Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 2,803 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • Premier Icon PhilO
    Free Member

Amongst other things I used to run a General Studies programme in a comprehensive school getting speakers from animal rights, Countryside Alliance, F o I, Palestinians, the occasional politician, ex chair of the Arts Council, a few academics, an ex-coke dealer, ex Chair of the Bar Council. Our centre’s papers were used as exemplars at the exam board. Killed off by the Tories.
    Citizenship was another vehicle for stirring up an understanding of politics. Killed off by the Tories.

Looking back at my school time, *cough* years ago, one of the more useful subjects was O-level history. We were taught to look for biases in the historical sources, to think about what you don’t know as much as what you do know, etc, etc. Applying those same filters to contemporary sources is something that I do every day…

The Tories, of course, continually apply pressure to make the history syllabus all about memorising dates. I can’t for the life of me think why that would be. :-/

Premier Icon kimbers

I see Johnsons advisor on the ministerial code has said he didnt break the minsterial code, because he didnt know that someone else had paid his decorating bill.

I always get other people to pay for my 200K flat refurbishments but dont worry about who

Tho Hancock did break the ministerial code, but only a little bit, so thats fine

I think we all knew that Johnson would end up being exonerated, wouldnt do to have sitting PM exposed as corrupt, wouldnt do at all!

Premier Icon molgrips

Then you too can have regular riots down les Champs

..and you can have an electorate that is prepared to change the government radically when it thinks it’s needed, and a system that can provide it. I didn’t know philosophy was on the curriculum in France – interesting.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

I see Johnsons advisor on the ministerial code has said he didnt break the minsterial code, because he didnt know that someone else had paid his decorating bill.

I always get other people to pay for my 200K flat refurbishments but dont worry about who

In Johnson’s defence (wow, never knew that would ever happen) he is not in the same world as you or me where we are concerned about spend on decorating whereas he just assumes it is done somehow but not a property he owns and one he is just staying in for a few years with costs covered etc,. so probably not really paying much attention to it. Plus he was clearly too busy saving lives.

Premier Icon avdave2
    Free Member

Very good Mefty 😀

Premier Icon Klunk
    Free Member

LOL

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

+1 For Johnathon Pie.
    Political satire these days is more depressing than funny.

Welcome to apathy. 🙁

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash

Fancy that….. I get that desperate times need desperate measures, but if it walks like a duck etc…..

BBC News – Government acted unlawfully over firm’s £560,000 contract
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57413115

Premier Icon Pieface
    Free Member

His failure to provide any actual evidence just makes the whole thing look like sour grapes, and is only going to contribute to the perception of him as being a liar. Unfortunately its probably only going to strenghten the position of the people he was criticising.

Premier Icon dannyh

Unfortunately its probably only going to strenghten the position of the people he was criticising.

And he’s such a scheming, untrustworthy, machiavellian shit that you are always left wondering whether that might have been (at least partly) the point.

Vladislav Surkov would be proud.

Premier Icon kelvin

Government acted unlawfully over firm’s £560,000 contract

Ah… Gove… Gove… Gove…

Premier Icon theotherjonv

I’m still not sure who’s the bigger liar but not even Cummings would fake stuff that could easily be proven false would he?

Where does Boris go next?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57498845

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Where does Boris go next?

A discrete little hotel in the Cotswolds with that Russian violinist?

Premier Icon whitestone
    Free Member

Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned.

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

His failure to provide any actual evidence just makes the whole thing look like sour grapes, and is only going to contribute to the perception of him as being a liar. Unfortunately its probably only going to strenghten the position of the people he was criticising.

I think he’s playing it quite well, he’s let them dig a bigger hole for themselves and dropped some hand grenades in.

Drip feeding is the only way you’ll damage them.If at all.

Premier Icon kelvin

Yup, wait for denials and lies to be formed as a defence, and then undermine them one by one.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

Can’t see anybody caring that Johnson called Hancock **** useless in regards to the testing rollout that he was **** useless at.

Premier Icon markwsf
    Free Member

I think he’s playing it quite well, he’s let them dig a bigger hole for themselves and dropped some hand grenades in.

Yes, I thought that too. Give them the chance to proveably lie in parliment etc.

Premier Icon scruff9252
    Free Member

Can’t see anybody caring that Johnson called Hancock **** useless in regards to the testing rollout that he was **** useless at.

You’d hope that any journalist worth their salt’s next question would be;
    “You knew he was useless, you had the ability to get someone else in post, but you failed to do so. How many deaths do you attribute to your failure to act?”

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t know how to feel about this – Boris saying something true wasn’t on my radar.

Premier Icon theotherjonv

Misread that first time….

LOL’ed second time.

It also makes Hancock unsackable for the time being at least……. which is a particular circle of hell for everyone.

Premier Icon kimbers

I like the fact that Hancock ignored 3 calls from Johnson

Just remniding hom whos the boss

Premier Icon loum
    Free Member

Drip feeding is the only way you’ll damage them.If at all.

The thing is, he can’t replace the government.
    But he is, effectively, replacing the opposition. Starmer becomes less relevent by the day.
    And, ironically, BJ’s position strengthens.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

“You knew he was useless, you had the ability to get someone else in post, but you failed to do so. How many deaths do you attribute to your failure to act?”

“Blah, blah, wibble”, go into hiding for a couple of days and let it blow over and the news will have moved onto something else.

I don’t know how to feel about this – Boris saying something true wasn’t on my radar.

Not entirely sure how “Hancock is **** hopeless” registers as news really.

Next week, Cummings reveals what bears do in woods

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

But the PM’s official spokesman insisted Mr Johnson has full confidence in the health secretary.

Thats the death knell right there. Soon as this phrase gets used its a sure sign whomever it concerns is getting dumped.

Premier Icon convert

Cummings is 49. I don’t really know much of his background – does he need to work again?

Who is ever going to employ him? What do you do for the rest of your useful years if you are Cummings. Anyone vaguely centre or left of centre will never employ him as he is a turd. Anyone to the right will not employ him because he’s called all their wet dream fumblings a bunch of turds. And he’s a backstabbing snark who has done the very definition of curling one down on the bosses desk as he left the building in the most public of ways. Who’d employ that?

He not very interesting to listen to, he can’t stroke kittens, I don’t see him dancing on ice – what’s left?

Premier Icon dissonance

I don’t really know much of his background – does he need to work again?

He is married into the aristocracy odd as that might be to believe for someone who loved railing against the elites and his family aint exactly poor either.

Premier Icon kimbers

I lurk on a very long running twitter thread with 30odd Ayn Rand, Brexit & Tory worshiping forex traders & armchair economists, they are currently in love with GB news
    Cummings was their idol- a genius who understands how dangerous the EU elite bureaucrts are etc , now they tweet that he should have an ‘accident’ if he releases any more Johnson whatsapps

Premier Icon dissonance

now they tweet that he should have an ‘accident’ if he releases any more Johnson whatsapps

I am not overly opposed to that idea so long as he releases everything first or his estate does on his behalf.

Premier Icon dannyh

“Blah, blah, wibble”, go into hiding for a couple of days and let it blow over and the news will have moved onto something else.

This. Maybe have a word with the chums in the media to do a story about illegal immigrants or something, to keep the pillocks happy in the interim.

Hancock won’t go anywhere unless pushed. Remember this lot left self respect at the door when they chose to use a palpably stupid political act to advance their own careers, which would have, rightly, faded into obscurity if it wasn’t for the collective stupidity of the audience.

🇬🇧🍆💦🇬🇧

Premier Icon kimbers

There’s not a minister that hasn’t broken the ministerial code, let alone Johnson himself

The culture wars Cummings help create mean that they’re competence as a government is largely irrelevant

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

And, ironically, BJ’s position strengthens.

Dunno, the Brexit shield of invulnerability seems to be holding but I don’t think ‘his’ positions getting stronger.

He’ll hang in and skip off into the sunset with no 10’s silver cutlery one day.

Seems the price of Brexit was far greater than anyone originally expected in the real life & death terms

Hancock won’t go anywhere unless pushed. Remember this lot left self respect at the door when they chose to use a palpably stupid political act to advance their own careers

I think it’s worse they didn’t leave self respect, they wrestled control and are doing whatever they like.

Premier Icon binners
    Premier Icon dannyh

That Newsthump link is spot on. Too many thickos about.

Premier Icon kerley
    Free Member

It Trump is still alive in 3 years time he may find Cummings and his ‘ways’ useful to him for his next campaign.

Premier Icon mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Who is ever going to employ him?

Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Al Assad…

Some of those prospective employers might be a little more prone to causing ‘accidents’ than Boris*, if he doesn’t toe the line.

* well, the Team Leave money guys, I guess.

Premier Icon TheBrick
    Free Member

Who is ever going to employ him?

Many many publishers. He can make more money on the media circuit than he has as an adviser.

I think the Daily Star sums it up

BBC News – Newspaper headlines: ‘Nuclear Dom’ and return of holidays for vaccinated
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-57506466

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

Trump, Putin, Bolsonaro, Erdogan, Al Assad…

Labour 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 2,803 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.