Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • Harry_the_Spider
    pondo

He’s all over my Twitter feed, yet he’s not trending on Twitter – makes you think….

ratherbeintobago

He has to go, surely?

twistedpencil

It’s about time their was Dom Cummings thread to track his antics on, I appreciate he has his hand up Boris’s rear end but he is cluttering up the Boris watch thread.

Fairly sure he’ll survive, but the next PMQs should be interesting, hopefully it’ll still be a hot topic in two weeks, which suggests that Dom may have orchestrated the timing of this story so that it blows over by the time Keir gets to ask the puppet about it on record…

BillMC

Dom 10cc was just out to prove it’s safe to go back to school and the great unwashed have more immunities than the ‘independently’ educated. I have nightly entertainment on Houseparty of a local who is terminally incapable of criticizing the tories, the verbal and logical acrobatics are stunning. Let’s see what BloJo can come up with in his defence.

butcher

He has to go, surely?

You’d think so. The media are tearing into it so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

No doubt they’ll do everything they can to fly under the radar and hope it just goes away.

lunge

He won’t go, no way. They’ll find a wave to get him off the hook or, more likely, they’ll just ignore it until it goes away.
    We all know this, even if we don’t want to admit it.

eskay

I reckon he is untouchable but should be ejected in the most aggressive way possible.

jimmy

He needs to go out principle, not that Tories have any. Even if he goes, he’ll still be pulling strings.

ElShalimo

He’s like that crappy Bond villain in Quantum of Solace.

I hope he has the same ending (using bleach not oil)

fingerbang
    Free Member

Interesting that it’s still headlining the daily mail website since the story broke last night. Not checked the telegraph paywall or the other RW papes though

ratherbeintobago

@butcher I was under the impression the media hate him.

And presumably so do a lot of the Tory backbenchers?

AlexSimon

they’ll just ignore it until it goes away.

That tactic seems to work very well here and across the pond at the moment. Belligerence works it seems. Especially when you’ve built up your reputation on it.

dakuan
    Free Member

It’s leading on the Torygraph too

null

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

retro83
    Free Member

pondo
    Subscriber

He’s all over my Twitter feed, yet he’s not trending on Twitter – makes you think….
    Posted 21 minutes ago
    Reply | Report

Trending now under #dominicgoings on mine 😁

dakuan
    Free Member

Full torygraph article

Boris Johnson faced calls to sack his chief aide Dominic Cummings after it emerged he was investigated by police after breaching lockdown rules.

Mr Cummings drove from London to Durham with his wife and son to stay with his elderly parents after developing symptoms of coronavirus.

Downing Street said at the time that Mr Cummings was “at home” in isolation, when in fact he was more than 260 miles away.

Police in Durham were tipped off by a member of the public about Mr Cummings’ presence at his parents’ house and explained to the family that lockdown rules – imposed by Mr Johnson days earlier – outlawed such visits.

Opposition parties said Mr Cummings’s position was “completely untenable” and that Mr Johnson now faced a “test of leadership” over the matter, with even Government ministers questioning whether Mr Cummings could now stay in his role.

However, Mr Johnson appeared ready to stand by his long-time ally, with Government sources insisting Mr Cummings and his wife, who was also ill, had taken “what they believed to be the right decision in the interests of their young child”.

Earlier this month Prof Neil Ferguson quit his role as a government scientific adviser after The Telegraph disclosed that he had broken lockdown rules to meet his mistress.

Matt Hancock, the Health Secretary, said at the time that Prof Ferguson’s behaviour had left him “speechless”. Mr Cummings attends meetings of the advisory group from which Prof Ferguson resigned.

The revelation that Mr Cummings broke the Government’s lockdown rules raises serious questions both for him and for Downing Street, which gave journalists the clear impression he was in London despite repeated questions about his whereabouts.

One minister said: “He’s going to have to go. It’s just arrogance.” Another minister said it was “hard to see how [Mr Cummings] can stay based on what we know”.

The minister added: “How can any minister ask the public to obey the rules when the adviser closest to the Prime Minister so flagrantly ignores them?”

Mr Cummings, 48, developed coronavirus symptoms at the end of March and had to self-isolate with his wife Mary Wakefield and their young son for 14 days.

On March 31 the Prime Minister’s official spokesman was asked where Mr Cummings was, and said: “I think he’s in touch with No10 but he is at home, he is self-isolating, he has some symptoms.”

In fact, he was in Durham at the time, not at his home in London, as police made clear in a statement following an investigation by the Guardian and Mirror newspapers.

A spokesman for Durham Constabulary said: “On Tuesday, March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

“Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house.

“In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel”.

Ms Wakefield later wrote about how the couple had “emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown”.

According to the Guardian, Mr Cummings was also spotted near the gate of his parents’ home on April 5, five days after the initial complaint to police and the same day that the Prime Minister was admitted to hospital.

The witness, told the Guardian: “I was really annoyed. I thought ‘it’s OK for you to drive all the way up to Durham and escape from London’. I sympathise with him wanting to do that, but other people are not allowed to do that. It’s one rule for Dominic Cummings and one rule for the rest of us.”

At the time, the Government rules on lockdown stated: “You should not be visiting family members who do not live in your home.

“The only exception is if they need help, such as having shopping or medication dropped off.”

Prof Ferguson is not the only government adviser to resign for breaking lockdown. Scotland’s chief medical officer, Catherine Calderwood, quit her role after making two trips to her second home.

But Sir Ed Davey, the acting leader of the Liberal Democrats, said millions of people had made “incredible sacrifices” to stop the spread of the virus, adding: “If Dominic Cummings has broken the guidelines he will have to resign, it is as simple as that.”

Ian Blackford, the SNP’s Westminster leader, said: “Dominic Cummings’ position is completely untenable – he must resign or be sacked.”

A Labour Party spokesman said: “If accurate, the Prime Minister’s chief adviser appears to have breached the lockdown rules. The Government’s guidance was very clear: stay at home and no non-essential travel.

“The British people do not expect there to be one rule for them and another rule for Dominic Cummings. Number 10 needs to provide a very swift explanation for his actions.”

As news of Mr Cummings’ transgression broke last night, Mr Johnson tweeted a message which said: “Self-isolate and get tested if you have symptoms. Don’t risk spreading the virus.”

Downing Street was approached for comment.

dudeofdoom

And presumably so do a lot of the Tory backbenchers?

I think it’s an attack on Boris, not sure it’s all happiness and light in toryland.

bruneep

The Tory spokesperson Laura Kuenssberg is doing her best to get Dom’s version her sources version out to the worlds media.

It is noticeable on twitter the lack of Tory MPs/MSP posting last night and today

dakuan
    Free Member
    nickc

I think there’s any number in the Cabinet who want him gone. He won’t though

kimbers

He’ll sleeze his way out of it

Interesting to see what line starter takes at PMQs

It was kept secret only Johnson & a few others knew

If they felt the need to cover it up…..

But EVEN if he did go, he’d still be pulling the strings

fingerbang
    Free Member

He could be forced to resign very publicly and ‘disappear’ then Johnson waits a few weeks and appoints a new special advisor/top aide, a burkha clad muslim, who is suspiciously tall and has a pronounced mekon like bulge head apparent through the black cloth. The islamophobia enquiry would be canned forever and the PM would be hailed as the world’s most inclusive world leader. All hail rainbow Boris!

bruneep

Mrs Dom’s version of how poorly they were, yet well enough to drive to Durham

https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/amp/?

After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

🤔

damascus
    Free Member

I get the argument he needed his parents to look after his children while he had symptoms but if they all travelled 250 miles together in a car together then his children would have been exposed.

Hes 48 years old so his parents will be around 70 or older. Why would you want to potentially infect them? Seems an odd choice.

I suspect they have a rather nice estate with several houses for them to choose from where they all stayed together.

So basically travelled 250 miles when they should have stayed at home.

Everyone else that’s done this has fallen on their sword. The media hate him, the opposition hate him, some of boris’s camp hate him. This is an opportunity they have been waiting for, I don’t think they will let it blow over! Let’s see how good a spin Doctor he really is!

ElShalimo

There’s only 1 solution for him and his wife (ditto Gove and Sarah Vile)

reluctantjumper

I guarantee he knows enough dirt on everyone else to keep his position and still be able to pull the strings. They all know if he gets booted out against his free will he’s capable of causing untold damage to the whole party.

Either way they’re all crapping themselves right now.

epicyclo

Ah, the irony when ‘special’ people discover they are not so special after all.

Although I hope Boris or the Mekon isn’t reading this thread because we may see them adopt fingerbang’s cunning ruse. We’ll never forgive him. 🙂

He could be forced to resign very publicly and ‘disappear’ then Johnson waits a few weeks and appoints a new special advisor/top aide, a burkha clad muslim, who is suspiciously tall and has a pronounced mekon like bulge head apparent through the black cloth. The islamophobia enquiry would be canned forever and the PM would be hailed as the world’s most inclusive world leader. All hail rainbow Boris!

andy8442
    Free Member

He is a very, very dangerous individual who shouldn’t have been able to worm his way up the ranks like he has, but he’s there, and this won’t be the end of him. He’ll get away with it and then it officially puts him above the law,( which I’m sure he was very comfortable with anyway) and nothing will change. Prepare for a new diversion/news event sometime this weekend.

fingerbang
    Free Member

bruneep

I get the argument he needed his parents to look after his children while he had symptoms

Keep up Dom has changed the story now

ctk
    Free Member

I do t care if he stays or goes but he was reckless exposing his parents like that. No way on gods earth would I go to my parents house with symptoms- is he trying to kill them?

butcher

I get the argument he needed his parents to look after his children while he had symptoms but if they all travelled 250 miles together in a car together then his children would have been exposed.

Hes 48 years old so his parents will be around 70 or older. Why would you want to potentially infect them? Seems an odd choice.

Presumably they’d already spent time together – otherwise I’m pretty sure Cummins isn’t short for cash for childcare.

Guidelines and common sense would be for households to isolate together. Travelling across the length of the country with it doesn’t appear a sensible move.

Although Laura doesn’t think so.

null

ctk
    Free Member

Jesus Christ L.K, she is a Tory spokesperson end of

devash
    Free Member

He won’t go of his own accord. He and his ilk have dug in too deep to quit now. Too much money involved in Brexit and the gains the disaster capitalists will make when the country starts to fall apart.

Alternatively, Blojob might just “demote” him and then he goes away for a while, only to continue pulling the strings from further behind the scenes.

However, never underestimate the malice of a Tory. There are a lot of anti-Brexit Tories who got shafted by the ERG / Hardliner lot who may be exerting pressure for him to go out of spite. Cummstain is hated by a lot of them and is hardly a figure adored by the general public.

kimbers

Did he make the 5hr journey with no stops at services ?

martinhutch

LK isn’t even trying to hide it any more. Please don’t sack my source!!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

If you live in a Tory seat now is the time to write to your MP to call for Cummings’ resignation. It’s all very well sounding off about it on a bike forum but if you want something to actually happen apply pressure yourself rather than depending on the papers to do it.

If this were anyone else it would be the end for them but I fear Cummings will survive it.

bruneep

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

What did he do wrong?

A bit like when Boris left his main home when he was recovering. It wasn’t against the rules as he didn’t go to his second home, he went to his third.

Dear Dom didn’t go to his parents, he went to his parents second home inside the grounds of their main home.

Clearly within the rules, surely

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.