Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • dudeofdoom

Can’t wait to see exactly what you have to do to be thrown out of this government tbh 🙂

dissonance

Can’t wait to see exactly what you have to do to be thrown out of this government tbh

Disagreeing with the glorious leaders seems to be the main one especially if you announce it to the press that he is breaking his word on something.

binners

Can’t wait to see exactly what you have to do to be thrown out of this government tbh

Well, 120,000+ dead barely merits a shrug of acknowledgment so god only knows.

Reading what Cummings has just published it just seems to confirm what you’ve suspected all along:

that this present cabinet is stuffed with total incompetents who would have been our their depth on a wet pavement, and who’s only priority seems to dodging responsibility, covering their arses and sorting out nice big juicy contracts for their mates

dannyh
    Free Member

Say something disparaging about Glorious Brexit and you’d be out on your ear in five seconds flat.

Embezzle billions and give it to your mates whilst letting covid mortality be +50%(?) of a ‘sensible*’, ‘balanced*’ level…. no worries.

*Difficult notion to put across without sounding crass, but there is a balance to be struck. Johnson and his rabble have just managed to strike the wrong balances at the wrong time – all the time. Always too late.

Northwind

You only have to remember that Dominic Raab ended up deputising as prime minister when Johnston was in hospital, and he got the job entirely because he was an enthusiastic liar about brexit,That’s it, his only qualification, took him instantly from back-bench mediocrity/endless reshuffle crab/that guy that voted down the brexit deal he helped negotiate, to being in charge of a G8 nation.

Cougar

A discrete little hotel in the Cotswolds with that Russian violinist?

Hell hath no fury like a lover scorned.

Too much sex and violins?

Seems the price of Brexit was far greater than anyone originally expected

Project fear.

frankconway

Too much sex and violins?

👏👏

kimbers

hes a dog with a bone

dannyh
    Free Member

hes a dog with a bone

He’s a scheming shit.

But, for now, his actions align with my interests. So he is my bezzy.

The second he runs out of anti-government ammo, though, I will turn on him.

It’s what he would want anyway. It is his entire MO.

kimbers

I won’t be watching his egomassaging interview tomorrow

But I will be chuckling at the WhatsApp he’s going to release

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jul/19/dominic-cummings-tells-bbc-that-pm-denied-covid-would-overwhelm-nhs

dissonance

I won’t be watching his egomassaging interview tomorrow

I am sure Kuenssberg will try her best to interrogate him about how he managed to push his baseless claims into the media. I have no doubt he will look an utter fool about his jolly last year and how one journalist looked even more foolish by happily providing his immediate rebuttal statement anonymously.

kimbers

lisa o’carroll (@lisaocarroll) Tweeted:
    Few bombshells there @bbclaurak interview with Dominic Cummings just now https://t.co/hkUGp9oymx https://twitter.com/lisaocarroll/status/1417231824904937479?s=20

dissonance

Any vetting of those screenshots? Given its well documented that Johnson is known as Alex{ander} to those close to him the use of “Boris Johnson” seems odd.

mboy
    Free Member

I am sure Kuenssberg will try her best to interrogate him about how he managed to push his baseless claims into the media.

She may well be, but unlike Boris, Cummings has the capability of not only answering the questions asked, but will also be able to do so without fear of recrimination.

I have no doubt he will look an utter fool about his jolly last year and how one journalist looked even more foolish by happily providing his immediate rebuttal statement anonymously.

Cummings doesn’t care, and rightly so. His trip to Barnard Castle served a higher purpose for sure, I can suggest why he might have driven 250 miles to a town where GSK’s primary research facility was with a suspected case of the virus, but… Well… I’m sure we’re going to find out from the horses mouth soon enough, and I don’t like to spoil the surprise!

Any vetting of those screenshots? Given its well documented that Johnson is known as Alex{ander} to those close to him the use of “Boris Johnson” seems odd.

Only to those acquaintances who are also ex-Etonian, so I understand… Cummings is a pleb as far as Boris is concerned, so doesn’t seem at all far fetched.

He’s a scheming shit.

But, for now, his actions align with my interests. So he is my bezzy.

The second he runs out of anti-government ammo, though, I will turn on him.

It’s what he would want anyway. It is his entire MO.

Touche!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend though… At least until he has served his purpose, and becomes my enemy himself again!

neilnevill
    Free Member

Shall I summarise and save 4 pages here? Dom’s let rip again. Boris denied all… Again, some here will get over excited and feel Boris will topple before the day is out, others will call Dom an attention seeker. The media frenzy will be… Half hearted. Boris will laugh and ignore it, story forgotten by Friday.

Klunk
    Free Member

the Sun are running with paedo premiership player. Doms in the side bar. Though the Daily Fail are going with PM tried to kill the Queen.

mboy
    Free Member

Though the Daily Fail are going with PM tried to kill the Queen.

Not that I would lower myself to buying or even reading it, I am finding it quite gratifying just how the Daily Fail has turned its readership against Boris of late even if only primarily because its loyalty is to the Royal Family over and above everything else!

Shall I summarise and save 4 pages here? Dom’s let rip again. Boris denied all… Again, some here will get over excited and feel Boris will topple before the day is out, others will call Dom an attention seeker. The media frenzy will be… Half hearted. Boris will laugh and ignore it, story forgotten by Friday.

C’mon mate… Don’t piss on our chips! Everyone knows you’re right, no need to ruin the moment… 😉

dissonance

She may well be

I was taking the piss. She reliably regurgitated all the lies he fed her as “a downing street source” so its going to be about as friendly an interview as you can get.

martinhutch

She’s wringing the last drips out of her main source. Sideways move into a different reporting job on the way.

nickc

She reliably regurgitated all the lies he fed her as “a downing street source”

Arguably, that was her job. To tell the public what she was told by the government. It’s not a journalistic role, she’s just a reporter. Ultimately though, it’s a slightly sad, slightly sordid little revenge drama, it’s all a bit pathetic.

crazy-legs

She’s wringing the last drips out of her main source. Sideways move into a different reporting job on the way.

I hear GB News have some vacancies…

greyspoke
    Free Member

Some of the stuff was new (though not surprising). With suporting text. We probably have to wait a bit to see how Johnsonites respond, so far it has been a bit limp.

neilnevill
    Free Member

It is depressing that we have a (recent ex) senior government advisor dropping bombshells and the papers and opposition are not bothered. This government has no one holding them to account

bruneep

Caher

Surely there’s a whole bumper pop up annual in this for Cummings, why’s he giving freebee interviews?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s a bizarre implosion for him, where does he go from here? Untrustworthy bitter snitch for hire?

“Johnson’s a lying arsehole”
    “Yeah, we know”
    “Oh”

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Dom is not after money, he is wealthy by Marriage. He likes to be a disruptor and thinks he is uber smart.

He is a disruptor but also a bit of a one trick pony (vote Leave get brexit done) he is observational but that’s hardly difficult with our electorate and Boris.

He really believes that him and his cohort have the answers for a post brexit UK, his mistake was believing that the Tories would allow him to do stuff because he won brexit and an election, this misjudgement demonstrates his lack of understanding of the realities of the Tory party.

He remains a bit non plussed about why he wasn’t allowed to just crack on.

convert

where does he go from here?

Agreed. I’ve said it before in this thread but it become more relevant after every interview……not only is he not the person you’d want to employ in your corner as you’d fear the knife in the back but who would show to his after dinner speech circuit? Not the gammons because of his Marcus Brutus routine on their beloved Boris, and no one left of centre because Cummings is still an utter ****.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

He may currently be excommunicated by virtually all political movements….

but he will be back.

Caher

I think he believes he’s the reincarnation of Machiavelli.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

He is not machivellian dont make that mistake, if anything he is the opposite- give him a bone (that he wants) and watch him go.

He struck a deal with the Tories to help deliver a general election which he thought would allow him to deploy his “schemes” and tear the heart out of the Civil Service/Central Gov etc. He was conned (suprise) and yet he still hung around.

I dont like the bloke (actually was in a meeting with him back in 2014) and he has ****ed up my life considerably, but he is not Right Wing, not a Tory, not disloyal and not particularly greedy (in comparison to most) applying labels to that little ****er is a bad idea and will get you into trouble.

He has Maoist/Anarchist traits but in many ways he is the opposite of a career politician as he views politics, referendums, elections simply as tools to help him disrupt.

The trouble is his pact with Boris was as close as he will ever get to deploying his schemes and he probably knows it.

Northwind

nickc

Arguably, that was her job. To tell the public what she was told by the government. It’s not a journalistic role, she’s just a reporter.

She literally “reported” Cummungs version of his trip to Barnard Castle from a “source” which he’s confirmed was him. And also repeated verifiably false claims from “sources” (Matt Hancock and Cummings) about the fake attack on Hancock’s advisor.

She’s the political editor not “just a reporter” but she’s also effectively a government press agent.

nickc

I think he believes he’s the reincarnation of Machiavelli.

I read on quote on Twitter that neatly summed him up. “He’s like a man who plays video games all day, who thinks he’s talking to other people who play video games all day too”

I don’t think he gives the slightest single shit about the consequences of what he did in the Leave campaign, outside of just wanting other people to realise that he’s clever. Same with the campaign to get Johnson elected, and then coming clean about the fact that he “knew all along” Johnson is unfit for office…It’s an interview I think he’ll come to regret.

neilnevill
    Free Member

While I agree it doesn’t make DC look delightful, I am very disappointed how Boris just ignores it and no one holds him to account about the allegations. Do people think DC is making it all up?

crazy-legs

Do people think DC is making it all up?

Do people care?

Sadly, I think we’re more or less at the point where Johnson could pop the entire cabinet into a nice castle somewhere, divide the country up into 13 tribunes and watch it all play out.

dudeofdoom

Sadly, I think we’re more or less at the point where Johnson could pop the entire cabinet into a nice castle somewhere, divide the country up into 13 tribunes and watch it all play out.

I think Alex was recently asking for suggestions on his levelling thing, have you thought of suggesting this 🙂

dudeofdoom

Do people think DC is making it all up?

But it would have been worse under labour,they did their best,no-one knew.

dannyh
    Free Member

But it would have been worse under labour

See that boatload of immigrants the other day? Labour would have given them a 3 bed detached! Each!

Etc. Etc.

And the pillocks will buy the lie. Over and over and over again.

🇬🇧🍆💦🇬🇧

mildred

don’t think he gives the slightest single shit about the consequences of what he did in the Leave campaign, outside of just wanting other people to realise that he’s clever. Same with the campaign to get Johnson elected, and then coming clean about the fact that he “knew all along” Johnson is unfit for office…It’s an interview I think he’ll come to regret

He certainly doesn’t give a shit about the consequences of what he did in the leave campaign, but arguably neither do a millions of people who voted leave. I think the whole NHS money thing on a bus, Turkish EU membership opening doors to refugees and terrorists etc. Was debunked as soon as it appeared; google isn’t difficult to use and was available to anyone to fact check such claims at that time. To focus on these things like LK did totally ignores the big issue of how and why we ended up with a referendum. It’s simply attacking the straw man to divert away from the actual issue. EU membership was essentially a Conservative party argument and hardly affected us plebs.

Simply put, he didn’t give a shit because he was merely doing a job he was employed to do by a cynical and greedy right wing. To do anything else would’ve lost him his job. To specifically blame him for all the shortcomings of Brexit (which is the leap some people seem to make) is like a bad workman blaming his tools for the shit job he’s done.

If anything it should prompt people to examine their own choices in recent times. We ALL knew Boris would be unfit for office, just as most Americans knew Trump was unfit for office, but the slow burn of Nationalist & Populist rhetoric enabled this. I’m sure we can all remember all of the anti-EU stories in the press (straight bananas etc.) the slow burn of such anti stories have a habit of sticking in peoples’ minds. What was surprising to me was how much of a surprise it was to many that the leave campaign won and weak politicians like the current crop emerged from the wreckage. It wasn’t a surprise it was an inevitability; to lay the blame on some bloke like Cummings is to totally ignore how we got here; it’s just lazy (ironically, predictably so).

dissonance

Simply put, he didn’t give a shit because he was merely doing a job he was employed to do by a cynical and greedy right wing. To do anything else would’ve lost him his job

Nah you are letting him off lightly there. He was doing the job since he had a dream that he could use brexit to do his “reform” of government. He was using the tories as much as they were using him.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,761 through 2,800 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.