpful

The term ‘gammon’ is a reference to angry white men going gammon-coloured with rage. Whilst I completely agree that it’s not helpful, would you suggest that it should be a status worthy of protection?

Lots of people who voted for Brexit did it for lots of reasons

Well, this is a) absolutely true and b) an argument put to bed three years ago. You’re a bit late to the party I’m afraid.

(I didn’t vote for it)

What did you vote for?

Northwind

wheelsonfire1
    Subscriber

Lots of people who voted for Brexit did it for lots of reasons

Yes they did, and that’s a huge part of the problem. There was a tiny majority for brexit, and only because people could vote for lots of reasons, for different, incompatible, or impossible brexits. Promised everything, and then all those votes for lots of reasons suddenly became a mandate for whatever brexit happens no matter what. There was never a majority for any one brexit that could ever happen.

dannyh
    Free Member

You’re a bit late to the party I’m afraid.

Almost suspiciously so…..

🤔🤔🤔

kelvin

My favourite is still people voting for more visas for chefs for curry houses… or the banning of bull fighting… or to save our cuppa tea… or to save the polar bear… oh, alright, there’s so many good ones I can’t choose a favourite.

Actually, the number of people who told me in 2016 that they were voting to “do right by our NHS”… that has to be the favourite, if only for John Major’s failed attempt to debunk it.

andy8442
    Free Member

History will judge this man, and he ( along with Bannon) will be put down in the same chapters as some of Stalin’s, and Hitler’s shady men in the shadows.

dannyh
    Free Member

History will judge this man, and he ( along with Bannon) will be put down in the same chapters as some of Stalin’s, and Hitler’s shady men in the shadows.

Goebbels would be most upset at being described as ‘in the shadows’.

Johnson is just an opportunist bellend along for the ride (Von Papen in this little re-run). Who is going to play the lead, though?

eskay

Well, they’ve been at it again. The Good Law Project seem like the only viable organisation to hold this bunch of ***** to account. They have already started a lawsuit against the government for the PPE scandal.

If you feel strongly about this (and you can afford it) try to donate a little to help the cause:

https://goodlawproject.org/

A lobbying firm run by allies of Dominic Cummings was handed a contract worth £900,000 to conduct public opinion polling on the coronavirus pandemic. The contract was awarded to Hanbury Strategy without any advertisement or competitive tender process. And it was awarded to Hanbury despite the fact that – as our sworn evidence discloses – Hanbury was ill-suited to do the bulk of the work and would have had to subcontract it to others. That sworn evidence also suggests that the price paid by Government was “absolutely off the chart”.

Two of three active directors of Hanbury Strategy are Mr Paul Stephenson, a former Conservative advisor and Vote Leave alumni, and Mr Ameetpal Singh Gill, a former advisor to David Cameron. The Government has ignored the law which requires them to publish details of the contract. However, media reports state that the contract came to an end after four months, with Hanbury Strategy having run up a bill of more than half a million pounds. Without details of the contract, we have no way of knowing how they arrived at this huge sum of money.

Ignoring proper procurement practices to hand lucrative contracts to your mates is unlawful. We have issued judicial review proceedings to challenge this award. More details of the claim can be found here.

These aren’t the only long-time associates of Dominic Cummings getting rich from COVID-19. We have already issued judicial review proceedings over a contract awarded to Public First, a small polling company owned by former colleagues of Mr Cummings. Again, the contract was not advertised and no other companies were invited to bid for it.

The Government does not contend its actions are lawful. It says only that we cannot bring these challenges because we do not have standing. They argue only companies who could have bid on these contracts have that right. But other companies operating in this space will not speak out for fear of losing other business.

So it falls to us. We cannot, and will not, stop in our efforts to hold this Government to account.

Thank you,

Jolyon Maugham QC
    Director of Good Law Project

kelvin

Been paying your council tax? Of course you have. We all have. Cummings hasn’t been… and doesn’t have to pay any of the past council tax he’s been avoiding for years…

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/14/dominic-cummings-must-pay-council-tax-on-second-home-in-durham

eskay

“It just proves there is two sets of rules: one for them and another for everyone else. It is not right.”

Very old news there!!!

A link from that page threw up this story:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/07/couple-who-allege-cummings-made-second-lockdown-trip-accuse-police-of-bias

fingerbang
    Free Member

The spitting image portrayal of domcum is great, freakish, evil, oddball Mekon. And baby eater. “Why don’t you fire me?”

Klunk
    Free Member

nstpaul

“To understand him fully, we need a general view of how revolutions work. The determined reformer has to decide at what point to make peace with morally ambiguous methods for bringing about the desired changes. What is at stake at this moment is the very idea of a “rule of law”, something that insists on what is due to citizens, irrespective of their convictions or of the convenience of government. Once it is granted that someone has the right – in the language of some modern political philosophers – to declare an indefinite “state of emergency” in which the rule of law is suspended, no person or institution is safe.

And there is another aspect to this. Revolutions need a variety of political personalities; they need theorists and managers, but they also need enforcers, people with less intelligence or conscience than their colleagues. To some extent one can assess the moral jeopardy of revolutionary movements by the ease with which such figures rise to the top.”

Not actually a quote referring to anybody of our time, but to master political manipulator Thomas Cromwell’s tactics in the 16th century.

No parallels with modern times there then. Didn’t end well for Cromwell though.

Cromwell

Sorry, long boring nightshift 🙂

eskay

At last, the news we all wanted. Every time I saw this thread surface I hoped it would be news that he was leaving.

They should have sacked him after his trip to the country, keeping him in did untold damage.

Good riddance

colournoise

I would be glad, but can’t help thinking that “leaving Downing Street” doesn’t mean the end of his tampering in UK politics. Anything stopping him still advising without an official role? All the fun with none of the accountability (not that that’s really ever a been a concern for him)?

Pieface

He had said in January that he hoped to be redundant by the end of the year, maybe once Brexit is past the point of no return he will go

doomanic

And last night it was reported Cummings would vacate Downing Street by Christmas – according to the BBC, who cited a senior source at No 10.

Even if he goes today it’s months too late. By Christmas his work will be done.

Harry_the_Spider

As long as the police know where he is once the dust finally settles.

nickc

**** good news for a Friday…

Drac

Trump out, Covid 19 vaccine and now Cummings out. 2020 may end on a high yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,081 through 2,120 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.